Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default All Things Barbados

HI- Our announcement of Couples Barbados has created a flurry of questions from you all. :-)

So that I/we may address them all and keep them together in one location, please use this thread to ask your questions. Thank so much. We look forward to liming with you in Barbados

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    HI- Our announcement of Couples Barbados has created a flurry of questions from you all. :-)

So that I/we may address them all and keep them together in one location, please use this thread to ask your questions. Thank so much. We look forward to liming with you in Barbados
    Liming?????? Randy, I've never been to Barbados but that sounds kinky! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    Liming?????? Randy, I've never been to Barbados but that sounds kinky! LOL
    LOL. Liming just means hanging out.

What happens to existing romance reward points earned at the Jamaican resorts?

Default Snorkeling, rough seas, and dining options.

I had a couple questions about snorkeling. How many trips per day are you doing for the guests? How rough are the seas right off the beach? We bring our own snorkel gear and love to snorkel right off the beach. We also love to float in the sea on the mats that Couples provides and know that CTI and CSS have mostly calm waters because of a natural break or cove. A couple questions about dining. How far in advance do you book reservations for dinner? Will we have a problem with getting a seat where and when we want to since there could potentially be 560 other guests on the property with only three restaurants? I see Dover grill, Waves a buffet for lunch and breakfast which turns into an ala cart for dinner, and then Enid's which is Caribbean food. Which one of these are open air dining? Which one of these are fine dining( Like your 8 rivers at CTI or CSS's Casanova's)? One of our favorite things is getting dressed to the nines and going for a fancy dinner while on vacation in JA. Are you going to post example menus soon for all of these restaurants just like you have for all of the dining options in JA? I am getting ready to book at least a week stay in 2014 (when you release the rates for 2014) and need to know these things before I make a decision on a vacation to JA or Barbados. We also wanted to comment we fly for free (cc rewards) and cannot take advantage of the 1000$ credit (we'd also have to stay over one night in Texas to do your flights) and we are not willing to sacrifice a vacation day for travel. Wish there was more than just the 7th night free for people booking way early. Perhaps a room credit

Hi Randymon
    Are the golf greenfees unlimited. Are there extras for caddies?
    Thanks

Thanks Randy, we are booked for 2 weeks in April at CN and a week in Barbados for October. do the Romance rewards benifit us in Barbados as we are at the top level from all of our Jamaica visits?
    CN 2003,2004,2005,2009,2010,2011,2x 2012,2x2013
    CSS 2006,2007
    CSA 2010,2011,2012
    CB 2013

Default Snorkeling

This may of already been brought up but I did not see it anywhere about snorkeling :/

Randymon, will our Romance Rewards benefits apply at Couples Barbados? Will we retain our level status? Really considering trying Barbados next year.

What kind of beer will be available? What US carriers fly there?

Forgot one. What will be the smoking policy?

Default Is the $1000 air credit not working?

I'm trying to book an 8 night trip to Couples Barbados, and it's only a couple hundred dollars less than a comparable room on the same nights at CSA, despite the $1000 credit. Is the credit not going through correctly, or is Couples Barbados really that much more expensive than the Jamaica Couples?

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorker View Post
    I'm trying to book an 8 night trip to Couples Barbados, and it's only a couple hundred dollars less than a comparable room on the same nights at CSA, despite the $1000 credit. Is the credit not going through correctly, or is Couples Barbados really that much more expensive than the Jamaica Couples?
    Pretty sure it's the airfare that is crazy expensive even with the credit...

Hi Randy
    Thanks for starting this thread....and you are right. Being frequent visitors to san souci and sunset beach our number one question is will there be an au natual beach.... ???? please say yes.... We love Jamaica but would also love to try another country but are not willing to give up all that the couples brand gives us. We look forward to hearing all about Barbados.
    :-)
    csr

I have been to Barbados and lived there. There are no au natural beaches or sunbathing there. It is illegal to even go topless.

Quote Originally Posted by csr View Post
    Hi Randy
    Thanks for starting this thread....and you are right. Being frequent visitors to san souci and sunset beach our number one question is will there be an au natual beach.... ???? please say yes.... We love Jamaica but would also love to try another country but are not willing to give up all that the couples brand gives us. We look forward to hearing all about Barbados.
    :-)
    csr
    None of the beaches in Barbados are au natural, so they can't be at any resort.

Thanks for that-

So what's the possibility and/or feasibility that construction/renovations will be done by mid-June? Also since Almond was still taking reservations will be there be non-couples and/or families there this summer?

When will we get to see a resort layout map with the room type locations? We have been to the other resorts and know them.

Is there any au natural at Couples Barbados?

Quote Originally Posted by ilorangiv View Post
    Is there any au natural at Couples Barbados?
    Sorry, but none of the beaches in Barbados are au natural.

Randymon,

Will there be floaties on every chair, or is that a Jamaica thing? It may be a minor detail, but its huge for us. Love floating in the ocean, although I know that Barbados beach is not as calm as Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by grayturtless View Post
    Randymon,

Will there be floaties on every chair, or is that a Jamaica thing? It may be a minor detail, but its huge for us. Love floating in the ocean, although I know that Barbados beach is not as calm as Jamaica.
    Did a search, but can't seem to see the answer to this. If it has been answered can someone post where to find it?

Quote Originally Posted by atthebeach View Post
    Did a search, but can't seem to see the answer to this. If it has been answered can someone post where to find it?
    I read that there would not be any floaties due to rougher waters at this resort.

Reply from randymon on 11/02
    "Yes to Hammocks. No to floaties for now. Yes to beach flag service."

Quote Originally Posted by joobeloo View Post
    Reply from randymon on 11/02
    "Yes to Hammocks. No to floaties for now. Yes to beach flag service."
    Thanks for the answer. Randymon, can you explain what you mean by "for now"? Will there be floats at a later date? When?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast