Default Tower Isle dock?

Has this already been addressed? When will the dock be replaced/repaired?

Go question, anyone have current pictures
    Irie Mon

My husband and I were there last year in April and was told the dock was new.. Now not sure if something happened to it due to Hurricane Sandy?? But here is a picture of it from last AprilName:  jamica dock.jpg
Views: 1964
Size:  20.9 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1978
Size:  311.8 KB

I sure hope the island and dock are open. So excited to try out the new pontoon boat!

Why isn't everyone falling out of the boat!?!
    Or did you take that picture in Australia and post it by accident?

So it looks like people might need to wade in to the Isle from the boat, at least for now?
    Not going to bother me if the dock isn't there when we come back to TI in May...

Jason

Have no idea why it posted upside down but you have to walk over the sand bags. the picture was taken at chrismas. I was told the dock would be rebuilt when the insurance pay out.

It's hard to tell from the picture dandj posted, but the boat actually pulls into a U shape in the sandbags. Still pretty easy to get on and off.

hmcgaughey, that is the picture of the pier on the mainland, not the dock on the island. The pier is fine. The dock blew away during Sandy and was "replaced" by the sandbag-based "cove" dandj tried to show. Basically the boat tries to run onto the sandbags between the arms of the "C". It worked in varying degrees depending on the wind, the tide, the number of passengers, etc. On the last day I thought we were going to have to spend the night on the island as the wind really picked up and the "skipper" must have had to try 15 times to make it into the right position.

We were at CTI for Sandy when the dock disappeared. I'm sure that when the insurance check shows up a newer dock will be built, The good news is that we'll have a new dock and if the sand bags are dumped in the correct location a new beach!

Living on Island Time, 268 days, Ed & Lynn

I'm on the island right now. Yes there is a sandbag landing. Very easy on and off the pantoon boat. Its 86 degrees out and clear skies. Having a great time. Only problem is there is no bananas for the drinks, the storm destroyed the crops in Jamaica. We're transfer to CSS tomorrow to spend another 7 days in paradise.

Too bad they couldn't use the insurance money to develop a platform and ladder to access the water on the far side as well. Granted currents may be tough, but they could pull the ladder on the windier and rougher surf days. You could get a much better sense of swimming au naturel in the deeper water there.

I also like the idea of developing a "beach" per jamaica8!

Can anyone from COUPLES please respond with the status of fixing the dock? Would have thought this would have been done by now!

I Would think that safety of the vacationers would be high on their list!

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    Have no idea why it posted upside down but you have to walk over the sand bags. the picture was taken at chrismas. I was told the dock would be rebuilt when the insurance pay out.
    Seriously? They have to wait for the insurance check to repair a dock? Didn't Couples just purchase an entire resort? I would think a missing dock and having guests have to climb over sandbags would be a safety issue that would be addressed immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by popup40 View Post
    Seriously? They have to wait for the insurance check to repair a dock? Didn't Couples just purchase an entire resort? I would think a missing dock and having guests have to climb over sandbags would be a safety issue that would be addressed immediately.
    Who should I call to find this out?

Whats the big deal with the dock? Go out to the Island and enjoy. Its not unsafe to go now, its just not as handy.

I'm at CTI right now. Island was closed over the weekend for the dock to be rebuilt. Not open today as planned due to high waves but the rebuilt dock looks just about finished.

We just returned from CTI and the pier was good. Had 3 days of huge wind and it was sturdy, safe and solid. Last 4 days were wonderful to lay in the sun and just enjoy foo-foo drinks with my special one... No worries people, Couples Tower Isle will take care of you. Incredible job Tower Isle and Randy R!!

We just got back from CTI today, the dock was in it's 3rd day of repair when we left. I'm not sure when construction is planned to be complete but they were working long hours.

Tower Isle dock...not the pier on beach side. My bad, everyone. No dock as of first week in Feb out on the island, but no sand bags either. Pier is great meeting place on the beach. Lots of wonderful people. Transfer boat to Tower Isle still lands on the sand out at the island. Go with the flow and pretend you've just landed on that secluded caribbean beach with just your special one. and a pool. and a little buffet. and LOTS of free drinks. and some of the best naked friends on the planet. You are in Jamaica together, just be happy and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by huntermn View Post
    We just got back from CTI today, the dock was in it's 3rd day of repair when we left. I'm not sure when construction is planned to be complete but they were working long hours.
    Is the repair on the pier or the missing dock on TI. Here is a picture of the "old" dock.

A lot of folks are really interested. Thanks, E&L

Name:  CTI Missing Dock.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  159.6 KB

The above photo is my FAVORITE photo of all time from CTI! I used to have a copy of this photo (without the Couples Secret Rendezvous advertisement) as my desktop background. My computer crashed and I have lost the photo! Does anyone have a copy of this photo you would be willing to share?!?!? My desktop background on my new computer just isn't the same without the pic of the island dock and resort at night!!! Thanks in advance for any assistance!!!

Darcy

Right click on the image and save it. Then paste it into a document or somewhere that you can access it from.

I totally did not see your portion about the advertisement, sorry. Maybe if you copied it into a photo editor of some kind you can erase the message.