Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Garden Verandah Suites-CSA

Just booked for March 2010...WooHoo! for CSA. Does anyone have pictures they would be willing to share of these rooms/bathrooms?

Do these rooms have outlets in the bathrooms for curling irons/flat irons?

What floor do most of you prefer with these type rooms?

Can anyone tell me where most of these are located on the property? I saw the map but just wondering how many units there are of this type and how spread out they are on the property.

Thanks and the count down is on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie22 View Post
    Just booked for March 2010...WooHoo! for CSA. Does anyone have pictures they would be willing to share of these rooms/bathrooms? We stayed in an Ocean Verandah but the rooms are the same as the Garden rooms. I've attached some pics.

Do these rooms have outlets in the bathrooms for curling irons/flat irons? Yes, but just a piece of advice - embrace the beach hair! On our first trip I did my normal hair routine, which involved the curling iron and flat iron. Then the moment I stepped out of the room the humidity took over and that work was wasted.

What floor do most of you prefer with these type rooms? We were on the first floor and LOVED it! Some prefer the second or third though.

Can anyone tell me where most of these are located on the property? I saw the map but just wondering how many units there are of this type and how spread out they are on the property. All of the Verandah rooms are on the "new" side of the property, by the Great House. I've attached a map - the Garden Verandahs are Numbers 8, 9, 10 and 11. If the map is too small, I'd be happy to email it to you (amy.welch@hotmail.com)

Thanks and the count down is on!!!

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Amy; August 5th, 2009 at 09:39 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Amy,
    Thanks so much for all the information/pictures...Really appreciate it. If you have any other pictures or advice on CSA, please feel free to pass it along.

Natalie22 - I'd be happy to share our CSA pics (amy.welch@hotmail.com). We loved it!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Hey Im going to CSA also March 2010!!!!!Ill be getting married, we are staying in the BFVS, would love pics also!!

We stayed in the Garden Verandah Suite last November. We were on the first floor and had a great view but did not like the first floor for privacy issues. Many others like the first floor. Our room was not an outside room so we did not have the shutters above our bed but instead the 'cat eyes' mirrors. We loved the category so much that we are staying there again this November. I will post pictures as well.

The bottom photo is the view from our room.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Great pics!!
    -Otter,

Kttchwaugh, what building/room were you in? Was it to the right of the hot tub? Thanks for your help. Margi

We were in room 3102. It is the first GVS building when coming from the old side of the resort. The view picture was slightly zoomed but we were near the jacuzzi.

kttchwaugh:
    What do you mean it was not an outside room? Do you mean at the corner of the building on the end?
    Thanks!

kttchwaugh:
    Do you also have any pictures of the bathroom for the GVS? If so, would you please share these photos as well?!
    Thanks

I didn't take any pictures of the bathroom. It was very basic. White tile everything. It was clean and pretty good sized. That was really all that I cared about. If you look at pictures on the website they are truly very accurate as to what everything looks like.
    Oh, and corner or outside are the same Each building has 4 rooms per floor, 2 outside with the shutters, 2 inside with the mirrors.

We're also staying in the gvs... which would you recommend - the outside or inside rooms? Also- which is the best? We're thinking second floor for more privacy Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?? We're excited!!

Corner rooms give you more natural light. The wall behind the bed is shutters you can open or close. Also, the verandah is open on two sides, not just in front like the middle rooms. We loved our third floor corner room. Very private and great views.

We have only stayed the one time so we haven't had an outside room, but I would love to stay in one just because I love the look of the shutters. Being on the inside was just fine though too.
    As far as which floor, I would highly recommend a second or third floor. I requested a third floor for our trip this year. I did not like the first floor because I felt uncomfortable at night or in the morning with the curtains open and I hated feeling closed up. We were never in our room other than when we were showering or going to bed so it was not a huge deal, but certainly my preference is not the first floor. Others, however, like the first floor. You can walk directly off your verandah(cannot lock or unlock the doors from the outside though). Those who order the continental breakfast can have it delivered directly to their verandah. You just have to know what it is that is more important to you.

Default Daughters Honeymoon

[Hi My daughter is thinking of booking her honeymoon Sans Souci, they have been offered a veranda suite the one in the picture on the web look nothing like the ones you are showing so please advise, Also do you think they will have a good time they have looked at sandials also and can't make up their minds.

Thanks Stalos

stayed in garden verandah suite ,two years in a row,have booked for april 2010,easy to get around,not far from beach and food,only have been in second floor,liked it alot..caribbean soul

Quote Originally Posted by stalos View Post
    [Hi My daughter is thinking of booking her honeymoon Sans Souci, they have been offered a veranda suite the one in the picture on the web look nothing like the ones you are showing so please advise, Also do you think they will have a good time they have looked at sandials also and can't make up their minds.

Thanks Stalos
    The above pictures are Couples Swept Away not Sans Souci. I think Sans Souci has absolutely the BEST rooms of all the Couples resorts. Tell your daughter to get a ocean balcony suite. Not much more than a verandah and a absolutely gorges two room suite with a huge balcony with fantastic views.

We stayed garden verandah 4305 at CSA and if you don't mind the steps the third floor has a great view. You can even see the ocean a little from some buildings.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Stalos,
    My pictures are from Couples Swept Away in Negril, not San Souci. I am not sure what the rooms at San Souci are like as I have not been there. I would not want to confuse you or your daughter with what she should expect from her room.

Hi Stalos, the pics from above are from Swept Away, not Sans Souci.Don't go to the "s" resort, Couples is soooo much better!

can you call ahead to get the room you want?? or do you need to do that when you arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by lovin'lagers View Post
    can you call ahead to get the room you want?? or do you need to do that when you arrive?
    The only thing you can reserve in advance is the room type. When you check-in, you can request a specific number, location or floor and if it's available, they will accomodate your request.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Shari and James. What building were you in? Do you remember? Thanks, margi

Thank you for all of your help!!

One more question ...

We would like to have a 2nd or 3rd floor GVS. What room would you all recommend? I've heard some of the rooms are next to a busy road? If this is the case, it could be difficult- I'm a very light sleeper. So- GVS 2-3 floor and a corner room. Suggestions?? THANKS in advance!!

Rob and Kristine

Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    Shari and James. What building were you in? Do you remember? Thanks, margi
    At CSA we were in room 4305 that was the building right next door to the Great House where Patios Patio, Feathers, etc. are. I would request to be more towards the middle of the resort next time for ease of navigation as the two main dinning/entertainment complexes are at opposit ends of the resort. Found we spent most evenings at the Great House because it was so near our room. If we had been more in the middle I think we would have spent a little more time at the Palms complex in the evening. Here's the view from the balcony of #4305
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast