Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thanks for posting this for our information. Barbados is indeed a unique island with lovely people.

FYI to all:

In Barbados, new laws have been enacted which prohibit smoking in "covered" locations, including all hotel rooms.

Couples Resorts

Randy, I certainly hope this doesn't apply to the patio areas.
    Socal and Sintown
    CN 6/2014
    CB 6/2013
    CTI 6/2012

Just found the updated answer to my question about diving. It was dated March 18 from Randymon under the heading "Coming soon Barbados". I was only checking under "All things Barbados" There will now be 4 dives per couple or 8 dives total for a stay of 14 nights+. This applies to us. Great news.

Hello Shirleyj,

i have no doubt it will similar or better as a new gym is being refurbished and will definately be in use for Couples Barbados! looking forward to seeing you!

Hello Bobbyh,

thank you for your kind comments, you are very correct, I am the same person. We are all eager and excited to be part of the Couples Brand and looking forward to have all of you feel the same love for Couples Barbados as the other Couples Resorts. Looking forward to seeing you and your wife!

I would like to know this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AAS View Post
    I know it is a total of 4 scuba dives per room per trip. Can you tell us how much additional dives will be? If not do you have a vendor contact? Thanks
    I've read these messages and have not seen an answer to this question. How many dives can be made per day and what would it cost for extra dives / dive package?

Also will there be a fast food type hut that offers hamburgers and such?

Quote Originally Posted by paulabarbados View Post
    hello shirleyj,

i have no doubt it will similar or better as a new gym is being refurbished and will definately be in use for couples barbados! Looking forward to seeing you!
    thank you paula! Had no doubt !! Booking today!

We're booked for the week of the 15th! We'll be there to celebrate our first anniversary with 3 other couples and we can't wait!

We appreciate all the information being provided and questions answered in this thread too!

Default Ocean View One Bedroom Suite

Hello,

For the Ocean View One Bedroom Suite at Couples Barbados, are the rooms only available on the top floors? When I look at the Google Earth view, it appears that the resort is surrounded by trees, and the ocean is not visible. Can we be assured that if we book a ocean view room, we will be able to view the ocean.

Thanks

Hi, I booked our first connecting flight ever that will take us to Couples Barbados for the last week of the $1000 off deal from Oct. 19th thru 26th out of Philly and actually the flight times aren't that bad. We leave Philly at 6 am. on Sat. the 19th connect in Miami and arrive in Bridgetown at 1:20 p.m. Our return leaves Barbados at 2:20 p.m. connects thru Miami and gets into Philly at 11:30 p.m. on Saturday night. I think it's worth it to visit a new island.
    The flights are only $557 pp round trip and with the discount offered from Couples it's cheaper to go to Barbados than to Jamaica.
    Very excited about our upcoming trip! Kathy K

How far or how much time would it take from the airport to the resort? Also what is the name of the airport?

Default The one advantage

Quote Originally Posted by EricW View Post
    Was it ever clarified if long pants will be required for men at all of the restaurants? I'll have to stick to my usual CN if I am going to be required to wear slacks, socks and shoes in the tropics with no option for less formal. BTW, I am not asking to be a scurveball, I do not go out in the evening at Couples without collared shirt, dress shorts and dress sandals. If this comment ignites a debate about what type of dress is nice enough, may I ask that only the men participate in the debate. The ladies who are allowed to wear capris and short dresses with sandals are not allowed in this debate since you are not the ones being forced to put long pants and closed shoes on.
    Eric, you've hit on the ONE instance where we women have an advantage. I admit that I feel sorry for my husband when he has to put on long pants to go to one of the nicer restaurants at any of the Couples resorts. The poor man gets so hot! Not that I want the policy changed, mind you. I like seeing the men dressed up along with the women. In the case of elegant dress in the tropics, we women definitely get the advantage! We can wear a beautiful short dress that shows bare shoulders and back and not only do we look elegant, we often look sexy, too. Sorry, guys!

Dress code questions haven't been answered. What will the requirements for each restaurant be?

Hoping long pants aren't required everywhere!

The Airport is called Grantley Adams. It is only a 15 minute drive to Couples. There are several duty free shops which all have the same prices. There is also a little sandwich shop where you can buy reasonably priced sandwiches for the flight if your airline does not provide food. In the middle of the small Food Court there is a little round bar that has daily specials.

We returned from Barbados a couple of weeks ago and have booked to go to Couples for 2 weeks in August. It is a pretty island with beautiful beaches and lovely helpful people.

Quote Originally Posted by lexi9952 View Post
    Dress code questions haven't been answered. What will the requirements for each restaurant be?

Hoping long pants aren't required everywhere!
    I've asked several times, and no answers. I understand this may be boring and obvious to those who have been to Couples, but for those of us new to it..... a little help would be nice. It's a simple question, so why no answers? The answers on the FAQs are subjective.
    Someone from Couples, please, give us a straight answer. We just want to enjoy our time there and not have to stress about how to pack.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Countryboy,
    No problem mon,
    This year will be out ninth and tenth time to Couples and as long as you have a collared shirt, long kakhi pants and closed toe shoes you can eat anywhere in any resturant you want. A sundress, or nice capries and a nice sandels for the better half and you will be fine!
    The rule at Couples is no problem mon and they will do everything they can to keep it that way for you.
    Go, enjoy and relax!
    Phinns Up!

hi first time at Couples, tried Sandles found it very much a pressure base for tips, being English we don't normally tip but find it difficult when put under pressure to do so to get service. Looking forward to joining in July this year for 2 weeks rest for my wife a schoolteacher and myself retired disabled 55(Post Polio but mobile a little on legs). We do have a concern ref meal times we are pretty much restricted on luggage allowance from the UK and I am querying the dress codes for Barbados? at meal times my problem is I require special shoes and they will no longer be ready until after the holiday so can I wear sandles ?. Pick up at airport where does one go to ?, we are not upper class nor rich but I am a romantic at heart. Do you have the room designs yet? paying extra for a oceanview room as I understand Mozzies like me, can we submit directly to the hotel allergies, and room fridge requirement before we arrive? my wife has nasty reactions to orange and red wine me I eat anything!!, did think of brining my wheelchair but its a long way, do you have one for guests to use? as I fatigue quickly, we are arriving a little late from Manchester with Vigin atlantic but are already yearning to be there even if the bank is not!!

I asked this question a while back, but it seems to have been missed. All the information was saying a new pool and Jacuzzi were part of the refurb, since the couples site no longer states this, is it not happening immediately? It is still shown here ...
    Couples Resorts Barbados

We have been to CTI and CN many times. They don't all "require" long pants. Only a few of the restaurants do. The others only require a shirt with sleeves.

I just want to confirm that Barbados will be the same. Who wants to wear long pants? Certainly not my husband.

Quote Originally Posted by papagray View Post
    hi first time at Couples, tried Sandles found it very much a pressure base for tips, being English we don't normally tip but find it difficult when put under pressure to do so to get service. Looking forward to joining in July this year for 2 weeks rest for my wife a schoolteacher and myself retired disabled 55(Post Polio but mobile a little on legs). We do have a concern ref meal times we are pretty much restricted on luggage allowance from the UK and I am querying the dress codes for Barbados? at meal times my problem is I require special shoes and they will no longer be ready until after the holiday so can I wear sandles ?. Pick up at airport where does one go to ?, we are not upper class nor rich but I am a romantic at heart. Do you have the room designs yet? paying extra for a oceanview room as I understand Mozzies like me, can we submit directly to the hotel allergies, and room fridge requirement before we arrive? my wife has nasty reactions to orange and red wine me I eat anything!!, did think of brining my wheelchair but its a long way, do you have one for guests to use? as I fatigue quickly, we are arriving a little late from Manchester with Vigin atlantic but are already yearning to be there even if the bank is not!!
    Papagray - I'm sure you will love both the Couples Barbados and the island itself. If you have any concerns, I suggest contacting the resort directly and let them know about your mobility issues, and your wife's allergies. They can let you know if a wheelchair is available and will answer all of your concerns. We went to Couples Sans Souci this year and during our stay, my husband stepped on a sea urchin with his big toe. That evening we had reservations at the Cassanova that requires closed toed shoes but we contacted the restaurant prior to arrival requesting that he wear his sandals because he could't get his shoes one. They allowed us in with no problem. Enjoy your stay - we're seriously looking at this resort for 2014

forgot one question
    the snorkelling is equipment supplied? masks flippers etc..
    cheers

Hello Randymon,

You mentioned that the dress code for evenings will be resort elegant. Exactly what does it mean? Sorry about that kind of stupid question, but we have never stayed in such a hotel before and we would like to be prepared

Agota

my wife and I have been to couples swept away 3 times and the snorkeling equipment is always provided, try the night snorkeling adventure, it is great!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast