Default Floyds Pelican Bar

Has anybody done an excursion to Floyd's? Is this a worthwhile excursion? Any tips on arranging transportation?

Scandi We are going in a couple weeks... we ended up booking through Big Ship tours & transportation after some research.. Also to YS Falls & Black River Safari included for $100 usd each with lunch too. I can let you know how it was if your not there before us It looks like it will be a blast!

Pelican Bar is truly a unique experience but probably not for everyone. If you have an adventurous streak, definitely. It's rustic with a capital R. I'd recommend hiring a private driver - one or two run a weekly tour out there which would help keep your cost down. I'd be happy to pass along a recommendation if you'd like. Just drop me a message.
    Enjoy your trip!

Thanks TRM and Wedge. We will be at CSA in mid May. Would love to hear all about your excursion to Floyds. I'm pretty sure this is something we want to do. Looks like a true one of a kind adventure

We go every year, and have been 3 times. We spend the whole day out there. Email me at mandolin-dot-Jeff-at-gmail-dot-com if you want to know about drivers and such.

Until then, enjoy this album of our last trip in December.

How long is the boat ride? Wife prone to seasickness.

Thanks Spiff542. Great pics! I will most def email you for details. Looks like a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Alamere View Post
    15 min...

Quote Originally Posted by Alamere View Post
    It depends on where you pick up a boat. Some drivers take you into the actual villiage of Black River for a boat. From there you are looking at 20 - 30 minutes. Our driver, Joe Cool, took us further up the coast, closer to the Pelican Bar. It only took about 10 minutes from there. It was cheaper too; US$10 per person. I guess it depends on where the driver's freinds launch.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We just got back from CN yesterday, and did an excrusion to Black River Falls and the Pellican Bar. I would highly recomend it. We actually got to meet Floyd which was a plus. The boat ride is about 15 minutes out, depending on where you took it from. Just as a note, the excrusion does take almost a full day due to the travel time from Negril to the Pellican bar.

Ashley & Terry