Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

I have been to Barbados and lived there. There are no au natural beaches or sunbathing there. It is illegal to even go topless.

Randymon,
    One more question. We just booked a Junior Ocean Suite for this October. The description states Spectacular views of the Caribbean. Where are these rooms located as far as the beach is concerned? We definitely want to enjoy the ocean from our room but couldn't afford to book the Beachfront Suite because we are going to CN this July. This is the first time ever that we are doing 2 Couples vacations in the same year. But we couldn't resist the $1000 savings. So we are making it our Xmas present to each other this year. We went to Barbados 11 years ago and stayed at Turtle Beach which is right next door but it was overrun with kids. We loved the island and the beach was great. Can't wait to go again with the experience of Couples.

I think from what Randymon has said previously and what I have read online, the only place the Ocean View Junior Suites and One Bedroom Ocean Suites can be located is the main Building featured in the pictures, behind the main pool with the swim-up bar. This is also known as Block 1. The other Blocks are all in set in the Garden. We have booked for the end of June, can't wait to go, just hoping that all the work has finished by then and that it will be as good as our stay at CSA last year. We loved all the little extras like the Beach bonfire, movies on the beach, the Sing-Along Piano bar etc - so I hope Barbados lives up to our high expectations!

Default re booking online for barbados

can anyone please tell me if when you book online your holiday for barbados if you can pay like monthly installments with couples like you would do with thomson or virgin? also with regards to safety i.e. is your booking secured like when you book with virgin and you have a flight change?

Default General Manager at Couples Barbados

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    HI- Our announcement of Couples Barbados has created a flurry of questions from you all. :-)

So that I/we may address them all and keep them together in one location, please use this thread to ask your questions. Thank so much. We look forward to liming with you in Barbados
    Whom will be General Manager at Couples Barbados?

Quote Originally Posted by fubs View Post
    can anyone please tell me if when you book online your holiday for barbados if you can pay like monthly installments with couples like you would do with thomson or virgin? also with regards to safety i.e. is your booking secured like when you book with virgin and you have a flight change?
    Kenwood Travel handle the UK bookings for Couples and are ABTA registered so are just as safe as any other UK travel agent. Usually you pay a deposit and then the balance of the holiday 10 weeks before departure. You could always phone them - (the number is on the top right hand corner of the Couples UK website) to ask about stage payments. Strangely we have often found that it is cheaper to book a Couples holiday direct with Kenwood than book via the Couples website. But I always get quotes from several TAs before booking anyway.
    Last edited by Dawn; March 13th, 2013 at 08:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by lynthepin View Post
    Can you tell me if Enid's is a buffet restaurant, I would like it if it was as you don't always want a la carte
    I would love to see a totally buffet style restaurant, sometimes I don't know what I want till I see it and I like being able to eat right away and not wait on food to be prepared sometimes.

Hi, I am guessing the room refurb can be done in piecemeal fashion but information suggests the upgrade includes "New pool and Jacuzzi".

Are they expected to be built between now and the end of May?

Hi fubs
    As Dawn says, you can book with Kenwood Travel in the UK but you can also book Couples Barbados with Virgin. It is on the Virgin Holidays website and last time I checked it was actually slighter cheaper to book with Virgin than Kenwood, also you can fly to Barbados with Virgin from Gatwick and Manchester (great for us as we live in Durham!)

Mad about tennis

We would love to visit the new Barbados location but due to work schedules we have to travel the last week of May or first week of June, before the June 15 date when the property will officially be Couples Barbados. If we go while the property is still Casuarina in name will it have a Couples feel to it at all? Will it be anywhere close to as nice is probably what I'm trying to ask. :-) Thanks Randy!

We have just returned from a month in Barbados. We were fortunate enough to have a tour of the Casuarina hotel. The only location of rooms that we could find out for sure were the ocean view rooms and suites which will be located in Building 1 when it becomes Couples. Randyman do you know yet which of the other 5 buildings the other catagories will be located in. The Palm rooms are the cheapest so I guess they will be located in buildings 5 or 6 which are furthest from the beach. Any plans to increase the number of dives for divers staying for 2 weeks? We are really wanting to try Couples in Barbados although we love Couples Negril very much. I think that the deal breaker will be the number of dives for a 2 week stay. I keyed in a price for hotel only from Toronto but it would only give me flight and hotel which was quite expensive. I understood from one of your replies that the $1000 was a bonus so if you did not book the flight with Couples you could have it taken off the price of the room.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Shartalin View Post
    I would love to see a totally buffet style restaurant, sometimes I don't know what I want till I see it and I like being able to eat right away and not wait on food to be prepared sometimes.
    I agree with you..I like the Couples CN set up with alternating nights buffet and A la carte

Quote Originally Posted by csr View Post
    Hi Randy
    Thanks for starting this thread....and you are right. Being frequent visitors to san souci and sunset beach our number one question is will there be an au natual beach.... ???? please say yes.... We love Jamaica but would also love to try another country but are not willing to give up all that the couples brand gives us. We look forward to hearing all about Barbados.
    :-)
    csr
    None of the beaches in Barbados are au natural, so they can't be at any resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    Liming?????? Randy, I've never been to Barbados but that sounds kinky! LOL
    LOL. Liming just means hanging out.

Quote Originally Posted by ilorangiv View Post
    Is there any au natural at Couples Barbados?
    Sorry, but none of the beaches in Barbados are au natural.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaPat View Post
    If that was a typo randymon, then forgive me, but I have to ask (with no sarcasm intended), ....what is liming?
    Liming just means hanging out, sitting around sharing a rum or a beer and some good food, some good and fun conversation, not to mention cracking a couple jokes, and just having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    What does Barbabos have for food speciality like Jamaica has jerk and curry.
    Barbados has flying fish and cou cou (sort of like polenta). The macaroni pie (like mac 'n cheese) is to die for. Peas and rice is a daily staple as well. Also try the breadfruit (a starchy fruit that's eaten cooked, fried as chips, mashed). There's plantain, sweet potato, and other ground provisions like yams and cassava. The Bajan food at Enid's is delicious, by the way. You'll enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    What does Barbabos have for food speciality like Jamaica has jerk and curry.
    I almost forgot about pudding and souse. How could I forget? The pudding is a dish sort of like stuffed sausage or like haggas, only it's stuffed with sweet potatoes, onions, spices (we do not add blood to ours generally). The souse is pig parts. It can be pig's feet, ears, pork meat. It is the most delicious thing. You can have lean souse, which is mostly the pork meat and not fat or feet. Believe me, it's really tasty.

That breadfruit I mentioned early can also be mashed like mashed potatoes. It's delicious.

Fish, fish, and more fish is our specialty here. We eat mostly fish and chicken here. You can find beef dishes, but beef is more expensive. Lamb is also good, from our famous Barbados Black Belly Sheep.

For drinks: mauby (made from the bark of a tree). It has a bitter taste and requires an acquired taste, but it's really good. We also make fruit drinks out of the different fruit grown on the island: Barbados cherry, mango, soursop (not sour at all), carambola or five fingers, golden apples, and others. Try a Bajan lemonade or fruit punch. Of course there is Banks Beer and several types of Barbados rum.

Our dishes are not as hot with pepper like jerk in Jamaica. However, we do use pepper sauce (hot sauce) as a condiment. It is almost a must.

I can't think of anything else right now.

How about a Meet Up at Couples Barbados thread? We just booked and are very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by margaretking View Post
    I almost forgot about pudding and souse. How could I forget? The pudding is a dish sort of like stuffed sausage or like haggas, only it's stuffed with sweet potatoes, onions, spices (we do not add blood to ours generally). The souse is pig parts. It can be pig's feet, ears, pork meat. It is the most delicious thing. You can have lean souse, which is mostly the pork meat and not fat or feet. Believe me, it's really tasty.

That breadfruit I mentioned early can also be mashed like mashed potatoes. It's delicious.

Fish, fish, and more fish is our specialty here. We eat mostly fish and chicken here. You can find beef dishes, but beef is more expensive. Lamb is also good, from our famous Barbados Black Belly Sheep.

For drinks: mauby (made from the bark of a tree). It has a bitter taste and requires an acquired taste, but it's really good. We also make fruit drinks out of the different fruit grown on the island: Barbados cherry, mango, soursop (not sour at all), carambola or five fingers, golden apples, and others. Try a Bajan lemonade or fruit punch. Of course there is Banks Beer and several types of Barbados rum.

Our dishes are not as hot with pepper like jerk in Jamaica. However, we do use pepper sauce (hot sauce) as a condiment. It is almost a must.

I can't think of anything else right now.
    Wow everything sounds amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    HI- Our announcement of Couples Barbados has created a flurry of questions from you all. :-)

So that I/we may address them all and keep them together in one location, please use this thread to ask your questions. Thank so much. We look forward to liming with you in Barbados
    I just found out the Fun Sun Travel will book trips to Couples Barbados from Canada. They are using Air Canada which has a direct flight to Barbados. It is approximately 6 hours. I priced Couples who will give you a quote in U.S. dollars and Fun Sun. Their prices were comparable. However if you have a regular travel agent he can book you trip and pehaps even give you a discount.

Randymon we are still waiting to find out if the number of dives for a 2 week stay will be increased. If not how much would additional dives cost? I know that diving in Barbados is very expensive as we returned last week. We really want to book before April 3 so we do not lose out on the $1000 credit. I see from the message board that many people are concerned about the few number dives.

Couples Resorts

Hello Everyone, I'm Paula at Couples Barbados, Looking forward to seeing all of you as we welcome you to Barbados and experience another Couples in our lovely Island! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay with us absolutely wonderful!

Default Morning Paula

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaBarbados View Post
    Hello Everyone, I'm Paula at Couples Barbados, Looking forward to seeing all of you as we welcome you to Barbados and experience another Couples in our lovely Island! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your stay with us absolutely wonderful!
    will be booking this soon. What kind of equipment should we expect at the gym? We are hoping it will be at least similar to CN

Hi Paula

I have been reading the comments for some time on Trip advisor about the Casuarina Hotel. I am a long time contributor to their web site. I was very impressed that Paula Worrell, the Guest Relations Manager, took the time to reply to many of the reviews. I believe that I would be correct in thinking that you are the same person.

We are hoping to return to Barbados from August 20 - 3 September for our 51 Wedding Anniversary. We normally go to Couples Negril. We actually had a tour of your Hotel last week when we were vacationing in Barbados for a month. Liked it very much. Once all the rooms are renovatd etc. it should be excellent. Your staff are getting very good reviews. Glad to see that 90% are being kept on. That is what we love about Couples the great staff. Just waiting to here from Randymon if the diving is going to be increased for a 2 weeks stay. Either that or what it will cost. I have several letters on the Message Board regarding this.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast