Default CSS- One Bedroom Ocean Suite . Descriptions by the room numbers

Hi everyone,
    My husband and I are booked for a One Bedroom Ocean suite at CSS. I know that we can't request a certain block or room until we check in, but I would like to have a small list of the favorites! For those of you that have stayed in one of these rooms what was the room number and details? Interested in the typeof view, large or small balcony, loungers, size of bathroom, and what floor the room was on. This is my listso far!
    D-7 corner room, 2 views, 30 steps to the beach,1st floor.

I need the same info. Also, does anybody know what Ocean Suite room number is being shown on couples website when they show the rooms for CSS? Love that it has a table and chairs plus a lounger.....but what room is that?

thanks

We have stayed in D11 which is a one bedroom ocean suite and the room is quite nice, and so is the location.. .BUT... there is NO view whatsoever... just some trees and the back of another building. Literally you cannot see or even hear the ocean from the balcony of this room. I have been advocating to get this room and D9 (same issue) changed to a different room category because there is no "ocean" in these rooms. Also, the furniture on the balcony is horrible. Two hard metal chairrs and a tiny table and that is all that can fit on the balcony. We tried to both sit and have a drink on the balcony but it's so uncomfortable and tiny that we ended up never going out there again. There may be other One Bedroom Ocean Suites that are like these two, I just know of these two. We did view this room category in the other building on up and they are gorgeous, with huge balconies and large comfortable furniture. The odds are you'll get one of those... but if you get D11 or D7 just decide if it's okay with you to not have a view or a usable balcony before you agree to stay in that room. If there is no other rooms available then you'll have to take the room. The location and the actual room are really nice, so it's a choice to make. D block is central on the property.

Here's what I have come up with so far. (This are based on other people's reviews, so correct me if any info is wrong!) D-7: corner room with 2 views, 30 steps to the beach, on the first floor. G- 2: Lg balcony, great view, corner room, huge shower. G-1 : nice view, huge balcony, double lounger. G-13: great view, large balcony, large bathroom with double vanity, walk in shower. 2 closets.

This thread is kind of worrying me....
    We are booked into a Beachfront 1 Bedroom suite. Based on what I've read, they're fairly similar to the ocean suite but I don't like how there are so many variances in the the actual rooms?

An ocean suite with no ocean? I was figuring all the rooms are similar and enjoyable and didn't really expect there to be such "bad" rooms. Hmmm....

Hope it all works out!

G9. Nice view, pricate, close to the lobby, huge balcony, small bathroom.

We stayed in G16 last year. The view was absolutely amazing. I think it is the one used in the pictures on the website. There was a double lounger and a table and chairs. There was a bad rainstorm and the roof leaked halfway through our stay. We saw three other rooms and none had the same view or were as nice. We tried to stay in the room despite the leaks but we're not allowed. They offered to move us to the hibiscus cottage for our final two nights. The cottage was an amazing room however the view from G16 was so much better and we were disappointed we couldn't stay there. .

thank you !

Ops please ignore this post...
    Thought my other post didn't get posted!

Silly me!
    Last edited by Sklar0321; February 4th, 2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Didn't realize previous post posted

Quote Originally Posted by vbstaley View Post
    Hi everyone,
    My husband and I are booked for a One Bedroom Ocean suite at CSS. I know that we can't request a certain block or room until we check in, but I would like to have a small list of the favorites! For those of you that have stayed in one of these rooms what was the room number and details? Interested in the typeof view, large or small balcony, loungers, size of bathroom, and what floor the room was on. This is my listso far!
    D-7 corner room, 2 views, 30 steps to the beach,1st floor.
    One of the great perks of CSS is that EVERY room has an ocean view. Some rooms may have a more unobstructed view than others. Having said that we toured every room category and were surprised how different each were. We have done the 1 bedroom Ocean Suite with balcony twice we were fortunate to get G block both times (it is at the top so it is a walk, but the views are worth it). We had G-4 the first time it had the large bathroom with 2 sinks and the big shower, but the view was slightly obstructed. It had the large balcony with 2 chaise loungers and table and chairs. The 2nd trip we had G-10 small bath, but better view and a double chaise lounger with table and chairs.

Relax you will love CSS!!!!

Sklar, I wouldn't worry! If you've booked a beachfront suite, all those rooms are in Block A or B. The balconies are smaller and have a round table and 2 chairs, BUT they are centrally located to the Main Beach, Palazzina, Beach Bar & Grill, and Main Pool. Have a great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by vbstaley View Post
    Here's what I have come up with so far. (This are based on other people's reviews, so correct me if any info is wrong!) D-7: corner room with 2 views, 30 steps to the beach, on the first floor. G- 2: Lg balcony, great view, corner room, huge shower. G-1 : nice view, huge balcony, double lounger. G-13: great view, large balcony, large bathroom with double vanity, walk in shower. 2 closets.
    D7 is an Ocean Verandah Suite. We were in D6, next door, which is a one bedroom ocean suite. The difference is that the verandah suites do not have a separate living area, just a huge veranda. The one bedroom ocean suites in D block have small balconies - about the same size as those in A and B blocks. D6 had a nice view of the sea and beach.

suzyQ thank you very much for answering!

I read some posts that got me a little nervous... I watched a video that cigardude posted the other day and I am definitely happy we went with the beachfront rooms, love the location!

45 more days and can't wait!!!!

Sklar! Glad I was able to remove some of your concerns! I hope you will love CSS as much as my hubby and I do!:-) Have a wonderful trip!

Mzambo, just to correct you only from our experience... we were told too that "every room at CSS has an ocean view"... and we now know that is simply not the case. D11 and D9 do not have ocean view, AT ALL, period. This room category in G block has spectacular views and odds are most get those rooms when booking this category. However in D block, these two rooms I know for sure do not have any view of the ocean... there is simply no way to get a view of the ocean due to the placement/angle of the balcony, as well as the obstruction from trees etcc.. This balcony would still do if it was a nice big one with the plush furnishings, but it has neither.

Just trying to clarify that contrary to what we are all told with the room categories at CSS, this statement of all rooms having an ocean view is just inaccurate.

I continue to advocate CSS management to change these two rooms to a different category. The balcony is disappointing to say the least, as there is no view, hardly any room, and unacceptable furniture (a tiny metal table and two tiny metal chairs).

We decided since our previous stay had a gorgeous view, we would just stay where they put us because the room itself is a great location and very nicely layed out... but we were disappointed in no view and pretty much unusable balcony.

Especially after all the beautiful pictures on the website showing this room category with the huge balcony and nice view... a newbie guest expecting to see that, would be extremely disappointed if they were given D11 or D9.

We love CSS but this is a pet peeve of ours concerning the room categories and somewhat misleading marketing about all the rooms having a view.

In the future we'd probably book a penthouse as we did with our first visit so that we wouldn't get either one of these rooms again.

We had c-3 and guessing it was a one bedroom ocean suite. Halfway up the stairs between lobby and beach but no view. Obstructed by trees. Good enough balcony but it was a secret rendezvous so that's what you get sometimes. Large living area and bedroom. Tvs in both rooms abd smallish bathroom. Gorgeous resort.

uprgrade to one bedroom beach front suite. This would be eiher A or B block. We have been to CSS twice stayed in A block and you will have a beautiful view of the ocean.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014