Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What do you think of this new SuperBowl ad?

HI,

You may have already seen this commercial previewed on several websites, including YouTube.

What is your opinion about the ad?

Volkswagen Super Bowl 2013 Game Day Commercial | Get In. Get Happy. - YouTube

Couples Resorts

Loved it
    Made me smile!

You have to love that. I'm sure most of us hear that in our heads when we're dreaming of home.

I didn't find it offensive at all. I found it humorous and it just made me want to get to Jamaica and the awesome people there all that much sooner.

I love it....check out the one with Jimmy Cliff..

Thought it was great....lol and smiling at my desk.

I think its funny (I have a VW Beetle) plus it will make people want to visit Jamaica.
    Dianavr

Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about, it made me smile from ear to ear, it is not racist in any way, it would mean I am a racist as I speak like that every time I am in Jamaica !
    What it actually does is portray the Jamaican people as a fun loving, laid back nation, if anything it is promoting Jamaica and hopefully you will get a lot more visitors !!

I thought it was great when I first saw it; I didn't think it was racist but celebratory of Jamaica. I saw Donny Deutsch, whose ad agency produced the commercial, on the Today show this morning, and he indicated that his agency conducted a survey amongst Jamaicans living in America, and they overwhelmingly had a positive reaction to the commercial.

I think we could all use a little Jamaican influence in our day-to-day lives. If a car could make me feel as trouble-free as I feel when we're vacationing in Jamaica, I'd buy it today.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

It makes me smile and it reminds of of the island where things aren't problems; they are things that happen that you deal with, but you don't let it affect your attitude. The staff at CN are always in this happy, no problem mon attitude and it is a great way to look at life. I wish more people in the US would adopt that attitude and vibe!!!

The ad makes me smile and makes me wish Feb. 9th soon come!

This ad made me smile!:-)

I love it! A reflection of the true Jamaican people. "Everyting Irie Mon". But it makes me homesick...47 days and counting!

Makes me homesick. Too bad the guy did not say a few things correctly like "come soon" instead of "Soon Come". Hopefully it will make a lot more people think of the warm friendly people of Jamaica and want to come to visit. As long as there is enough room for me.

I love it
    Mark & Sylvia

I think the people who do not like it have never been to Jamaica. Once you go you know they are the happiest people ever and bring a smile to you face.

I think it's pretty funny. People in the media who are saying "it's racist" need to get a clue. Gimme a break.

Awesome!

Love it!!!

Made me smile!

Brightened my day, brought me back to my count down till July!!!!

Ya-Mon!

Luv it.

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    HI,

You may have already seen this commercial previewed on several websites, including YouTube.

What is your opinion about the ad?

Volkswagen Super Bowl 2013 Game Day Commercial | Get In. Get Happy. - YouTube
    Clearly this guy just got back from Couples!!!! Ya Mon!

Love it!

Randymon - I smiled throughout... I think it will be well received as a top Super Bowl ad (most people watch the game to see the commercials!)

We just returned home from another amazing stay at CSA. I'm back at work now with the same attitude as the guy in the VW spot - "no problems, mon!" Thanks to you, all of the staff at CSA, and Jamaicans we met throughout our vacation for instilling in us those positive vibes.

Offensive? No way. Loved the accent. Soon come CTI April 2013.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast