Default CN Review Jan 3rd - Jan 10th 2012

I know this is late...but our computer crashed and I just now found my reivew that I put together when we got back from Couples Negril last January. ENJOY............

My wife and I just returned from a 7 night stay at Couples Negril. Jan 3rd through Jan 10th.

Couples Lounge:
    Right after clearing customs at Montego Bay ( which was a breeze ) we headed to the Couples Lounge. When we arrived at the lounge, we checked in with the clerk and let her know which Couples resort we were staying at. We enjoyed a couple Red Stripes before the bus came to pick us up. Total wait time, roughly 20-30 minutes.

Bus Transfer:
    The bus ride from the airport to the resort flew by. I actually fell asleep from a long day of travel. Coming from the West Coast took quite a toll. In any event, the scenery was “rustic” so to speak, but very colorful. By the time we knew it, we arrived at the resort. Total travel time, roughly 1.5hrs.

Check In:
    After exiting the bus, our bags were taken to the lobby. We were greeted with a cold glass of champagne and a cool towel to clean our face. This by the way was very refreshing! Franklyn helped us to the front desk and within 15 minutes, we were checked in and on our way to our room. Total time for checking 20 minutes.

Room:
    When we entered our room, I was overtaken by all the bad reviews that I have read before we booked our trip. Completely night and day difference from what I read. Our room was MORE that what we were expecting. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t some posh platinum rated suite that Oprah would stay in. But it was absolutely perfect. Bed was a little firm for my wife, but I loved it. She actually got used to by the time we left. Our maid service did an excellent job with picking up everyday. The turndown service was exceptional. All in all….our room was perfect.

Resort:
    Over all, the resort could use a face lift. But at the same time, it gives it character. Small and quaint, but big enough if you wanted some personal time with just your spouse, you can get away. Everything is well laid out. There is something for everyone. If you want to relax on the beach, you can do so. If you want to hang out by the pool, you are able to. There are plenty of lounge chairs at both locations. I don’t understand previous reviews about not being enough. I do admit that there are “some” who choose to take claim of certain lounge chairs in the early morning. It’s whatever…not a big deal.

Restaurants:
    There are only two different “actual” restaurants; Lychee and Otaheite. Lychee is open nightly ( except Mondays ) from 6pm to 9:15pm. It’s an Asian inspired cuisine restaurant which is excellent. They offer a Lychee martini that is very good. On both nights, I ordered the Pad Thai. Some of the best Pad Thai I have had. The restaurant is well laid out and nicely decorated. The service was also excellent, never had any issues. Their dress code is casual ( shorts and a t-shirt is fine ). Otaheite is their nicer restaurant. Reservations are required, which can be made at the lobby. 5 course meal that will compare to other 5 star restaurants. Again, service was exceptional and the food was amazing. Their dress code is “business casual”, nice slacks and button-collard shirt will do. The Heliconia Grill was more or less good for lunch/snack during the day. We didn’t eat there for dinner. We tried, but when we got seated, it took well over 20 minutes before anyone came to our table. So we just left. Not too big of a deal. They are open two different times. Daily from 11:00am through 6:00pm and again from 10:30pm through 5:00am. They are open nightly for dinner ( except Saturdays ) from 7:00pm through 10:00pm. The Cassava Terrace is their main buffet style eating location. Open seating ( meaning that it’s a large open room ). A vast array of many different choices. They change on a daily basis. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sometimes they will have the buffet out by the pool, which is nice...but only for dinner. Service was again, exceptional. Always had our glasses full of water and other drinks where an order away.

Pool:
    The main pool was a little on the “chilly” side, but felt refreshing in the hot humid weather. We would start our day off at the pool, hit up the beach after lunch, and then end the day back at the pool.

Overall Experience:
    Perfect vacation, met some really cool down to earth people. We’re actually booking another trip with a couple we met from VA. January 2014 can’t get here soon enough! And the best part about our vacation, we now have our daughter that was “Made in Jamaica” hahaha.

Just an FYI, Cassava Terrace is actually a la carte dining a few nights a week. Also, Heliconia is awesome! You'll have to make sure and eat dinner there next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmorfin78 View Post
    Overall Experience:
    Perfect vacation, met some really cool down to earth people. We’re actually booking another trip with a couple we met from VA. January 2014 can’t get here soon enough! And the best part about our vacation, we now have our daughter that was “Made in Jamaica” hahaha.
    So glad you had a great time... we are going back in November (haven't been since 2006). Going to CSS this March first.

Loved your "Made in Jamaica" comment.... made me laugh! So what did you name her? Something Jamaican, I hope.