Default Has anyone ever used the travel insurance provided?

Has anyone ever had to take advantage of the travel insurance and cancel their trip do to weather? Do you get 100% back? Was it easy to reschedule a few weeks later?

Does anyone ever prefer a different insurance than the one provided on the couples website? They don't seem to give to much info on it.

I have but not for my JA trip.

We went out to Colorado skiing and my son broke his arm- insurance paid for all expenses my primary insurance company did not.

Last year my FIL had a massive heart attack 2 weeks before departure - he was my babysitter. We (including my MIL) decided there was nothing we could do if we cancelled so I scraped up another babysitter and we went. My husband was nervous the whole time so I wish we would have re-scheduled. Great news is my FIL hd a full recovery from complete cardiac arrest and is now golfing 3x per week. We are returning to JA in December and did purchase the travel insurance again.

Another thing to think about is IF you were injured and needed transport out of JA travel insurance covers that. It also covers body transport if you should do something stupid and die.

Buy it and accept it as "insurance" just in case the worst were to happen.

The travel insurance you can get from Orbitz specifically excludes hurricanes. The insurance that the couples website offers says you are covered for any reason, but at the same time there is no where to click and see the fine print like you can on orbitz. I was just hoping someone could comment on weather impacts?

Buy it, especially if you're going during hurricane season.

we have bought it on our last 2 trips and we just booked again for next oct. we buy it, because we're going at the tail end of hurricane season. also, life just happens and you want to be covered. when you're already shelling out $3000+ to go, we feel an extra $150 is nothing for peace of mind.

Here's the link to Couples policy. There's a lot of information provided.

http://couples.com/11TravelInsuranceOffer.htm

And we haven't had to use it for the weather, but last year the prices dropped during a special and we were able to cancel and rebook at the better price because of having the insurance.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

My wife and I used it for our last trip back in 2007. We bought it through our travel agent. It was an "any reason" plan. It was back when a huge hurricane came through, forget the name. We had already flown from Boston to Atlanta for a few days before we heard about the hurricane.

Couples had not officially closed down, but it was bad. We chose to cash in on the insurance and got a full refund for the trip. Delta let us change our flight at no charge because they weren't flying into Jamaica during that time. We went to Vegas instead.

Eventhough the island was still operating, we just couldn't bare asking the people of Jamaica to serve us while they were dealing with lost homes and family members.

It was a fairly painless process, we got our money back about two weeks later, which certainly helped since it was about the time the Vegas charges had to be paid off.

Hope the info helps.

We always get the travel insurance, we have only used it once in 28 trips, my wife got ill as CSA, she went to the doctor, with pills and all, the bill was $150, we turned it into the insurance company and they paid it, so it is worthwhile having, just in case, because you never know what is going to happen.

We used the trip insurance offered by Couples. We cancelled a trip to CSS last November due to a poor weather forecast. It was a last minute cancellation, so we only were able to get vouchers for the cost toward a future stay at any Couples resort. We are using the vouchers for a November stay at CSA. It took some time to get the vouchers, but I have no complaints.