Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    FYI to all:

In Barbados, new laws have been enacted which prohibit smoking in "covered" locations, including all hotel rooms.
    The smoking laws in Barbados as well as in the UK allow Hoteliers to choose if their bedrooms are smoking or non smoking. As per your post are you putting an all out ban on smoking in your bedrooms? Or will some rooms be smokings or at least the balconies. I much appreciate your response.

Hi Randy - just a few questions, if I may....
    many reviews state:
    there is alot of fish and lamb and not many other choices - will that change? (My hubby and I don't eat either one) - eeek
    the rooms do not have fridges - will that change?
    Thanks,
    R

Hi Randy,
    Are reno's on track for June? I have been reading current reviews on Tripadvisor and it does not sound good. Also, will Dover have some no sea food options? Thanks, Emilee

Randymon,

PLEASE tell me we will have Blue Mountain Coffee at Couples Barbados!!!!

Its tough trying to make 10bls last in Texas.

Thanks
    DaveRhonda

Default golf?

HI- Our announcement of Couples Barbados has created a flurry of questions from you all. :-)

So that I/we may address them all and keep them together in one location, please use this thread to ask your questions. Thank so much. We look forward to liming with you in Barbados
    Hello R-mon, we will be there June 22 and I was wondering if we should call the golf club directly for tee times? Waiting until we get there may be too late. Also, is there a limit on number of games? The website says unlimited! We know we will need to pay for a cart.
    Thanks,
    JojoLizzie

Willow:

All rooms at Couples Barbados will be non-smoking. There is ample space outdoors, uncovered, for those who wish to smoke.

Couples Resorts

Randy:

Please provide an update on the renovations. The reviews I have seen online seem to indicate very little renovations are actually being done. What is the status of the room renovations, the new pool/jacuzzi, gym, piano bar, etc.? Are the renovations on track to be finished in June, or are things being pushed back? Thank you!

Hey Randymon, adding to the previous two requests - an update on your progress would be great! The Tripadvisor reviews are very 50/50 and not only have we booked for the end of June, but have also talked 2 other couples into coming with us. Feeling much pressure and would love some re-assurance that you are busy weaving your Couples Magic

Hi Randy, I know you are busy but we have not heard from you since March 21 - it would be great to have an update. Thanks.

I have a couple of questions;
    Do you know how much each dive will be after the initial four dives are used up?
    The current dress code policy for dinner is long pants for men. Is there any chance of relaxing this so it's similar to CN?
    Thanks

JD

Randymon... We're looking to book CB for Dec ...but can't decide about the room category. Even though an ocean view is nice, we do like lush garden rooms. Are there frogs like in Jamaica? How many floors are the garden room buildings? Are specific categories in specific buildings? Do you have any photos of those? I only see the ocean building 1 in the photos. In that building, are all the rooms the ocean view rooms? It seems that at the lower level the view could be blocked by the trees? Hope your reply is posted before we book this weekend (but I guess we could always change it). So excited we're not only going back to Barbados, but back to Couples too!!

Randymon -
    We would like to book Barbados prior to April 24 to take advantage of the 2014 7th night free promotion.
    I've checked the website under "accommodations" and find that I can't access photos of each room category, which makes it hard to book. Can you check this out and get back to me? 5 days and counting until the booking deadline.... it's a leap of faith to leave Negril, but we're ready for the challenge! We be liming soon!
    Thanks for your help!
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

To answer several questions:

All renovations are either on or ahead of schedule.

All rooms and (by law) covered areas are non-smoking. There are plenty of open spaces for smokers.

All rooms and suites in Building 1 are considered Ocean View.

No updated room shots. Sorry. The rooms are essentially in very good shape. We are simply painting and changing our the soft furnishings, ie curtains, bedspreads, pillows, etc.

All rooms will have personalized mini-bars

Menus have been updated. Chef Spath has done it again! In fact, we have already begun to introduce some of the new menu items.

Free Scuba Dive - PADI and NAUI certified divers only.

One dive per couple per stay of 3-6 nights, or 2 total per stay
    Two dives per couple per stay of 7-13 nights, or 4 total per stay
    Four dives per couple per stay of 14+ nights, or 8 total per stay
    We are negotiating the cost of extra dives, but anticipate them being in the neighborhood of around $80 each.
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; April 25th, 2013 at 04:59 PM.

Couples Resorts

Default Dress code..I think a lot of us would like to know...long pants or not?

All rooms and (by law) covered areas are non-smoking. There are plenty of open spaces for smokers.

No updated room shots. Sorry. The rooms are essentially in very good shape. We ...are simply painting and changing our the soft furnishings, ie curtains, bedspreads, pillows, etc.

Menus have been updated. Chef Spath has done it again! In fact, we have already begun to introduce some of the new menu items.

Free Scuba Dive - PADI certified divers only. Checking on NAUI certification.

We are negotiating the cost of extra dives, but anticipate them being in the neighborhood of around $80 each.
    Randy..still no answer on the dress code for man...long pants and closed shoes for all restaurants??

Golf??
    Do we book tee times through Couples or with golf club directly?
    Thanks-

Book golf times at resort.

Men - shorts during the day, slacks at night.

Couples Resorts

I am guessing that one of the restaurants will end up with a dress code that allows dress shorts for men. There are far too many people who book through Orbitz or Travelocity or an agent who don't do the proper research before they travel. Newbies who have never been to Couples do not know that this message board exists so they are uninformed. There WILL be men show up for vacation without slacks whether we like it or not. Is managment going to tell them that they have no option for dinner in the evening? I highly doubt it. BTW I will have slacks when I arrive in Feb in anticipation of following the dress code. Even though I don't like to wear pants in the tropics I will suck it up to visit a new Island and still be able to go to Couples.

Book golf times at resort.

Men - shorts during the day, slacks at night.
    Really? At ALL restaurants? Not even nice dress shorts with button up shirt? Hubby is not going to be happy about 8 nights of long pants!
    Is this posted on the website? Could be a deal breaker for some, and certainly something men should be warned of so they pack lots of pants instead of shorts.

No updated room shots. Sorry. The rooms are essentially in very good shape. We are simply painting and changing our the soft furnishings, ie curtains, bedspreads, pillows, etc.

Free Scuba Dive - PADI certified divers only. Checking on NAUI certification.

Figures free diving for PADI, because I have NAUI. Also how many dives per day? Our main reason for coming are couples togetherness and diving!

Thanks

Evening dinner dress code:

Dover Grill - Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed.

Waves - Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed.

Enid's (Stay tuned - we're going to launch a naming contest) - Dress: Resort Casual (beach cover up, footwear required)

Beach Grill - No Dress code, swimwear acceptable

Couples Resorts

Thanks for all the updates Randymon! Another really important question: Will you be serving Dirty Bananas @ Couples Barbados?

Dover Grill - Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed.

Waves - Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed-toe shoes or dress sandals for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No flip flops, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed.

Enid's (Stay tuned - we're going to launch a naming contest) - Dress: Resort Casual (beach cover up, footwear required)

Randy, will Couples have a place or lounge at the airport in Barbados (BGI) to catch a bus/shuttle to the resort?
    Socal and Sintown
    CN 6/2014
    CB 6/2013
    CTI 6/2012

Don't mean to be a pain. I just want to know how to pack so we can follow the rules. He won't like the long pants rule, but can always change back to nice shorts after dinner.
    Dresses only for the ladies? No capri pants? I usually mix it up, but I might as well leave those at home then.

Honestly, Couples has a lot of dress code terminology...
    resort casual
    resort chic
    resort elegant
    cocktail elegant
    elegant casual
    no dress code

I'm sorry, but I'm a bit confused about the dining options too. It does seem there are less dining options than the other resorts.
    I thought Waves is the buffet option, which becomes a la carte at night, right? The buffet is usually the less formal evening option. Not at CB? So it's casual by day (how casual?) and more formal (pants/dresses) by night?
    Dover Grill - lunch and dinner? Casual for lunch and more formal (pants/dresses) for dinner?
    Enids - No dress code? I thought this was open for dinner only? Is it becoming the casual beach grill? ...or.. is there one?
    Is there anywhere to dine in the evening where long pants and dresses are not required? Enid's?
    No beach party or gala, right?
    Where will the repeaters dinner be held?

Another scuba question...I apologize if it is answered elsewhere, I haven't dug through all of the threads. We also found Couples because diving is included, my husband dives and I just hang out. My husband has SSI certification, but is a Master Diver with several specialties. He has never had any issues with diving at the Jamaican couples. Will he be able to dive in Barbadoes? We are wanting to book soon, but it would be a deal-breaker if he couldn't dive without taking a beginner cert. course.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast