Default Help a new couple out

Howdy all,

Wanted to reach out to you veterans and get some insight on the resorts. I have been reading about all of the different spots, and honestly, it is information overload to me =/. I was wondering if you could help us out. This will be our first trip away and want to get some feedback from y'all. I have a few questions, and I am sure more will arise as we decide which resort to go to.

1. Which resort would be a good starter (as I am sure we will do multiple trips)
    2. While not really looking for AN, not against it either, again which resort would be the way to go?
    3. Which one do you think has the best nightlife atmosphere? The partying, or just getting crazy (keep in mind we are early 40's LOL)
    4. Which one do is more amenable for solidarity, romantic (just want to be alone, enjoying each other)
    5. Do you generally just book through couples and arrange your own flights? Do you find it cheaper that way?
    6. What should our expectations be for our first vacation?

Thank you for your help!!!!!

1. All of the resorts are really nice. You can take long walks on the negril beaches but the resorts in Ochi have private beaches and private (nobody walking by from other resorts). CSS is built on the cliffs but no cat cruise, CN is very compact, CSA and CSS are spread out. CN has the large pool in the center of the property. CSA has the nicest rooms. All have great food, our favorite was CTI, then CSA then CN and CSS Last.
    2. CSA does not have AN. CN has AN but not very private, CSS has the best AN and then CTI
    3. That depends upon who is there that week. Sometimes there are groups there that like to stay up and then sometimes the place is dead at midnight
    4. You can enjoy each other at any of the resorts, believe it or not people seem to be more open/friendly on the AN areas. If you hang out at the pools you will socialize more than sitting on the beach. The restaurants seat you by yourself unless you have a group.
    5. We book our own flights, I like to pick my airline, my seats and departure times
    6. Have fun, get onto island time as soon as you land, enjoy the resorts

1. Which resort would be a good starter (as I am sure we will do multiple trips)
    CSA because of the beach, the romance, and the most tropical resort feel of the four.

2. While not really looking for AN, not against it either, again which resort would be the way to go?
    CTI because of the island. CSS has a great AN area on Sunset Beach: great pool, food, bar, all the amenities, but the AN island is an amazing place to spend the day.

3. Which one do you think has the best nightlife atmosphere? The partying, or just getting crazy (keep in mind we are early 40's LOL)
    While others, including management may deny it, CN is the party scene.

4. Which one do is more amenable for solidarity, romantic (just want to be alone, enjoying each other)
    CSS is the most romantic of the four.

5. Do you generally just book through couples and arrange your own flights? Do you find it cheaper that way?
    I have, in more than 30 trips to Couples, always used a travel agent and booked my own flights.

6. What should our expectations be for our first vacation?
    Paradise.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Start w/ CSA! Enjoy

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Personally, CTI was a great start to the Couples experience for us. We found the north coast resorts to be the most tropical properties. The AN areas at CTI/CSS were definitely more approachable than CN (public beach, just some hedges between you and weddings). We never make it past 10PM ever, but the piano bars at all the resorts are good for a chill post-dinner cocktail. For romance and privacy, CSS wins hands down. And we've always booked air&hotel as a package through various online travel sites (shop the deal).

All that said, we love all four resorts. CSA rooms, fitness center, and beach are the best. CN layout is nice if you like compact still with white sand beaches. CSS has stone paths in a semi-jungle feel (best massage huts, 2nd place CN). CTI has the killer views and the island is unbeatable.

If you still can't choose, I recommend writing each resort's name down, placing them in a hat, and drawing randomly. Winner every time!

We have been to CN, CTI CSA. Our favorite is CN THEN CTI and least favorite was CSA. we hated the small dark dated rooms of CSA. IN fact we tried to move back to CN when we saw the condition of the beachfront "suite" at CSA. It was so bad I just about cried after coming from the beautiful beachfront suite of CN. Luckily they were able to move us to a Great House Jacuzzi Suite which saved the room situation.

Still imo CN is a lot more romantic then CSA. it is more intimate, better kept, nicer beach, more private, nicer grounds, better staff and just all around better vibe.

We also loved CTI. The one bedroom suite was just spectacular with a view to kill. The staff imo was the best of all the resorts.

Every year it is a struggle deciding which resort to go back to, CTI or CN.

CSA does have a great beach, but after 5 trips the group situation just keeps getting worse.
    I liked CSS alot, much smaller though older resort but friendlier overall and no big groups to contend with. Smaller beach too but private, no vendors walking by. We are trying CN this Dec. Went to CTI then still COR years ago before the remodel so can't say much other than no real beach.