Hybrid View

Default I Need a Volunteer at CTI

Hello everyone,

Last month we conducted a survey of those that have been going to COR/CTI from before the renovations. Specifically, the survey was of those guests that remember times before the move of the beach grill and the change in Jerk recipe. The results can be found on that thread.

Mr. Henry and myself are in need of another volunteer. If you are a long-time guest of COR/CTI someone who could at least say they knew the Lions and the stream paths through the birdís garden or prior times at TI. Someone who can still remember the original Jerk recipes tastes and you are returning to CTI before July 2013. We need you as a volunteer to help us "fix the Jerk".

Please reply back to this post.

Thank you,
    Mark
    Mark & Sylvia

Hey Mark,

I haven't been there before but when I go there in April I will be doing plenty of Jerk testing! Perhaps a thread titled CTI Jerk Chicken Status Updates is in order where we can all start posting what we had, either a BBQ version or a spicy jerk version?

Chrisandlesley,

Thank you, that is a great idea. I'll create a new post for "Food Shoot Outs" and look for the updates.

Have a great time in April. I am sure no matter what, you will enjoy all of the food and especially the jerk. CTI is one of the best places to be with the one you love. Mr. Henry is trying to bring back the original reciepes that everyone loved so much from the past, spicy and the not-so-spicy.

Enjoy,
    Mark
    Mark & Sylvia

Mark,

Again thank you for the effort! This is our first trip to CTI, so we do not have past history at the resort. That being said, I've eaten plenty of Jamaican Jerk in the past and we would be happy to eat/taste test any and all spicy jerk being tested. We will be at CTI 02/05/13 - 02/12/13 (16 wake ups to go)!

Thank you,
    Mike & Rita

The person you are describing in your post is Crabracer Ritchie.

Hi Mark

We were there as far back as 1980 with the lions (even have the tattoo) and unfortunately we will not be there until September 5th! If you able to wait until then, my husband would be more than glad to volunteer!

Best of luck in your endeavor!

We are long-time repeaters, and would love to assist. However, we won't be there until July.

Okay...if we have to! We arrive on 4/8 with a group of 10 long time repeaters. We escaped to Scotchies for some real "jerk" and would be more than happy to help CTI find their way again.

Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Okay...if we have to! We arrive on 4/8 with a group of 10 long time repeaters. We escaped to Scotchies for some real "jerk" and would be more than happy to help CTI find their way again.

Sharon

Sharon, it sounds like you remember the old jerk from the beach grill and will be there in April. If you would like, could you email me your contact info so that I may give it to Mr. Henry to arrange a meeting to go over bringing back the original recipe while your there. The original need was for one or two however all will be helped by your work.

bowmanswell@comcast.net
    Mark & Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by Jim & Darcy View Post
    We are long-time repeaters, and would love to assist. However, we won't be there until July.
    Jim & Darcy, as you know we will both be there in July 10-20 and 12-21 per CTI meetup board. Would the 13th work for you?

Let me know your contact info and dates of availability. at bowmanswell@comcast.net

Thank you.
    Last edited by bowmanswell; January 23rd, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Mark & Sylvia

Thank you everyone for your willingness to help.

HunterMN: as Mr. Henry is trying to bring back the old original recipes it would be very hard for you to compare the fixed jerk to the old jerk by memory. However, since you are the one closest to arriving could you report back on this thread on what you think of the "fixed jerk" at the pool grill as of February?

JimPat1: I would love to hear from Crabracer but they may not be returning in the next 2-4 months.

We <3 Couples: The Jerk will be fixed and taste tested before September. So you'll get to enjoy the original jerk when you arrive.

Jim & Darcy: you will be there the same time I'll be there. If we can't find someone to volunteer before the both of us arrive then we could both work with Mr. Henry on the "fixed jerk" to bring it back to the original recipe. Two are better than one.

I'll keep the request open for another couple of days. If we don't get a long-time repeater arriving before either Jim & Darcy and Bowmanswell, we'll go with two at the same time.

Mark
    Mark & Sylvia

I have the old recipe if you want it. I've made if on several occasions and it tastes exactly as it did from the old beach grill.

We've been gong to COR since the mid 90's but won't be back until Thanksgiving week.

Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by SurfCat View Post
    I have the old recipe if you want it. I've made if on several occasions and it tastes exactly as it did from the old beach grill.

We've been gong to COR since the mid 90's but won't be back until Thanksgiving week.

Harvey

Harvey, that would be great. Could you email the reciepe to me at bowmanswell@comcast.net

Thank you.
    Mark & Sylvia

Lots of wonderful memories since 1982 ( our first visit )...lots of the old gifts too.. ! I still wear my solid gold Couples Lion Charm...recognized by all original guests. ALso have large Lion Poster, framed proudly in our bedroom for the past 30 years!

Sorry Mr. Henry...no original jerk recipe though...! Oh I have an idea ...ask Pierre Battaglia...was the chef at Tower Isle back then!!!
    Good Luck.... C & R

Just sent it to you. Its from 2002, and although its a pain to make, it'll put you right back at the beach bar on the first bite.

SurfCat

Thank you, I recieved the email. I have not heard from the other volunteers yet so hopfully we can have the jerk fixed before July.
    Mark & Sylvia

Hey Mark,

Check your email........

Jim & Darcy

Hey Mark,

Promise to email you tomorrow. Been very busy.

Sharon