Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Hi Randy,
    I assume the tipping policy at Couples Barbados will be the same as the other 4 couples resorts. Will the drivers from the airport to CB be couples employees? What about the staff at the spa?
    I apologize if you have already answered this.

Randy, Also a couple scuba-related questions ....
    1) NAUI certification gets nothing free???? My husband is going to be pissed and our final payment is due in less than 2 weeks, this might be worth canceling in his opinion and going back to CSA or just all-together because "we've already done Jamaica" sigh...
    2) Is there a "crash-course" to take there like there is at other Couples resorts to be able to dive? Either for a fee or free? I'm not certified at all but took the course at CTI.

We have a 10 day stay, arriving 8/1...

Although I'm a PADI rescue diver, I am also an SSI dive master. The exclusion of any of the large agencies like SSI is ridiculous -- all of the training standards are the same. Why the exclusion of any reputable training agency in Barbados?

Randymon, just want to verify as stated earlier on the message board that I will be able to use my wife's dives as she does not dive. We are staying for 7 nights and I would like to use all 4 dives myself.

We are REALLY going to miss the morning room service that was available at CN and CSA. It was so luxurious to have a pot of coffee and a few pastries in bed before starting the day. Something small like the option of the continental breakfast room service really set Couples apart from other resorts. Very disappointed that this is not being offered at CB.

Otherwise, looking forward to discovering a possible "new home."

CN 2008. 2009 CSA 2010

Randymon,
    Will airport transfers be included from Bridgetown? The reason I ask is, I am trying to book a vacation through the Couples website, and the only arrival airport, in all of the possible scenarios I can think of, is the Bridgetown airport. No flights booked from the Couples website arrive at Grantley Adams airport, for which the Couples Barbados website advertises free transfers.
    I would really like to book my trip before the flight credit expires, so would like an answer soon.
    If a transfer is not included, how much is a taxi from Bridgetown to CB?
    THANKS ALL- Hope to see you again soon!

Hey Jmdjmd
    I do believe there is only one airport in Barbados. I think it's official name is "Grantley Adams International Airport Bridgetown", as Bridgetown is the nearest "big" town/capital.

Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    BobbyH, Randy said "You will be able to purchase more, but understand that transportation to the dive boat would also be extra." My understanding is the free dives which are included shouldn't require any additional costs. Also, I believe one of the excursions for snorkling involved snorkling with the sea turtles. :-)

Connell0618, as far as the couples lounge at the airport, there won't be a lounge. The cost is too high in Barbados and space is at a premium. Randy has said there will be a bus/van meeting us for transport to the resort, though. We also arrive on June 15th (SQUEEEE!!!!). The airport is not too far from the resort (at least not as far as it is in Jamaica), so worse case would be somewhat inexpensive taxi. Looking forward to meeting you!

Carey and Logie
    Excited to meet you also!!!

I think GA airport is thr Bridgetown Airport. I just googled it and it showed the same place...??

jmdjmd,

If I am reading my flight information correctly, Grantley Adams is Bridgetown. According to my flight info, the airport code for Bridgetown is BGI. If you look up that code, BGI is listed as Grantley Adams.

There is only one International airport in Barbados. It is called Grantley Arms and is located close to Bridgetown. CB is only about 15 minutes from the airport and the transfers are free. Enjoy !!

The Naui dive certificate is recognised in Barbados so your dives are free in accordance with the number of your nights stay. If you do not dive your husband can have your dives. Do not know anything about a crash course. Sorry

Grantley Adams (BGI) is Bridgetown airport ... same arrival with transfers included!

jmdjmd- As far as I can tell Bridgetown (BGI) is Grantley Adams. When I did a search using the ita matrix on airfare it comes up as Bridgetown Grantley Adams International. Hope that helps.

Pretty sure there is only one airport and the one at Bridgetown is Grantley Adams

I stayed at couples swept away in April and now I'm go ing to couples in Barbados In October !How do I join the romance rewards and what type of rewards do u get?

hi Randy,
    countdown running you should have an app we can download to mobile so we get a message 12 days to go! anyhow cannot wait our first visit I notice the in-room fridges are customable to your needs, pity we cannot specify prior to our arrival so staff are aware that ie we don't drink orange wife allergic so no orange in fridge. perhaps a tick form of drinks we like so they are there as we open and don't have to request the items? can be downloaded day before we arrive so room is prepped to our needs? personal welcome not in the room is nice with a plan layout of buildings I have stayed in many hotels with a book that says everything around but little about inside a fold up to carry around? so when one does get lost exploring one can get back to the bar! could start a precedent perhaps you should patent the idea?? anyhow role on july 22nd ps no red wine or orange in room please wife allergic !

Papagray: I've signed up for the Romance Rewards (link at bottom of page), once you've signed up you can click on the pre check-in link, this brings up an in room fridge list which you can fill in your requirements.

papagray, the pre-check in form allows you to select items to put in your room fridge. When we were at CTI, I recall the fridge being stocked within hours of our arrival.
    Socal and Sintown
    CN 6/2014
    CB 6/2013
    CTI 6/2012

Quote Originally Posted by vh2 View Post
    Although I'm a PADI rescue diver, I am also an SSI dive master. The exclusion of any of the large agencies like SSI is ridiculous -- all of the training standards are the same. Why the exclusion of any reputable training agency in Barbados?

Randymon, just want to verify as stated earlier on the message board that I will be able to use my wife's dives as she does not dive. We are staying for 7 nights and I would like to use all 4 dives myself.

We are REALLY going to miss the morning room service that was available at CN and CSA. It was so luxurious to have a pot of coffee and a few pastries in bed before starting the day. Something small like the option of the continental breakfast room service really set Couples apart from other resorts. Very disappointed that this is not being offered at CB.

Otherwise, looking forward to discovering a possible "new home."

CN 2008. 2009 CSA 2010
    I found this under the facts page. All five resorts offer continental breakfast in your room.

I like you also really enjoy the coffee in your room first thing in the morning. Randy correct me if I am interpreting this wrong.

Just agreed to a switch from our original hotel, Mango Bay (due to beach renovation works) to CB. Really looking forward to our first time at a couples resort and first time to Barbados. Sounds like all the works are on track so roll on June 17th!!

Quote Originally Posted by papagray View Post
    hi Randy,
    countdown running you should have an app we can download to mobile so we get a message 12 days to go! anyhow cannot wait our first visit I notice the in-room fridges are customable to your needs, pity we cannot specify prior to our arrival so staff are aware that ie we don't drink orange wife allergic so no orange in fridge. perhaps a tick form of drinks we like so they are there as we open and don't have to request the items? can be downloaded day before we arrive so room is prepped to our needs? personal welcome not in the room is nice with a plan layout of buildings I have stayed in many hotels with a book that says everything around but little about inside a fold up to carry around? so when one does get lost exploring one can get back to the bar! could start a precedent perhaps you should patent the idea?? anyhow role on july 22nd ps no red wine or orange in room please wife allergic !
    If you do a pre- check in thru Couples you cab specify exactly what drinks you want in the room. I was able to click on a linkin my confirmation email thattook me right to the check in area so I could say what we would likein our room. It must be done 3 days before arrival I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jblauvelt View Post
    I stayed at couples swept away in April and now I'm go ing to couples in Barbados In October !How do I join the romance rewards and what type of rewards do u get?
    Google couples romance rewards and sign up/in for an account. The website tells you what rewards you qualify for based on how many days you have stayed at couples. Its super easy!!

Quote Originally Posted by papagray View Post
    hi Randy,
    Hi there,

I noticed that when I signed into Romance Rewards to "pre check-in", there is an option to request certain items in your mini-bar. There is also a space where you can leave a comment so maybe you can tell them about your wife's allergies. Plus I don't think orange soda is a pre-stocked beverage so you should be good. Here's what the page says:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Your room mini-bar comes pre-stocked with following items:
    Diet Pepsi, Pepsi, Ting soda (grapefruit), Ginger Ale soda, Carib Beer

Mini bar items will be delivered to your room within 24 hours of arrival.

You can request following items to be added to your mini-bar*:
    (Your mini-bar will be restocked daily and you will be able to modify your choices.)
    Appleton Special Rum (750ml)
    Vodka (750ml)
    Gin (750ml)
    Whiskey (750ml)
    Sprite/Seven Up Soda
    Tonic Water Soda
    Soda Water
    Clamato Juice
    Cranberry Juice
    Orange Juice
    Pineapple Juice
    Sparkling wine
    Red wine
    White wine

I just booked my CB for November 9, 2013. My American Airlines flight doesn't arrive until 11:20 pm. Is that a problem for getting transport to the hotel or do most of the flights arrive that late. Had to book an extra day, due to the late arrival and not wishing to miss any fun!

Thanks

Default Schedule for activities?

Hi Randymon!

If it has already been mentioned I apologize in advance..but when would we have access to a schedule for activities/shows/entertainment/exercise classes, etc. during our stay? We were in CSA 2 months ago and are booked for Barbados in December. We hope there is tons available like there was in Jamaica to keep us having an awesome time!!!!! By the way-will there be a nightclub?! LOVED the Aura nightclub at CSA for my birthday!!! Thanks!

Maybe a stupid question, but what do we look for when we arrive at the BGI (GA) airport? Is there an area we should head to and wait, or look for someone holding a sign?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast