Hybrid View

Default "Fluffy" people welcomed on the Island?

Greetings all!

We're headed to CTI the second week in February. We're looking forward to taking part in everything, including some sunbathing as God intended.

Here's my concern...We're not exactly skinnie minnies. On top of that, I've got a stem to stern scar that I'm a little self conscious of. Honestly, is it filled with beach babes or are there "real" men and women? Don't want to go out there if it will leave me looking for a moo moo for the rest of my stay.

Thanks so much!

Everyone is welcomed on the island. When we are all naked, no one cares. About anything. All sizes, shapes, bruised and more. A number of years ago, I had been talking with a woman who had a partial mastectomy, and she was very concerned about the same things you are concerned about. I convinced her to join us and she had the best time ever. And a number of women wanted to talk with her about it. They shared some information and the woman told me later that she was very glad that she came out.

Don't worry mon, it's Jamaica.

In my experience there is a healthy mix of young and old, tanned and pale, skinny and "fluffy", gym types and couch sitters, folks that want to chat and make friends and folks that prefer to read their books/nap/sunbathe.

I don't mean to make light of your concern about your scar, but I know there was a thread a while back from a woman who had had a mastectomy. I think you will find, as she did, that the folks on the island are nice and accepting, that you can feel comfortable there but also choose how much you want to interact with others--if at all.

I have a scar, I'm probably the whitest girl on the island (and I stay that way--lots of sunscreen!) and on the furry side. My hubs has a cute belly he wishes he could get rid of. We're not as young as we used to be! Neither of us are winning any nude awards but we feel comfortable and welcome on the island. Sometimes we just read and sun, sometimes we chat with other couples, sometimes folks play games or listen to music. I think you'll find that the general vibe is come-as-you-are, do-as-you-please!

Honestly, I am more self conscious in my bathing suit, that theoretically "hides" most things! :-)

Give it a try, I bet you will be glad you did. Will you be there in March, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by ncindasun View Post
    Greetings all!

We're headed to CTI the second week in February. We're looking forward to taking part in everything, including some sunbathing as God intended.

Here's my concern...We're not exactly skinnie minnies. On top of that, I've got a stem to stern scar that I'm a little self conscious of. Honestly, is it filled with beach babes or are there "real" men and women? Don't want to go out there if it will leave me looking for a moo moo for the rest of my stay.

Thanks so much!

Don't sweat it...it is a funny thing about clothing-optional/nude beaches in general - the crowd tends to be 35-and-up and you will see all sizes and shapes there...younger hard bodies tend to stay on the clothed beaches. I guess it just take most people a while to get comfortable in their skin (and some people never do). This applies to nude/CO beaches in general - not just Couples Resorts.

Enjoy the experience and don't give it a second thought.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

As Crabracer said, EVERYONE is welcome out on the Isle.

My wife and I gave AN a try for our first time when we went to CTI in 2011, and we saw a little of everything...
    A young just married couple in good shape.
    An older "grandparent'ish" couple
    And my wife and I (she's also a "fluffy" girl, and I'm starting to develop an overhang in the belt area...)

No one is going to comment or care. You'll be a little (or a lot) nervous (unless you've done AN before) going out and getting settled, but after a little bit you won't even notice the lack of clothes.

Read the (OK, it's a long topic, skim the) "Feedback after your vacation" topic (OK, and I'm going to toot my own posting in that topic!).

Trust me, you'll be glad you went out!
    Jason
    CTI in 126 days!

I am fluffy as is my husband. All are welcome on the island. Tall, short, "skinny," it doesn't matter as long as you are respectful!