Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Couples Barbados Update. Done Deal!

Greetings to All. Its a DONE DEAL!!!!

COUPLES RESORTS AND CASUARINA BEACH CLUB CONCLUDE NEGOTIATIONS FOR ALMOND CASUARINA BEACH RESORT, BARBADOS

Montego Bay, January 14, 2013- Glenn Lawrence, CEO Couples Resorts announced today that Couples Resorts and Casuarina Beach Club Limited have concluded negotiations for the lease of the 280 room Almond Casuarina Beach Resort, in Barbados, effective February 10, 2013.

Under Couples Resorts management, the resort will operate as Casuarina Beach Resort through May 31, 2013, offering the same facilities and amenities currently being provided. During the period of February 10 – May 31, Couples Resorts will embark on a US$ 3 million facilities and property upgrade program designed to bring the resort up to the Couples Resorts standards.
    The upgrades will include:
    • New décor and amenities in public areas and guest rooms,
    • New pool and Jacuzzi,
    • New Spa and Salon,
    • New Gym with state-of-the-art equipment and designated Yoga gazebo,
    • New piano bar/lounge.

Effective June 1, 2013 the resort will be rebranded as Couples Barbados® and will become the island’s first and only all-inclusive resort exclusively for adult couples.

“We are thrilled to launch our first-ever venture in Barbados and believe this property located on the vibrant South Coast to be the perfect addition to the Couples Resorts family of boutique-style hotels,” states Couples Resorts’ CEO, Glenn Lawrence. “We look forward to introducing this resort to a new Couples audience and we are proud to provide our loyal Couples guests with another destination for them to call ‘home’”.

“Couples Barbados staff will surpass guest expectations for a Caribbean all-inclusive vacation by delivering the romance experience and quality inclusions synonymous with the Couples Resorts brand”, says Randy Russell, Couples’ Senior Vice President and Chief Romance Officer®.
    “Our Barbados guests will enjoy:
    • Complimentary internet café and WIFI,
    • Unlimited premium brand drinks,
    • Gourmet dining options,
    • In-room dining,
    • 24 hour food service,
    • Personalized mini-bars,
    • Ipod/MP3 docking stations,
    • Piano/sports bar/lounge,
    • Tennis with instruction,
    • All taxes and gratuities
    All set in a stunning beachfront location with lush gardens certain to reignite the spark that first brought the couple together.”

Couples Barbados will redefine the meaning of all-inclusive on the island by introducing an array of exclusive value-added inclusions, specifically:
    • Free Roundtrip transfers from Grantley Adams International Airport
    • Free weddings and renewal of vows
    • Free golf (transfers and greens fees) at The Barbados Golf Club
    • Free Glass Bottom Boat Ride, including swimming with Sea Turtles
    • Free Sunset Catamaran Cruise
    • Free Scuba Dive
    • Free Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, and Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking with instruction
    • Free Shuttle to Oistin’s Fish Fry – a Barbados MUST-DO
    • Guided Barbadian Green Monkey trail walk

About Couples Resorts:
    Couples Resorts, headquartered in Montego Bay, Jamaica, owns and operates four properties in Jamaica – Couples Tower Isle, Couples Sans Souci, Couples Swept Away and Couples Negril – and now one in Barbados – Couples Barbados. Pioneered by the legendary Abe Issa, “the father of Jamaican tourism,” each Couples Resort is an unsurpassed model of the all-inclusive resorts concept, boldly designed with local inspiration to create a harmonic sense of nature and authentic Caribbean spirit. For over 35 years, Couples has delighted guests and refined the Caribbean all-inclusive resort experience by providing unparalleled service, exceptional dining experiences and exclusive added value inclusions. For further information please visit Romantic Getaways At All Inclusive Couples Resorts In Jamaica | Couples Resorts Jamaica.

About Almond Casuarina Beach Resort:
    The hotel known as Almond Casuarina Beach Resort, which was for several years managed by Almond Resorts Inc, is the property of Casuarina Beach Club Ltd which is owned by Goddard Enterprises Limited, The Barbados Shipping & Trading Co. Limited and Almond Resorts Inc. (“Owners”). This announcement follows on from the decision of the Owners to divest their investment in Casuarina Beach Club.

Couples Resorts

Yea!! Really looking forward to staying at Couples Barbados,possibly this year. Any idea when the rates will be available? Keeping fingers crossed that its not out of our price range.

Sounds amazing!

Time to save up so we can go sometime in the future.
    Still haven't been to any couples yet, but Tower Isle here we come this Thursday!

Can't wait to check out Barbados....March 2014

will there be a/n available at the new resort?

When can we book for September 2014 and what will rates look like? Can't wait to check out CB!

Interesting option?
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Awesome, I want to go there!

Congratulations on the addition to the Couples Resorts family! Can't wait to book our next vacation!!!

I notice that some of the rooms have French balconies. I hope that Couples makes these rooms a category in themselves. Certainly I would hate to get to my room and find I had no proper outside space - I would insist on moving.

Squally80 - No, Sorry, Au Naturel bathing is not permitted in Barbados.

Dawn, yes, we are separating these 21 rooms into their own category.

Rates to be announced within the next 24 hours, including a phenomenal introductory offer.

Couples Resorts

Great News. When will we be able to make reservations?

sounds excellent! can't wait to hear about more developments.

Quote Originally Posted by squally80 View Post
    I doubt it... I have been to the Almond and Turtle Beach next door. It is on a busy stretch of beach with lots of other resorts. I'm not sure where they could have an AN section.

Squally80,
    Randy addressed that in his initial post located at http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...arbados-22160/. Quoting Randy "No - nudity, even topless, is not accepted on the island of Barbados."

Sorry.

So exciting! I do hope the "Free Scuba Dive" is a typo and should be free suba diving - as the formed implies its just one dive.

Amy

I would really doubt it.....Barbados is an extremely conservative island
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Congratulations Couples! I will hope & wish we can someday we visit & enjoy! I'd love to try swimming w/the turtles! Love - Razzl

We are very excited about Couples in Barbados. We went to Barbados several years ago and loved the island but the resort we stayed at was literally overrun with kids. We will always come back to Couples in Jamaica because that is truly our home away from home but I think we will have to try Couples Barbados in 2014. We always wished Couples would have resorts on other islands. It is just nice to have a change of scenery once in awhile. We will be anxious to see what the prices will be for next year. Can't wait until it is totally Couples with a new website. I'm sure the website will be as fantastic as it is for Couples in Jamaica. See you this June/July at CN.

A new "Home"! So very excited to explore this property and experience a new Couples. Twelve years and counting on visiting Couples Resorts. Many more to come. CTI, see you in 3 days!!

Ironically we had looked very seriously at taking our 25th anniversary trip to Barbados some years ago, but settled instead on our first trip to Jamaica and CSA and have never looked back. Now that Barbados has a Couples resort available we may take another look at that destination some time in the future. Mrs. dirtleg is particularly intrigued with the idea.

Congratulations, hope this venture works out very well for both Couples and guests alike.

squally80, I already asked Randymon that question. There will be NO A/N. It's not allowed in Barbados.

Congrats on the new addition to the Couples brand. However, don't see anything in the amenities listing about an A/N option. Boo! Guess we'll have to stick with Jamaica, Mon.

Sounds like a must do! Barbados is beautiful!!

On the previous announcement Randymon said there would not be an A/N area as nudity is illegal in Barbados. However, in checking out Barbados, it's illegal on the "beaches" because all beaches are public. Maybe we can talk Couples into making one of the pools A/N, kind of like CSS's sunset beach just without the beach or the small area that is the great island at CTI. It's on private property right?? The property already has a couple of pools and they're adding another, surely one of them is private/secluded enough to make it A/N. One could hope, right?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast