Thread: Live from CSS

Default Live from CSS

Our first full day here and its been great. We had a very lovely repeaters dinner tonight and shared our table with Pierre, the general manager. We even won a 100 dollar gift certificate to the jewelry shop.

The weather is perfect.

The resort is beautiful.

I will be more than happy to answer any questions (WiFI from our beach front room)

Default Food? Room?

We are going at the end of January. Would love to hear lot's of food details. Also we are staying in a beachfront, so rooms details would be great. Any photos you could share would be incredible. Thanks!

ooh oooh - Have you been to CSS previously? We've been to CN and the former COR - should we partake in the repeaters dinner when we're there in a few weeks? i was thinking of skipping and having a private dinner with the hubby ... one final and key question - can I purchase heavy duty coppertone spray @ the resort or should i pack one in my luggage? i am planning on doing carry-on only but i can pack if i need to ... enjoy your stay!!
    Kristie & Tim
    CN '99,'04,'06,'07,'09
    COR '00
    CSS 10/5/09 - 10/10/09

Any chance of getting WiFi on the beach?

Amy

Doc...I am so happy you are enjoying CSS...Peggy and I love CSS very much.

Please seek out Pierre again tell him Tommywommy says hi and hope to see him in 2010.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; October 6th, 2009 at 03:25 PM.

DOC - just printed out our boarding passes for tomorrow morning. Should be at CSS by 2:00 PM, hopefully.

Tommy Wommy, Pierre said his hello to you last night! I am not a regular poster but EVERYONE knows the hugger TommyWommy! He sends his best regards. What a cordial warm man he is. We had a great time talking to him and it made our dinner even more special.

The repeaters dinner is NOT TO BE MISSED! As Pierre told us, the chefs are trying to impress him with new creations and WOW, we were not disappointed! The chef created a pumpkin soup that was out of this world....and the dessert was incredible. We even got to sip and critique new wines that Pierre was considering purchasing for the resort. We have been the repeaters dinner at CSA and there were well over 100 couples and last night there were only 5 couples. This greatly increases your chance of winning a prize...and we did! I have 100 bucks to spend in the jewelry shop!

To answer your questions about food, we have only eaten at Cassanova and last night's repeater's dinner. Fabulous so far! We did lobster at Cassanova, a little salty, but still good. The steak was incredible as well as everything else.

We did not bring our line connection for our camera to the computer so no pics yet, but as soon as we return home, we will remedy that. It's our 29th anniversary today and Jim is having fun with his new video cam so we will post live shots too. The penthouse suites are soooo intriguing, but the room we have is more than adequate. We are in B3 and we can walk out to the beach. Right now they are setting up for the Gala Celebration. I used the jacuzzi last night and it was wonderful. The bed was comfy too. The only complaint was it took a little time to get ice and fill our in-room bar. Darn. We had to go to the bar.

All, in all, its been a great experience. But I have only been to CSA before and comparing the two resorts is like comparing apples to oranges and the two are so different! Its so much quieter here and laid back. But the service is always impeccable.

The sun screen...buy it in the states. You will need it! We already have sun burnt areas that the sun screen missed!

I have not tried Wi Fi on the beach, but I am typing this from our walk out patio!

Thanks so much DocHoliday! We will arrive on Sunday and DH so wants to be able to at least get updates on the college football next Saturday.

Amy

We paid for a Beach front Suite and after a few days we upgraded to a Penthouse. We could have earlier but due to a technical error, not until today. We are in the Prime Minister Suite of the D Dahlia block and the room is SUPERB! I wish we would have had it earlier. The patio is very large and private and the view incredible. The room is fabulous! If you have any questions, please let me know. WIFI from here too.

Hey there - thanks for the heads up! Hope you're enjoying your vacation!
    Kristie & Tim
    CN '99,'04,'06,'07,'09
    COR '00
    CSS 10/5/09 - 10/10/09

Is there room for a bassset, he misses you.