Thread: Concierge Desk

Default Concierge Desk

Just out of curiosity, how late is someone at the concierge desk? I'd love to just book everything for the week when we arrive. We will probably get to the resort around 4pm on a Sat but would like to check in and get a little settled/unpacked first and then head over to concierge desk to make all of our reservations before heading over to dinner.

Is the concierge for dinner and outside excursion reservations only? Is there a separate place you need to book the water activities (snorkel, cruise, etc)? If so, what are those hours?

I'm interested in all 4 locations if possible (for future reference) but currently CSS for our trip in March and CN for our trip in Nov.

Thx!

There is no concierge per se.

All resorts have a Guest Relations Desk for booking dinners and included tours that need advanced booking, except water sports.

They have a Tour Desk for booking outside, non-included tours.

They have a water sports hut on the beach for booking all water sports.

Water sports usually closes around 4:30, while the Guest Relations Desk and Tour Desk stay open until 7:30 or so.

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

In addition to Wally's reply...

After checking in, your bags are taken to your room. While sipping your welcome home champagne it takes about 5 minutes to schedule the restaraunts (or in suite dining) and the boat tour. I would do these first before heading to your room. They don't start serving dinner until 6:30. If you are hungry on arrival I suggest grabbing a bite at the grill.

Reservations (at CSS) are required for dinner except for the grill. For Dunns River you just show up at the alloted time to get on the bus. Make sure you check out the activities schedule.

Most importantly, don't be afraid to ask. They are very helpful and want you to have no worries mon.
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

Thanks Wally.... looks like we will be able to book everything but the water sports stuff after we settle in. Will just have to hit that the next morning.

Loving the post. OK, so I know when we land in Jamaica, island time will hit us, and the beach will suck us in. But we are very much on-the-go people and want to enjoy all there is. I know I can't plan our actual itinerary, but we want to do Dunns River, snorkel, Cat cruise, possibly outside excursions, Margaritaville, shopping, etc. (We are staying at CTI). I would love to hear what itineraries you and others have created ahead of time, and also hear what actual itineraries people have done while there. Again, yes I know a lot will be sit on beach and/or AU, but I would love to hear active vacation stories.

You didn't say what resort you're visiting. At CN, you must book all boat tours at water sports, including the Cat Cruise.

I believe jandy are talking about CSS, although CSS doesn't offer a Cat Cruise. I didn't think you could book the Glass Bottom Boat from the Guest Relations desk at any of the Couples resorts.

I think you may be able to book the Cat Cruise from the Guest Relations desk at CTI, however.

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Just got back from CTI a couple weeks ago.. Definitely do Dunn's River and the Cat cruise! Check the schedules carefully, there are some days when they don't run. We didn't go to Marg'ville but heard from some folks that it can be a bit of a rough scene?

I wanted to know about all the resorts actually, but we are going to CSS in March. And then CN in November.

The website has an example of the social activities schedule. I suggest looking at it to get an idea of when things will be. Most people say to do the Dunns River Tour on a Sunday to avoid the cruise line tourists. I would schedule the things you need reservations for (snorkeling, cat cruise, oustide excusrions you can't live without) and then decide when you will have time for Dunns river and shopping. The schedule on the website has Margaritaville as a Monday night.

Try not to plan too much. You need a few days of unscheduled time. My itinerary is to get in what we can, but most of all, to relax and have no worries.

Link to when cruise liners port in Ocho Rios: Cruises To Ocho Rios, Jamaica | Ocho Rios Shore Excursions

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeangetaway View Post
    Loving the post. OK, so I know when we land in Jamaica, island time will hit us, and the beach will suck us in. But we are very much on-the-go people and want to enjoy all there is. I know I can't plan our actual itinerary, but we want to do Dunns River, snorkel, Cat cruise, possibly outside excursions, Margaritaville, shopping, etc. (We are staying at CTI). I would love to hear what itineraries you and others have created ahead of time, and also hear what actual itineraries people have done while there. Again, yes I know a lot will be sit on beach and/or AU, but I would love to hear active vacation stories.
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

caribbean getaway:

I like a mix of active and relaxation too-- and I'm a mege-planner so had a hard time NOT planning activities for each day before we got there. We stayed for 7 nights (at CTI) and managed to: go horseback riding (outside excursion), do Trading Places at San Souci for a day, play tennis, take the intro scuba class + dive, and go to Dunn's River. We took 1-2 days to relax, then booked our excursion for mid-week. The scuba class was a bit more difficult as you have to sign up for the class and there are limited spots. Then, if it's a red flag day, you'll have to wait to do your dive (this happened to us, pushing our dive back later in the week). We managed to flip our schedule by going to San Souci the day we planned to dive (since we found out early.. we just asked at Guest Relations if we could go for the day (day of) and they arranged a taxi since it wasn't M/W/F- "official" Trading Spaces days). In the end, we were easily able to fit in ~1 activity per day without a ton of planning but I would suggest not planning in advance since you can't control weather/open spots in classes/etc. Hope that helps!

Thanks for all the info. I'm happy just relaxing and doing an activity here and there. My hubby is the one that likes to stay occupied. He's not big on just laying on the beach all day! So I'm trying to plan somewhat of a schedule so there is something to do each day to make him happy but not cram too much in to make me happy!!!! Compromise.... As always. LOL

aphilly ~

Thanks a ton. That sounds like my ideal vaca right there! Was spending a day at CSS worth it? What did you do while there?