Default Gabe & Mary Elizabeth - April 26, 2012, CSA, photos by Misha Earle

We chose the 11am time for our wedding and were hoping for blue skies and a blue ocean. We wanted 10am but it was already reserved by the time we booked. We hired Misha Earle as our photographer and she agreed to do pictures beginning at 10 so we could get the bluest sky and ocean as she said it's that way earliest in the day.
    I went to the salon at 9am and Colinette did my hair and makeup for either $90 or $100. My hair is very straight and she worked magic. It took her about 45 minutes and she suggested I see how I like the fresh white flowers in my hair. I liked it so they stayed. I then got dressed in the locker room at the spa and met up with the photographer at 10am. My fiance stayed in the room and got dressed during that time. Don't hesitate to use the salon (and ask for Colinette if she's still there). She did such an amazing job!
    10am comes around, we're both dressed, and it's about to start raining. No blue skies and no blue ocean. The one day during our entire trip that it was like this in the morning. We were a little disappointed, but our wonderful photographer Misha offered to take some photos now and come back another day when it was sunny to finish the pictures since we had our hearts set on that. No additional charge. Talk about a great photographer! Not to mention, she made us feel like we had known her for years.
    The wedding was perfect (and the rain held off during the ceremony so we could still get married on the beach). The pictures still turned out great even with the overcast skies. Misha came back a few days later and we took more pictures. We splurged and had Colinette do my hair and make up again for the additional pictures. She came in early just for me.
    Don't hesitate to use Misha Earle for photography. Cheaper than the resort (we met friends who used the resort photographer and we compared prices). We used Roxroy Gough for our video and love it too. Both took longer than they originally stated to get the pictures and video to us, but be patient because it's worth the wait. Being patient on this stuff is easier said than done though.
    Overall, perfect day and we wouldn't change a thing even if we could. It's so laid back and stress free. Alisha was the wedding coordinator and she took care of everything. We had a 30 minute meeting with her the day after we arrived and everything was planned during that time.
    Mary Elizabeth + Gabe

I'm having difficulty attaching pictures right now but the link above leads you to the slideshow of pictures Misha made for us.

Here's some more information....I'm trying to hit on the things that I had questions about before my wedding.
    We had a group of ten people attend with us and we knew we wanted everyone to have lunch together after the wedding and reception. The wedding coordinator we were in contact with in Florida made reservations for us at the Palms restaurant for 12:30 which was plenty of time and we didn't feel rushed to get there. It was the regular lunch menu, but it was nice that they had already pushed tables together for us and we didn't have to wait. The same person was also able to reserve a table for 10 at Feathers the first night we arrived so we could have dinner together.

We had the Jamaican rum cake per Alisha's suggestion and it was delicious. She pointed out that we can have chocolate or vanilla cake in the US anytime, but Jamaican rum cake is not available at home. Everyone loved it.

We booked Misha Earle for 3 hours. It was plenty of time. She took us off the resort for pictures for no additional charge. Since we didn't have the blue skies the day of our wedding, we took some pictures on the resort property from 9-10, just hung out from 10-11 (no pictures because it started raining), and she met back up with us shortly before 11 to start pictures for the wedding. She left at 12 once the reception was over. A few days later she met us back at the resort and we took her car around Negril for pictures in the morning for 1 hour. Realistically it was probably 1 hour and 20 minutes that she took pictures that day but she didn't charge us for the extra time.
    Small clarification with Misha....yes three hours was plenty of time and we received 210 pictures from her. BUT if we go could back and do it over again, we would love to have more pictures. Just go more places off the resort, different poses, and different scenery. It's once in a lifetime to get married in Jamaica and had we known and looking back now, we wish we had paid her for five hours just to get more pictures with more variety. We're completely happy with what we do have, but we just wish there were even more.

Misha also came to the resort the day before our wedding and met with us in the lobby to go over details and the time frame of how the events would take place.

We had my dress and my husband's suit and dress shirt steamed once we arrived. It was around $95 for all of it. I thought it was a little overpriced but we are in a different country after all where prices are different. We felt it was worth it because everything got a little wrinkled on the flight and being carried for so long. My flowers were an upgrade and cost $100. They still looked very nice the day we left so we gave them to Alisha to continue to enjoy instead of throwing them out.

Our receptions was moved to Feathers restaurant because of the rain. It held off for the wedding and reception but they would rather have been safe than sorry. It worked out well because it was very humid after the rain that morning so it was nice to have the fans. It was also very private there as we were the only people in there since Feathers is closed for lunch.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Feel free to find me on facebook to see more pictures of our trip. Mary Elizabeth Gregory
    Name:  MG_0209.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  32.8 KBName:  ceremony.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  63.8 KBName:  cliffs.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  83.4 KBName:  gardens.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  86.8 KBName:  luggage.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  78.4 KB

Hi Mary. First of all, congratulations! Thank you for posting such detailed suggestions. We have hired Misha for our April 22, 2013 wedding. So, your comments are spot-on and helpful. I've already scheduled my salon appointment, thanks to you! Your pics are beautiful! I was wondering whether you could post a close-up of you so that I can see how they did your make-up. I'm trying to decide whether to do it myself, or have them apply it. Thanks so much!
    Cheri

Hi Cheri, thank you so much for the kind words! You will not regret using Misha one bit, or having a destination wedding. Just make sure you soak it all in, because it goes by so fast and is over before you know it!

I'm posting 2 pictures of me close up, one a good bit closer than the other. Then one picture with no makeup and my hair just down like it usually is every day - so you can see a before and after. It's when I tried on my dress when we arrived to see if I thought it should be steamed.
    Hair and make up took about 45 minutes. She asked my time frame as soon as I arrived to make sure I was finished in time. I would give yourself at least an hour to do hair, makeup, and get dressed before pictures start, if not 1.5 hours. The salon doesn't open until 8am though.

I thought my face looked just a little orange in person once she finished the makeup. Not much, but I did feel that way a little. However, no one else agreed with me. I think it's just more makeup than I usually apply myself. I don't think my face looks the least bit orange in pictures. I think the girls in the salon know what they are doing since they do this every day and they know what to do for pictures. I told her I wanted it to look natural just like the look I go for every day at home.

I had pictures of how I wanted my hair done - seven photos to be exact. My hair had been done the same way when I was a bridesmaid in a wedding before and I knew I wanted it that way again. I showed her one picture and she said ok she had it. I told her I had more angles to show her, but she said "no mon, one is enough, I got this." And she did. It was perfect.

None of the 3 pictures I'm posting now are by Misha. They're all taken by my dad, but he happens to be a wedding photographer too.

Also, I got the free wedding package and just upgraded my flowers. Didn't pay for anything else besides steaming our clothes and the salon. I did tip Colinette in the salon for each time and she was so grateful for it. She was not expecting it at all, but I know she truly appreciated it. While she was working with me, she told me all about her family, more about the Jamaican culture, and how she got to where she is today.

Name:  sailboat.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  278.0 KBName:  closeup.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  281.3 KBName:  me+megan.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  294.3 KB

Name:  sands.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  48.5 KBName:  tree.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  72.7 KBName:  cheer.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  291.5 KBName:  jump.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  287.1 KBName:  sitting.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  281.8 KB

Name:  play1.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  74.2 KB

Is this lady who did your photos in Jamaica? If so how do you contact her? Is she diff. from the people who does them at the hotel already?

Yes, Misha is located in Jamaica and she comes to your resort or where ever you are having your wedding. Her website is Misha Earle Photography and her email is mishaearle@gmail.com. She is not associated with any hotel. Most hotels charge a fee to have a photographer who doesn't work there come take your wedding pictures, but Misha includes that fee in her price so you don't pay it.

Default Thank you...

Mary Elizabeth,

Thank you for the information and the wonderful photos to show the work which Colinette did for you. I was nervous about booking at the salon, as to I had not seen any of the work from the women there. I look forward to getting married at CSA in August.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryElizabethW View Post
    We chose the 11am time for our wedding and were hoping for blue skies and a blue ocean. We wanted 10am but it was already reserved by the time we booked. We hired Misha Earle as our photographer and she agreed to do pictures beginning at 10 so we could get the bluest sky and ocean as she said it's that way earliest in the day.
    I went to the salon at 9am and Colinette did my hair and makeup for either $90 or $100. My hair is very straight and she worked magic. It took her about 45 minutes and she suggested I see how I like the fresh white flowers in my hair. I liked it so they stayed. I then got dressed in the locker room at the spa and met up with the photographer at 10am. My fiance stayed in the room and got dressed during that time. Don't hesitate to use the salon (and ask for Colinette if she's still there). She did such an amazing job!
    10am comes around, we're both dressed, and it's about to start raining. No blue skies and no blue ocean. The one day during our entire trip that it was like this in the morning. We were a little disappointed, but our wonderful photographer Misha offered to take some photos now and come back another day when it was sunny to finish the pictures since we had our hearts set on that. No additional charge. Talk about a great photographer! Not to mention, she made us feel like we had known her for years.
    The wedding was perfect (and the rain held off during the ceremony so we could still get married on the beach). The pictures still turned out great even with the overcast skies. Misha came back a few days later and we took more pictures. We splurged and had Colinette do my hair and make up again for the additional pictures. She came in early just for me.
    Don't hesitate to use Misha Earle for photography. Cheaper than the resort (we met friends who used the resort photographer and we compared prices). We used Roxroy Gough for our video and love it too. Both took longer than they originally stated to get the pictures and video to us, but be patient because it's worth the wait. Being patient on this stuff is easier said than done though.
    Overall, perfect day and we wouldn't change a thing even if we could. It's so laid back and stress free. Alisha was the wedding coordinator and she took care of everything. We had a 30 minute meeting with her the day after we arrived and everything was planned during that time.
    Mary Elizabeth + Gabe

I'm having difficulty attaching pictures right now but the link above leads you to the slideshow of pictures Misha made for us.

pretty pics! we have the same ones..haha ..love Misha!

ennazus21...we saw your slideshow on Misha's website and YOUR slideshow was what made us decide to book her instead of someone else. We LOVED them, so we told Misha that and we wanted them similar to yours. Hope you don't mind we basically copied your wedding day photos!

llstar5019, if you have any more questions or want to know any more info, I'll be glad to share anything I can. Just let me know. You will LOVE getting married at CSA!