Default Fitness Facilities

I've been reading that the fitness centers at CSA are better than at CN. Is this true? If so, does CN offer a morning shuttle over to CSA for those of us who want to workout after breakfast?

Thanks for your help!
    Toi

CSA has larger fitness facilities with of course more equipment. The cardio and weight room is open air with no air cond.
    CN is a smaller room, but is air cond.

No they do not offer a shuttle from CN to CSA You can only go 1 day using Trading Places

No shuttle is offered and there is no exchange privilege program except for Trading Places.

Yes, the facilities at CSA are outstanding. There is nice air conditioned gym at CN but CSA has so much more.

One of the main attractions at CSA is it's sprawling sports complex. All of the Couples properties have fitness centers. It's just that CSA's is bigger. From what I've seen posted before, you cannot use the fitness facilities at CSA if you are staying at CN.

At CN, the cardio equipment and weight machines are in an air-conditioned room, while the studio for group classes is an open-air facility. As CSA, it's the opposite; the studio is air-conditioned (and this is where spin classes are held if they're offered the week you're there), but the rest of the cardio equipment and weight machines are in an open-air room. At CN, I work out first thing in the morning and then do a little more cardio in the afternoon; at CSA, it was too hot to work out again in the afternoon.

In addition to the facilities mentioned, CSA also has a very large pool for swimming laps, a running track/course, and in-door air-conditioned courts for racquetball. Both resorts also have tennis courts.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Can someone provide similar information for the fitness facilities at CTI? What are the court sports facilities like-- tennis/raquetball/squash? Are racquets provided? What types of group fitness classes are offered?

If you are really into sports, then you will love CSA's sports facility. It is the largest on the island. Besides everything that Pamela said, the facility also has a bar that can make fresh smoothies and there is infused water too. There is a pool table, large screen TV with sports playing and you can get beer there also. Oh, and I forgot about the numerous tennis courts. You can get free one on one instruction by one of the local pros. If sports are important to you, then CSA is the place to go.

One of the main attractions at CSA is it's sprawling sports complex. All of the Couples properties have health and health and fitness gyms. It's just that CSA's is bigger. From what I've seen posted before, you cannot use the health and health and fitness facilities at CSA if you are staying at CN.
    Anderson

@ aphilly

The fitness "room" at CTI is somewhat small; air conditioned. Four treadmills and several stationary bikes. They have two men's oly lifting bars (45#) but no women's oly bar, several curl bars, a fair selection of bumper plates, a decent set of dumbbells, and some other apparatus such as incline bench, regular bench, smith machine, abduction/adduction machine, etc. You can get a decent workout.

I've never done any of the classes, or tennis/racquetball so can't help with those.
    Last edited by Allans_Angel; May 17th, 2013 at 09:25 AM.

While CSA is larger, you should be able find ample machines and free weights at CN to accomplish what you want to do. It may not be exactly what you would do if you had all the CSA options but there is enough equipment to satisfy most work out needs.

People work-out on vacation? lol I'm kidding

Default AC vs no AC

Quote Originally Posted by Toi/Robert View Post
    I've been reading that the fitness centers at CSA are better than at CN. Is this true? If so, does CN offer a morning shuttle over to CSA for those of us who want to workout after breakfast?

Thanks for your help!
    Toi
    When I was planning my most recent trip to Couples I seriously considered CSA because working out during vacation is really important to me and my husband. Ultimately, I decided against CSA and opted for CN instead because the workout room at CN is air-conditioned. That may seem silly to some, but I know from past experience that I, personally, cannot work out with any vigor in an outdoor gym in a tropical climate. I know, I've tried it (in Aruba). The heat just drains me.

I was very pleased with the workout facilities at CN. It was never very crowded, although I admit that my hubby and I went in the off-hours (i.e. early to late afternoon). I did notice that early in the morning the gym was much more crowded.

So, bottom line is this: If you know you won't miss the A/C and you know the heat won't bother you, then CSA will probably be the better resort for you. However, if you've never tried working out in a tropical climate in an outdoor gym, then don't underestimate how much the heat and humidity will affect you. In the tropics, I will always opt for a smaller gym with air-conditioning over a larger gym that is open-air.