Hybrid View

Default Two Different Airlines

Tried to post this last week but haven't seen it...

We are traveling back to CSA in July for trip #3 from Orlando. We usually fly Jet Blue. However, fares at this point are out of sight! We are thinking of flying Air Tran from Orlando to Jamaica ( less expensive and arriving earlier. ) Then using Jet Blue to fly from Jamaica back to Orlando. This flight leaves later in the day!
    When I priced a one way ticket I received a message stating that upon arrival in Jamaica I would need proof of a return ticket to the States. Has anyone used 2 different carriers and were there any inconveniences or complications? Any advice or recommendations are appreciated! Thanks!
    Ginny

Default Two Different Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by ginjoe View Post
    Tried to post this last week but haven't seen it...

We are traveling back to CSA in July for trip #3 from Orlando. We usually fly Jet Blue. However, fares at this point are out of sight! We are thinking of flying Air Tran from Orlando to Jamaica ( less expensive and arriving earlier. ) Then using Jet Blue to fly from Jamaica back to Orlando. This flight leaves later in the day!
    When I priced a one way ticket I received a message stating that upon arrival in Jamaica I would need proof of a return ticket to the States. Has anyone used 2 different carriers and were there any inconveniences or complications? Any advice or recommendations are appreciated! Thanks!
    Ginny
    I would like to hear about this also. Might be doing this in Oct.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

We have used 2 different airlines a few times and we were never questioned about it at all.

No broblem mon! We did the same 2 years ago, flying with JetBlue to MBJ from Orlando and back on American because of the flight times. As long as you have a scheduled return flight for the return, there is no problem! If I remeber correctly I think they questioned us at customs about our return flight and once answered, we were on our way!

Ginny we have done this before using Airtran and Jetblue. When we checked in at Orlando Airport with Airtran, all they asked was did we have a return ticket we told them yes on Jetblue. They didn't ask us to show proof of the return ticket--if they had--I would have just shown them our return ticket itinerary.

Hope this helps!

Our last trip which was 2011 we did this. Flew AA down and Spirit back. No problems. Except won't fly Spirit again.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Have just checked Jet Blue and round trip from Orlando for both of us is over $1000!!! Yikes ! while AirTran is $1100!!What's going on???? I've been checking twice a day hoping to see a change but the only change I see is higher prices. Crazy... and our dates aren't a holiday or peak week.

Did ths last year - aa down - jetblue back. Never any problems/questions at all! Have fun!

We have done it quite a few times.