Default Zip Line Tour from CTI

Hello all! I did a search, but still wanted to post and ask what experience some of you had with the zip line tour? We will be at CTI in April and are getting our itinerary together. Thanks in advance!!
    -Annaleis & Neil (It should be 2cats2dogs)
    www.facebook.com/dapfpod
    www.darkangelsandprettyfreaks.com

We had a great time when we did it! There is a morning and afternoon tour (if you use Chukka). Hubby dives so we did the afternoon. We left right after lunch and were back before dinner. They pick you up at the resort, stop at CSS if anyone there has booked, then it's about a 15-20 minute ride to Chukka. Once there you will load another bus that takes you up into the mountains. A quick safety overview then you begin the first of 10 or 11 traverses. They will have pictures and video available for purchase at the end. A piece of advice? Don't book until you arrive. You won't know the daily and weekly activity schedule until you check-in so if you book now there is a chance you will miss something fun on property. We will be at CTI this year too on April 25. Hope this helps!

Do you mind if I ask who you took the tour with ?

Thanks so much for the info! We will wait to book till we are at CTI. I also like to check to see what days the cruise ships are docked and book on "off" days. Seems the tours are a little less crowded then...
    www.facebook.com/dapfpod

Chukka Tours runs the zipline and a bunch of other excursions. Well worth it! I've ziplined in Costa Rica and the Chukka zipline twice. Here are some photos from the Chukka experience:
    Name:  zip1.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  224.9 KB
    Name:  zip2.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  208.1 KB
    Name:  zip3.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  230.7 KB
    Name:  zip4.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  236.2 KB
    Name:  zip5.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  237.5 KB
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Chukka has a very good and safety minded zip line tour near Ocho Rios. Very heavy duty equipment and a short class on how to use it and be safe while using it. When we did it in 2009, they had 7 lines and we had a very good time. If we were to do it again, it would be with Chukka. I am afraid of heights, but didnít have any issues with them. They had I think 3 tour guides going with you (first, middle and last) and then two more guides on each platform, setting the brakes and making sure you get off okay. I just went last so I could see 20 people do each line before me with no problems and I was fine.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Chukka has a very good and safety minded zip line tour near Ocho Rios. Very heavy duty equipment and a short class on how to use it and be safe while using it. When we did it in 2009, they had 7 lines and we had a very good time. If we were to do it again, it would be with Chukka. I am afraid of heights, but didnít have any issues with them. They had I think 3 tour guides going with you (first, middle and last) and then two more guides on each platform, setting the brakes and making sure you get off okay. I just went last so I could see 20 people do each line before me with no problems and I was fine.
    Thanks . I'm also afraid of heights but I'm going to push myself to do this . Life is to short I've decided to let things like this hold me back . Time to get over it .

fawnridge thanks for sharing your pics .

Chukka Canopy Tour Safety Demonstration

Notice there are two cables and separate harness connections to each! Definately do it!!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Thank you all!
    www.facebook.com/dapfpod