Default Where on the map are the garden deluxe rooms??? (CN)

Hi I booked a Garden Deluxe room at CN and it is not listed on the "Map & 360 view", just the garden suite is. Can someone pinpoint it out to me? (what it's near, and if it's on the left or right hand side of the map)...Also for anyone whos stayed there what floor level they prefer? Thanks

I think the deluxe rooms are supposed to be buildings 6 - 9, but I could be wrong. We stayed on the third floor in building 9 last year and really liked it. Being on the third floor has better views, but you have to climb the stairs every time you need to go to your room. The main floor might be good too. Easy access to the beach! We're going back in two weeks and are hoping to get a room on the other side. The views may be blocked by the greenery, but it looked pretty cool on that side. I think all buildings have their positive points.

Most of the rooms in Buildings 6 and 9 are beachfront rooms, and most of the rooms in Buildings 7 and 8 are ocean rooms. In our more than 15 trips to CN, we have stayed either in a beachfront room or beachfront suite, and in both categories, we have had rooms in Buildings 1, 5, 6, and 9.

While we've heard of people with garden rooms being placed in Buildings 1 and 5, most of the garden rooms are in Buildings 2, 3, and 4.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Pamela is correct.

There has been a recent change to the categories in building 5 (we were there last week). The beach side of building 5 is Deluxe Beachfronts while the other side is Deluxe Ocean. I believe building 1 is all Deluxe Garden except for the suites on the beach side which are Beachfront Suites.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

By the way, the buildings at Couples Negril are numbered as follows based on the Map view:

Extreme left is building 5. Then around the horseshoe to the right are buildings 4, 3, 2 and 1. On the other side of the pool are building 6 (closest to pool), then around the horseshoe are 7, 8 and 9 all the way on the right of the map.
    Last edited by Wally; January 29th, 2013 at 09:26 AM.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Thanks! I wish they had them on the map, I'm not sure which buildings are what... lol. (are they closer to the spa side of the resort??) Are they that far of a walk to the pool/beach?

If you look towards the Ocean, buildings 1 thru 5 will be on the right side of the resort, and buildings 6 thru 9 will be on the left. I am pretty certain 2 -3 -4 and possibly 7 are all considered garden depending on the floor. We were in building 4 in February of 2012, first floor room garden deluxe, and absolutely loved it. We had stayed in garden suites the 2 prior years. Unless you get a suite, the rooms are all the same. It is the location and view that changes the category of room. We will be back in October and will hope we can get in building 4 again.

Actually, the room locations on the map on the Couples web site are incorrect too.

The brown square marking the Deluxe Beachfront Room is actually on a Beachfront Suite.

The brown square marking the Deluxe Ocean Room is correct.

The brown square marking the Garden Suite is on the wrong side of the building and is not on the end of the building. All suites at CN are on the end of a building. It is shown in the location of a Deluxe Ocean Room.
    [

We always stay in the garden rooms. Most of the time we are in buildings 2,3,4. If you are standing on the beach, they are at the left. I liked first, second and third floor. Experience them all. We have now been so many times that we are happy with whatever we get. Believe me , it is all good.

Wow thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!! That helped me so much. Too bad they don"t change the map right Wally!?? I find it funny they even list the garden suite bathroom on the map but not the garden deluxe room LOL.. I requested when we booked for the "1st floor and closest to beach" so I wonder what building we'll get:-) PS has anyone ever had complimentary room upgrades??? I read on Sandals reviews that they do that a lot and I wasn't sure about the couples resort..

Wally's point about incorrect locations on the CN 360 view map (Couples Negril Map) can be applied to many of the markers.

Perhaps they should be viewed as marking the "general vicinity" of the photo location as many (e.g. Piano Bar, BeachGrill, etc.) are off by a bit, with Lychee probably being the most egregious error.

Agree with the suggestion that Garden Rooms are in Blocks 2, 3, and 4, and a portion of Block 1, (and possibly a portion of Block 5, although the information on Block 5 appears to change).

Quote Originally Posted by beach_bum View Post
    Wow thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!! That helped me so much. Too bad they don"t change the map right Wally!?? I find it funny they even list the garden suite bathroom on the map but not the garden deluxe room LOL.. I requested when we booked for the "1st floor and closest to beach" so I wonder what building we'll get:-) PS has anyone ever had complimentary room upgrades??? I read on Sandals reviews that they do that a lot and I wasn't sure about the couples resort..
    If you're curious what the inside of the Garden Deluxe looks like, it's exactly the same as the Ocean Deluxe and Beachfront Deluxe. All three categories are the same room, and to answer another question you had, yes, the Garden Deluxe are close to the spa.
    Last edited by dank120; January 30th, 2013 at 12:40 AM.