Default CSA Atrium Suites

I’m looking at the panorama view of the Atrium Suites from the map on the Couples website. Directly across from the bed is a wall of louvers that appear to open up into another room. What is in there? It looks like maybe common area with tile floors and large potted plants. I am looking at the yellow chair with the white cushion. The green bench on the balcony is to my left and the louvered wall is directly in front of me. What is behind there? That can’t be part of the suite we’re in can it? Is it a public atrium between the other room on that floor?

Am I correct to assume each Atrium Suite building has 2 floors with 2 rooms on each floor? Does anyone have some pictures they could post for me? I would love to see a floor plan of one of those buildings. Do all of the Atrium Suite buildings have the same layout?

Thanks!!!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Atrium Suites are 2 up and 2 down. There is an open space, filled with plants, in the center. The louvers you are looking at are the same on the other side. If you want privacy, just close them, as you are looking across the open space into the other room.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Wally - that is the common atrium for the building. It's open from ground to roof and all four rooms, and you can't get in there.. Yes, and you are right about the layout of the bldg: two levels with two rooms on each level. Yes, all Atriums have the same layout....the upstairs have vaulted ceilings, however, ground floor doesn't.

If you are talking about right under the a/c unit, it is the closet, next to closet is door into room, and behind the mirror is the bathroom. I am not sure if you can go into the atrium area or not, I would say not as if you did you would be right outside the ground floors room and thier windows, I could see that freaking a person out. The three Atriums we have stayed in they all had the same layout. And yes you are correct each building is two floors with two room on each floor.

You can't get into the atrium. If you have a ground floor room you will have a front door, or you can use the french doors to the patio to access the beach. We love the Atrium suites and will be staying in one in May, Can't wait!!
    P.S. there are big white "blinds" on the back patio that you can put down for privacy also. Have Fun!!

Thanks, everyone. Nice touch…if the other room has its louvers closed as in the picture. But if both rooms have their louvers open, you’d be watching each other in bed!!! Freaky!!!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

You should also know that your windows have no glass in them. You have screens for the bugs and those wooden louvers to open and close for privacy or air flow. This is a great feature to us as it lets the sounds of Jamaica come into your room. Ahhhhhhhhh...the slow rolling surf and those peeping tree frogs. Ya mon...paradise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Thanks, everyone. Nice touch…if the other room has its louvers closed as in the picture. But if both rooms have their louvers open, you’d be watching each other in bed!!! Freaky!!!

Also be aware there are a few Atrium suites that are located on the backside of the Premier Beachfront Suites. Technically they are not an "Atrium" , there is none. They don't look like what you see on the website, no hammock, no large porch but they are located right next to the beach so it just depends on how you look at things and what you want. Our first time in the Atiums last year and we were put into one of these. Wasn't necessarily a bad thing , just that when youv'e seen the hammock and large porch pics for the year leading up to going that's kinda what your expecting when you get there. We were a little thrown off at first but liked the location, didn't ask to be moved and enjoyed our stay very much.

CSA Aug. 2011, July 2012, July 2013, July 2014
    CSS Aug. 2011, Aug. 2014

Quote Originally Posted by nova13 View Post
    Also be aware there are a few Atrium suites that are located on the backside of the Premier Beachfront Suites. Technically they are not an "Atrium" , there is none. They don't look like what you see on the website, no hammock, no large porch but they are located right next to the beach so it just depends on how you look at things and what you want. Our first time in the Atiums last year and we were put into one of these. Wasn't necessarily a bad thing , just that when youv'e seen the hammock and large porch pics for the year leading up to going that's kinda what your expecting when you get there. We were a little thrown off at first but liked the location, didn't ask to be moved and enjoyed our stay very much.
    Good to know. My wife picked the category because of the hammock! She'll be heartbroken if she doesn't get one. And now, we've got a whole year to worry about it!
    [

Wally.... No need to worry about it. There is only a couple of rooms like this and MOST are like what you see in the pics. If you happen to get one of the rooms I am talking about and don't like it, go back to the front desk and asked to be moved to the type of room you are looking for. It's done all the time. A lot of repeaters have their favorite blocks, buildings, rooms, floors and request them on arrival to see if available.

Again, Don't worry about it. Easy fix. I was just putting an FYI out there so someone else wasn't thrown off at first like we were. We liked being right next to the beach so we didn't ask to be moved.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

CSA Aug. 2011, July 2012, July 2013, July 2014
    CSS Aug. 2011, Aug. 2014

No worry Wally, we got one of those as a Beach Front and just asked for a regular Beach Front and they moved us post haste.

We are booked for an atrium suite at CSA in May. I am wondering about the heat that time of year and if the atrium suites will be too warm since they do not have glass in the windows. Are they still air conditioned?

They are air conditioned but you may not need it. The first time we stayed at Couples was in May in an 2nd floor Atrium room. At night we opened all the shutters and the patio doors. The breeze was amazing and the sounds of the tree frogs were so relaxing!

Not to worry mon...there are ceiling fans and AC in every room at CSA. We leave our louvers open during the day for airflow and close them in the evening to put on the AC. It cools it down very well. You will love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandi View Post
    We are booked for an atrium suite at CSA in May. I am wondering about the heat that time of year and if the atrium suites will be too warm since they do not have glass in the windows. Are they still air conditioned?

Yes, they are still air conditioned. We were comfortable our entire stay.

Yep, they're air conditioned. We went in May also, sometimes we left the slats opened but if it got too hot we clolsed them and turned on the ac. It stayed cool enough, we're going back this may and staying in the AS again

Thanks for all the replies. We can't wait!!! 91 days until CSA!!!

Last year we got one of the few atrium rooms in the beachfront building. If the patio was like the regular atrium rooms I would have gladly stayed but I too like the hammock. We just explained we wanted a regular atrium and were given one right away. The front desk is so accommodating.

Which is better - upstairs or downstairs? How private are the downstairs patios? We want privacy but I also like the idea of walking right out of the patio to the garden/beach