Default CN first-timer questions

Hello, My husband and I got married in June and didn't get to take a honeymoon so are planning a late honeymoon/anniversary trip to CN next spring or summer. It looks beautiful! A few questions though:
    1. What room would you recommend..we want a balcony and a good view.
    2. I've been reading on here and know to do the sunset cat. cruise. Any other must-do things? What about the trips outside the resort like Rick's?
    3. Any money needed other than the card for the deposit, tips for non-Couples people, and for food on any trips we may take away from the resort??
    Thanks so much!

I can answer #3 for ya!! I haven't been to CN. BUT we typically we take around $300.00. Nothing larer than a $20.00. Mostly $1's, $5's and $10's. That is used for tips, the spa, any excursions that aren't included, and food that isn't included, like at the airport. IF you stay at the resort, you won't need any money. Other than the deposit that you spoke of earlier.
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by monurse View Post
    Hello, My husband and I got married in June and didn't get to take a honeymoon so are planning a late honeymoon/anniversary trip to CN next spring or summer. It looks beautiful! A few questions though:
    2. I've been reading on here and know to do the sunset cat. cruise. Any other must-do things? What about the trips outside the resort like Rick's?
    3. Any money needed other than the card for the deposit, tips for non-Couples people, and for food on any trips we may take away from the resort??
    Thanks so much!
    Hi Monurse,
    you made a great choice, we just returned from our first visit and we fell in love with Couples
    there are no bad rooms, but we had unit 1309, third floor garden view in building 1. It was perfect. Building 1 is the building I will always ask for and third floor balconies are great, Plus higher up we left our door open when napping and it was fun to hear the breeze in the palms or the frogs at night.

We went to Rick's , jumping was on my bucket list. After googling injuries at Ricks, next time Iam going for the sunset, it was our only excursion and well worth it.

Money depends on you add up the souvaneers and any offsite excursions you might do and you will get an idea.
    You can always get cash advances down there,one couple was using a wire service I believe Western Express? You can use your credit card where safe like at Couples.
    have a great trip

Hi Monurse !

1. Building #9 - room 9308 is perfect regarding view.
    2. Reef Snorkeling is a MUST. Shopping Shuttle is a MUST.
    Rick's overrated just as the Margaritaville.
    3. The Busdriver who takes you to the Resort.. Pay him 5 USD pr person..
    At the airport, you can pay the luggage man who carries your cases to the Bus 1 USD pr bag. Everyting you do outside the resort is up to you and what you wanna do.. But bring some Cash.. always good to have.

Have a fantastic time !! IRIE!

Default Thanks!

Thanks everyone! I'm very excited to go to CN now. Usually my husband needs some pushing because he's a little bit of a home-body but after showing him pictures he's been asking me all kinds of questions about it...seems actually excited!

Monurse, you are going to love it, one week back and all my wife and I think about is the memories we have. It was the best money ever spent on a vacation, we have been reliving it constantly and I spend hrs figuring how soon we can go back...

are you looking at trip advisor negril, lots of good pics and reviews there, especially on the hotel section

Congrats on your decision. Great place!!!
    What everyone has posted before is true. Little tips here & there off the resort, if you want to buy crafts on the beach you need cash, too. Otherwise only on the excursions off the resort.

Congrats on your recent wedding and on choosing CN for your belated honeymoon, you will not regret it!

We usually take around $500 in cash and come home with money, but we always do an offsite day long excursion which eats away at that. So it depends what you intend to do on your trip!!!

One of my favorite things to do at CN.... In the gardens near the scuba pool is a hammock kind of hidden, go there at night with drinks, set your drinks down, lay in the hammock, listening to the tree frogs, peeking through the palm tree's at the stars....... very romantic setting.

Do not miss Otaheite, just beware of the never empty wine glass and you must try the pumpkin soup, I don't even like pumpkin pie, but I love that soup!!!!

We have done 2 trips to CN and have booked the Gardenview both times, and loved it. We had bldg 3 the first time, and bldg 1 the next, we loved bldg 1..... great location and a glimpse of the ocean. We prefer a 2nd floor room, like a balcony versus a patio, and prefer one flight of stairs to 2 for the 3rd floor.

I loved Rick's Cafe, and think it is a must do once, the sunset is beautiful from there, there are live bands at night, and the cliff divers the professional ones are something to see.

Have a great trip, here a a couple pic's of Rick's.
    Last edited by Mzambo; October 13th, 2009 at 05:19 PM.

The night snorkel was extra but was fun.

We are planning our first trip to CN in the spring as well and could not be any more excited, maybe we will see you there!!

Default Answers to your questions

Congratulations! My wife and I just returned from our own honeymoon at CN. Here's some info that I hope will help answer your questions:

>> We stayed in #6201, a Beachfront Suite. I've attached three pictures taken from our balcony. The view was amazing, consistently and breathtakingly amazing.

>> Definitely do the cat cruise - sunset is not to be missed. My wife and I also really enjoyed the day snorkeling trip.

>> Personal preference about carrying cash (use your room safe!) is key. We carried ~$250 in mixed bills ($1, $5, $10, $20) and didn't use half of it.

Enjoy your trip!
    Attached Images Attached Images