Default CSA Beach Umbrellas/Sun Protection

My hubby and I just booked our first trip to Couples (and to the Caribbean) for early March! We are staying at CSA and are so excited. I have been scanning the message boards just to learn what I can...and to daydream during this chilly winter weather. The only thing I have been curious about, but unable to find information on, is whether or not there are beach umbrellas or some sort of sun shade at CSA. We want to sit on the beach and read, get hot, take a dip in the ocean and then sit around some more while having our drinks refilled! I saw something in passing on one board that said people stake out covered beach areas early in the morning to reserve them. I'm not interested in doing this because it seems silly to me to reserve something for the whole day when I won't use it until noon or so. So what are my options if I don't want to fry in the sun? If there are vendors from which I can buy an umbrella then I am perfectly willing to haul this back and forth and sit wherever I want. Thanks for any feedback!
    Last edited by vbean; January 18th, 2013 at 02:43 PM.

I have never gotten up early enough for a palapa, I come for the sun anyway!. There is lots of shade from palm trees and have never had a problem finding shade. They do have these fabric sun shades scattered around but I haven't tried those. No umbrellas allowed sorry. You should be fine, have a great trip!

There are many places on the beach that can offer shade via the plants and/or trees, some offer more sun shade than others.

The covered huts are hunted out early morning (4am) and people throw a book or towels down. This in itself isn't overly annoying as long as they actually USE them. The really annoying part was when you would not see those people on the beach until 12pm or later. They would then disappear for a long while just to return.

We met a couple that did reserve it in that manner and were nice to let us join them. You bet your butt we were on the beach by 9am and were there the WHOLE day.

No real solution to the problem as it has been discussed at length...

Hi there - there are some palapas which are what people are staking out in the early AM. You can also position your chair under some of the trees but no umbrellas on the beach. There are however, umbrellas at the pool areas. Hubby and I usually spend the first half of the day on the beach and try to move to the pool by the swim up bar in the afternoon and I put up the umbrella. My other trick is to head back to the room once I've had enough sun for the day and hang out on the patio/balcony and read a book. To me, this is absolute bliss to sit and relax and listen to the trees and water and even people around the resort.

There are the palapas, that people steal each day. And there a lot of palm trees that line the beach and so there is shade all day. I think they have also put up some shade canopy's. You are going to love CSA. If you have any other questions, just let me know. I'm addicted to CSA and these message boards. We go back for our 3rd time this October. Yay!

Congratulations on picking CSA! I've been to a beach on Grand Cayman that allowed beach umbrellas. What a pain in the butt. First off, unless you're in the front row, your view of the ocean is completely blocked. Randymon has stated on this board that beach umbrellas will not be permitted on the beach. Having said that, there is PLENTY of shade on the beach at CSA. Besides the palapas (which do get reserved early), there are lots of palm trees (they plant more every year) and shade sails. You will not have a problem finding shade on the beach. There are umbrellas located in the pool areas if you want to retreat to those areas and relax. All of the pools (including the lap pool in the sports complex) have plenty of umbrellas for shade.