Thread: Packing Tip

Hybrid View

Default Packing Tip

I know many travellers do this already, but what my husband and I do when travelling is each pack 1/2 of our clothes/shoes/bathing suits (if you are not AN!) in each other's suitcase. At least then if one suitcase is delayed by a day or two, one person isn't completely without a full wardrobe!

On our last trip to CSS, we met a couple who travelled on a direct flight from Canada and the airline lost the guys suitcase. His wife was fully outfitted in her bathing suits/daytime wear/evening wear, but he was sadly walking around the resort in his travelling shorts for 3 days and was quite upset about the ordeal. He managed to borrow a button-up shirt from a fellow traveller for one evening's dinner, but he was an unusual size so he had a difficult time to find suitable clothes to purchase.

yes we have always packed a little bit in each luggage just for that exact reason.

My poor husband if they lost my luggage and I didnt have swimsuits or clothes or anything lol
    Lost luggage is always a deep fear of mine.

My boyfriend and I each bring a carry-on with a full day of clothes just in case this happens.

On our last vacation, both our bags were delayed a day so that wouldn't have worked, although we are going to do it for our next trip anyway, as well as packing a very few things in our carry on.

We travel carry on ONLY.... never get lost luggage unless we lose it ourselves...

Good tip!

Yes we do that and have atleast enough things for the first day in our carry on . It's starligt gala the first night we arrive so will make sure we proper attire for that with us .

and be sure to have your swimsuit in a carry on in case you can't get into your room right away - we have always packed this way so we both bore the pain of lost luggage