Hybrid View

Default is Lobster available in the restaurants after April 1??

I know that from April 1 - June 30, Lobster is out of season in Jamaica but I've read that restaurants are allowed to serve lobster that has been frozen before that date until April 21. Is this the case at Couples resorts? We really enjoyed our lobster dinner when we went last time in January but this year will be there in early April instead......just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this...

We have been to CSS 3 times and CSA 4 times in April for our anniversary each year and no lobster.

We have visited CSA several times, always in June, and lobster was not available at all while out of season. I think this is a policy of Couples out of respect to the the law's intent of conservation of the species. Mrs. dirtleg loves lobster but has not missed it as there are always plenty of other seafood dishes available, including crab, that make up for the absence of lobster.

I have never seen it available in April at CN and this is my 4th April trip. I feel your pain. Been there twice in March and had incredible lobster. My concern of course as far as finding off resort is what condition was that lobster before it was frozen.

As a chef, I would never serve a dish that was out of season, and I would never ever serve something that was frozen! I'm sure that the culinary staff at the couples resorts feel the same way. I too am a fan of lobster, and indeed I will miss it in April but enjoy all the other FRESH seafood and options that we will encounter during our stay.
    84 days and a wakeup!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    As a chef, I would never serve a dish that was out of season, and I would never ever serve something that was frozen! I'm sure that the culinary staff at the couples resorts feel the same way. I too am a fan of lobster, and indeed I will miss it in April but enjoy all the other FRESH seafood and options that we will encounter during our stay.
    84 days and a wakeup!!!!
    What resort will you be at?? We will be at CN on April 12!! Cant wait!!