Default Swept Away Internet / Skype or FaceTime?

I'm coming to couples Swept Away in about a week. I was wondering if any guests have used the Internet services at the resort. I was hoping to be able to Skype back home and talk with my kids. Has anyone used Skype or FaceTime during their stay at Couples Swept Away?

Yes, to both. Prior to our first visit, I obtained a freed Google Voice number and downloaded an app to my iPhone. Once at the resort, I powered up my phone in Airplane mode, turned wifi on and was able to communicate ( if I HAD to) back to the states for free.
    Recently Apple's Facetime and iMessage has almost rendered the need to a Google voice account unnecessary, but there are still those without Apple products.
    Enjoy your trip!

Will FaceTime on my iPad work at CN with no other apps or phone number necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Yes, to both. Prior to our first visit, I obtained a freed Google Voice number and downloaded an app to my iPhone. Once at the resort, I powered up my phone in Airplane mode, turned wifi on and was able to communicate ( if I HAD to) back to the states for free.
    Recently Apple's Facetime and iMessage has almost rendered the need to a Google voice account unnecessary, but there are still those without Apple products.
    Enjoy your trip!
    Is the imessage free? I called Verizon and they had told me any outgoing texts would be 50 cents eaxh and incoming will be 5 cents each. I was having my kids download the KIK app so we could text but if texting iphone to iphone is free thats even better. Thank you.

iMessages always try to go over wifi prior to your cellular provider so if connected to wifi would be free.