Just returned from our first visit to CN yesterday. A few honest thoughts. By the way, last year we experienced Tower Isle and loved it.

Overall Couples Negril was just fantastic. The service, people, layout of the resort, housekeeping, ect. There were however two things that struck both my wife and I. We never eat as well as we do at Couples (we get spoiled rotten), however as great as Negril was in the food area, we really felt from the 2nd day that Tower Isle's daily selection (especially breakfast) was by far more diverse. At Tower you'd never know what would be at the buffet. At Negril, for the most part, each station on the line had pretty much what was there the day before.

Secondly (and this struck each of us just as strongly) was the staff at Negril, while unbelievably friendly, were simply not as happy as the staff at Tower Isle. We all know when someone is happy. We also know when someone is polite but just not as interested. I have explained it the best I can. It was a very palitable difference that we both in seperate ways felt.

We are common Mid-western working people so we are not jetting around the world at fancy resorts. Even with those these two things stood out in our trip, we would still choose Couples over any resort due to what they do and how they do it. However, everything felt more genuine at Tower Isle.

We are repeators now and will continue to be on vacations. Maybe the new Barbados or Tower or Sans Souci.