Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SSB Wish List

Default SSB Wish List

1) New hot tub. If Couples can afford to purchase a new property in Barbados and one of the upgrades is a new pool and jacuzzi, then I would think they could give SSB a new full size tiled jacuzzi. They've owned this property for several years now and this would be a huge improvement.

2) Sand volleyball court. Not just a net placed somewhere, but a permanent area. Like what they have on the textile side. This could be popular. Not sure where it might fit, but maybe something could be worked out.

3) Sign at the entrance of SSB showing the AN hours. There seems to be some confusion about the hours. The FAQ states: April August: Au Natural Sunbathing 9-6pm . Sunset Beach opens to all guests at 6pm
    September March: Au Natural Sunbathing 9-5pm. Sunset Beach opens to all guests at 5pm

Showing these hours at the entrance would clarify this.

New stanchions for pool volleyball.

Small towels available by the bar for you to sit on. Saw WAY to many people just parking their butt on the seat.

Replace the drain cover in the pool so it is flat not a half dome that is in the middle of the volleyball area. Sure you are not moving fast but I still tried to twist my ankle.

Totally agree with #1. Backyard hot tub as SSB is a joke. Long overdue!!!!

New Hot Tub!!! I agree 110 percent to that one.

As to the SSB hours. Only warn that you mayb encounter nude sunbathers---period. I have seen 3 or maybe 4 couples come over for the sunset while the many nudies were still having fun.

Sand Volleyball----no matter what kind of net-----I keep spilling my drink!!

I'm with ya for sure on #1, Paul !!

I've been saying this since Couples bought the property & I've been putting it on my comment card every year !! A hot tub like the one on CN's AN beach would be perfect. It's round & seats about 12 ppl or so w/o any inadvertent touching !! . We just got back from our 2nd CN visit a month ago & it really reminded us why CSS needs to get rid of SSB's backyard-style hot tub !!

CN's awesome AN hottub:

Name:  CN.AN.Hottub2.jpg
Views: 3768
Size:  25.3 KB

Jackie
    Last edited by JackieMRP; January 30th, 2013 at 08:02 AM. Reason: want to add a caption to the picture

I agree with Paul. New hot tub like CN - great. Beach volleyball net - awsome. New sign - OK.

Can I also add:

(4) light beer.
    (5) hamocks on the beach
    (6) kayaks on the SSB beach so we can do a little AN watersports.
    MAGMON
    * Please forgive any errors that you might find in the above post. All errors are a direct result of (1) too many drinks (2) the missing brain cells caused by years of abusing these above referenced drinks (3) the iniability to spell or write anything without the use of spell check or (4) the complete lack of knowledge of proper english grammer and sentence structure.

Please add following to SSB wishlist.....

SSB evening hours:
    After sunset SSB should revert back to "AN only" with same associated day rules so folks can enjoy the same privacy and comfort levels in the evening that are offered to them there during the day if they choose.

My point is...while there is nothing that prevents you from using the SSB facilities in the evening, why should those who want to use the only available AN facilities on the property in the evening not be allowed to enjoy them as well in the evening with same privacy and comfort levels?

SSB needs more umbrellas around the pool area and on the beach area - most of us don't need to fry for a long length of time.

The loungers with the umbrellas or palapas get snatched up so quickly (usually by 7:00 a.m.) that there is no shade for the rest of us. And those people tend to leave their stuff on that spot all day long whether they are there or not (that's another topic for discussion). And I really want my shade - even with suntan lotion, we still burn - plus it's just not that comfortable laying without shade for any length of time.

Okay - guess I've whined long enough. I want some shade!! Plus I want people to quit hogging the shade if they aren't using it!!

I agree with the more shade and better hot tub ideas! Why would they have a backyard style hot tub at a fairly high end resort like couples? That's just silly.

My S/O just agreed with the hot tub comments and thinks they need to do away with the "kiddie" side of the pool at SSB.

We were at repeaters dinner acouple Weeks ago and assistant GM was at table and new hot tub is being designed he said

Agree also re: hot tub comments. If the sun's baking down, we're never gonna go into that thing. Make it larger (like the one at the main beach) and put some shading up over it.

Actually, a more kick-ass water filtration system in the pool might be good, too. Everyone's constantly re-applying layer upon layer of sunscreen...by about 3:00pm, the pool can have a moderately nauseaing slick across it (particularly at the edges).

Still, it's home, and we love it!

For us it would be more loungers and umbrellas. We are not much of hot tub people in July, but it would be fun in the cooler months, rainy days and at night....!

Jeff and Susan
    CSS: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010,
    2011, 2012, 2013
    CTI: 2009
    CN: 2011

Personally, they should put the backyard hot tub back in the yard it came from, and take the kiddie section of the pool and turn it into a large conversation spa. No one uses that section of the pool other than walking into the deeper section.

I understand the new hot tub was to replace the old broken hot tub, and it is better then the old two person in-ground spa that was there, but a large conversation spa would be real nice!
    I can start working on the demo in 3 weeks

I would actually take that old, in ground hot tub (from the old GL days) over the style they have there now !!

Quote Originally Posted by NakedrunningHomer View Post
    Agree also re: hot tub comments. If the sun's baking down, we're never gonna go into that thing. Make it larger (like the one at the main beach) and put some shading up over it.

Actually, a more kick-ass water filtration system in the pool might be good, too. Everyone's constantly re-applying layer upon layer of sunscreen...by about 3:00pm, the pool can have a moderately nauseaing slick across it (particularly at the edges).

Still, it's home, and we love it!

I totally agree about the pool filter !! It's been pretty bad there for years; we've seen the water pretty cloudy at times because of this. We've heard several times.......a new part is on order.....or.....a new filter is on order........but we've never seen evidence of that. Soon come, mon !!

A nice bocce ball set or two (or three). I think they are there sporadically and usually brought by guests. CN has a box of beach game equipment, that would be great to have on SSB!

Hi Mike, I'd be happy to give you a hand with the demo. I'm sure we could use the tractor to haul away the trash. I just have to figure out how to pack my sledge hammer. A nice multi-layer tiled tub would be great! See you on the 27th. Have a good flight. Jerry and Brenda
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesue View Post
    Personally, they should put the backyard hot tub back in the yard it came from, and take the kiddie section of the pool and turn it into a large conversation spa. No one uses that section of the pool other than walking into the deeper section.

I understand the new hot tub was to replace the old broken hot tub, and it is better then the old two person in-ground spa that was there, but a large conversation spa would be real nice!
    I can start working on the demo in 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by cpanddp View Post

SSB evening hours:

My point is...while there is nothing that prevents you from using the SSB facilities in the evening, why should those who want to use the only available AN facilities on the property in the evening not be allowed to enjoy them as well in the evening with same privacy and comfort levels?
    We are currently here and have been able to use the AN facilities at night. Only people that have come over, were others looking to skinny dip under the stars. Security guard will turn on lights you need if you ask. If you're wanting to drink at night, most people bring supplies from their mini bars.
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

more activities on beach at ssb

I just wish it had been open when we were there last month! I know I need to let it go. Oh, well. Next year.

The number 1 wish we have is to have a small towel stand by the bar so that it would be handy for folks to grab a small towel to put on the seat. Currently folks must have an extra large beach towel, or take their towel off of there set-up (which most won't do), or sit on the stool bare-butt. Unfortunately, too many people chose the latter.

Request/wish: Small towels be available for sitting on the bar stools

Default New hot tub at SSB?

"We were at repeaters dinner a couple Weeks ago and assistant GM was at table and new hot tub is being designed he said"

Just wondering if anyone has an update to the message above (posted in April 2013). Are they designing and building a new hot tub at SSB? What is the time frame for completion?

Never mind! I have since read all the other posts about the new hot tub at SSB and the other improvements. Pictures look great!
    Last edited by jdubya; November 6th, 2013 at 10:21 AM.

jdubya check out the thread on this page called CSS-SSB The Finished product. Te remodel at SSB is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by jdubya View Post

"We were at repeaters dinner a couple Weeks ago and assistant GM was at table and new hot tub is being designed he said"

Just wondering if anyone has an update to the message above (posted in April 2013). Are they designing and building a new hot tub at SSB? What is the time frame for completion?
    Never mind... after reading more information on this message board, I found my answer. and saw pictures of the new hot tub. Looks great!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast