Thread: Which Resort?

Default Which Resort?

We'll be getting married on November 17, 2013 and plan to travel to one of these beautiful resorts in Jamaica that next week. We're just not sure which one to choose. We absolutely love that they include water activities such as scuba, catamaran, etc. We'd also like to go to Dunn's River Falls because we've heard so many good things about it. Also like more modern places, nice beaches that don't have to be shared with other resorts that are non-Couples Resorts, really don't care about the au naturel beaches/islands, good size pools & hot tubs, and a wide variety of dining options. We've never been to an all-inclusive resort so I hope this doesn't come across as a 'dumb' question, but did anyone run into things that weren't included that you thought would be, etc? Any help and information would be wonderful.

If you want to go to Dunn's River Falls and on a Cat Cruise, CTI is your only choice.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

My vote would be for CSS. We love that place and it's absolutely beautiful! Very relaxing. Great place for a honeymoon.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

IMHO I would pass on Dunn's River Falls and make the stay at CN.

Once you hit the beach at CN you won't want to see the pool. The beach is not private, but you will not feel uncomfortable with what traffic is there. There is even one particular vendor that let's us know we're "Home."

Dunn's River Falls is pretty, no doubt, but for many it is unpleasant due to the intense pressure over money at the end. Tips, purchases, etc.

The other thing WE have found is that you seem to get more sunshine in Negril. In Ocho Rios lots of cloud gets generated by the nearby hills and the sun plays peek-a-boo all afternoon.

Just my opinion.

IMHO I would pass on Dunn's River Falls and make the stay at CN.

Once you hit the beach at CN you won't want to see the pool. The beach is not private, but you will not feel uncomfortable with what traffic is there. There is even one particular vendor that let's us know we're "Home."

Dunn's River Falls is pretty, no doubt, but for many it is unpleasant due to the intense pressure over money at the end. Tips, purchases, etc.

The other thing WE have found is that you seem to get more sunshine in Negril. In Ocho Rios lots of cloud gets generated by the nearby hills and the sun plays peek-a-boo all afternoon.

Just my opinion.

Wally is correct. The only thing is that the beach is smaller and not as nice as the Negril resorts but CTI beach is PRIVATE. CSS will give you a nicer private beach but you'll not get the catamaran cruise. I would go with CTI based on your OP.

Good luck and congrats on your engagement.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    If you want to go to Dunn's River Falls and on a Cat Cruise, CTI is your only choice.
    Is there anything about Tower Isle that you didn't like? We're just not sure if we want to take an additional 2 hour bus ride since it's far away from the airport.

CTI would be perfect for you! And no, we have not run into a single thing in six visits that we were charged for that we assumed would be included. The only extras we have ever paid for are private dinners on the beach & island, massages, and t-shirts at the gift shop.

CTI would be perfect for you. It's the reason why we have been returning for 16 years. Truly the best.

Css and cti in Ocho Rios are about 1 1/2-2 hours from airport. Csa and cn are about and 1 1/2 hour ride from airport so don't let that be a factor. There are waterfalls to climb on the Negril side of the island (Mayfield falls and YS falls. Dunns River was fun but I'll never go back, it's high pressure at the end. I like csa the best but it sounds like cti would be the best fit.

Quote Originally Posted by erinbacher View Post
    Is there anything about Tower Isle that you didn't like? We're just not sure if we want to take an additional 2 hour bus ride since it's far away from the airport.
    Sorry but all Couples Resorts in Jamaica are at least 11/2 hrs. from the airport but well worth the drive. Have a few Complimentary Red Stripes at the Couples Airport Lounge while waiting for the Happy Bus to the resort. Den every ting be no problem mon. At Couples, Ere De Fun Don Done.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Quote Originally Posted by erinbacher View Post
    I guess they refused to post my reply to this. It must have been too critical of CTI. Oh well, I tried to help you!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015