Hybrid View

Default CSA Activities Question

My girlfriend and I will be going to CSA for the first time in March. She is really excited about the catamaran cruises offered.

Are you allowed to take the catamaran cruise more than once if it's not booked?

From what I have read, it seems you can definitely go snorkeling and diving (if certified) more than once, but I'm not sure about the catamaran cruises. What about water skiing and glass bottom boat? Can you do those more than once?

Also, I have read some recent posts and reviews from people saying they were unable to go on a catamaran (the entire trip) because it was booked all week. Is that realistic, or do you think the people waited until the last minute to book? That would be a huge disappointment if we tried to book it when we arrive, and its not available all week!

(Luckily there are still tons of other stuff to do, but we really want that Catamaran Cruise!)

Thanks for the help!

You can go on the catamaran more than once. We usually go 2X during our stay and have never had a problem getting on. The second time we usually wait until that day to book to see if there's still room. There's always been room.
    Snorkeling...my husband goes everyday. It's his thing. Usually he's on standby and takes the space of someone who didn't show up. He just walks down at the snorkel time and waits and only once in 6 or trips has he not gotten on. No idea on the waterskiing or glass bottom boat.

I believe the catamaran trip is booked the day before so make sure you do that. Like mentioned by Ivgal you can always show up and hope there is space for any excursion trips. Usually someone does not show but make reservations first and avoid the risk.

We've never had a problem getting on the cat cruise but we always made sure to book it a day or two in advance. When you get to the resort and get settled, think about the things you want to do while there, such as the cat cruise, day excursions, what nights you might want to do Lemongrass or Feathers (they require reservations).Then take a walk to the concierge desk and let them know what you want to do and they can help you schedule the cat cruise, trading places and dinner reservations.

The way we do it, is the night we have a dinner reservation is not an afternoon we do the cat cruise. Usually after that, we are just in super relax mode and don't want to be bothered to either dress for dinner (we eat at the beach grill) or want to be tied down to a time we "have" to be dinner so sometimes we'll get cleaned up and hit Palms or Patois.

Right after you check in, go to the concierge desk and ask to be put on the first catamaran cruise. You can also make your first dinner reservation. Doing it then just gets one thing done right away that you don't have to worry about anymore.

Water skiing, hobie cats, etc you can do as long as the weather permits and there is equipment available. For snorkeling.....go in the morning to sign up for the next day. You can do this every day if you want. As far as doing the catamaran more than once, just check every day to see if there are any openings.

You are going to love CSA. Have a blast!