Hybrid View

Default upgrades to bathrooms at CN

At Christmas we heard that one of the bathrooms in bldg 2 has been renovated. Has anyone seen it and do you have any pictures to post? I think they are shower only with zero entry, like those at CTI.

We stayed in building #2 from 1/15 thru 1/25/13 and the bathrooms have not been upgraded. They are still the same with the bathtub and shower head. Overall the rooms are still nice though, and we have a blast as always.

Terry & Ashley

Thanks for the reply, but actually only one of the bathrooms in block 2 had been renovated when we were there over Christmas. It was still occupied so we didn't get a chance to see it.

We haven't heard of renovations but years ago we were given a "courtesy late checkout" room to shower in that was in block 2 (#2107), after we'd vacated our original room. This was before they had built the shower facility near Lychee.

It was a wheelchair accessible room and had no bathtub; only a shower with no/very small curb. (and a much smaller bathroom counter to provide room for wheelchair maneuvering). I suppose that might look similar to a "zero entry" shower.

Side note - people occasionally post that, except for the suites, all rooms at CN are exactly the same. Besides the mirror-image layouts, this is not, strictly speaking, true.

Spoke to GM Ricardo at the returner's party last night....bathroom upgrades are definitely on the agenda.

He also mentioned the installation of a "veggie station".

Newly installed (since July 2012)"Tiki Torches" now illuminate the boardwalk along the Heliconia restaurant. A nice touch IMO.

Hey Captain,

Do you know when they are planning to do the bathroom renovations? Just curious as we are travelling to CN in August 2013. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by tax View Post
    Hey Captain,

Do you know when they are planning to do the bathroom renovations? Just curious as we are travelling to CN in August 2013. Thanks for the info!
    Hello Tax...not sure but it seems that it is a high priority.
    I will be returning June 30 for our 3rd annual Red..White...Blue..July 4th celebration and can provide updates at that time.

Hello Tax..
    Not sure but believe it is preety high on priority list. I will be there June 30 for 3rd annual Red..White..Blue..July 4th celebration.

Will pass along any updates at that time.

Talked to the GM in april -- they are going start on the upgrade of the bathrooms starting sometime this summer. Taking out the Tub and replacing with a large shower.