Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default All Things Barbados

HI- Our announcement of Couples Barbados has created a flurry of questions from you all. :-)

So that I/we may address them all and keep them together in one location, please use this thread to ask your questions. Thank so much. We look forward to liming with you in Barbados

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    HI- Our announcement of Couples Barbados has created a flurry of questions from you all. :-)

So that I/we may address them all and keep them together in one location, please use this thread to ask your questions. Thank so much. We look forward to liming with you in Barbados
    Liming?????? Randy, I've never been to Barbados but that sounds kinky! LOL

What happens to existing romance reward points earned at the Jamaican resorts?

Default Snorkeling, rough seas, and dining options.

I had a couple questions about snorkeling. How many trips per day are you doing for the guests? How rough are the seas right off the beach? We bring our own snorkel gear and love to snorkel right off the beach. We also love to float in the sea on the mats that Couples provides and know that CTI and CSS have mostly calm waters because of a natural break or cove. A couple questions about dining. How far in advance do you book reservations for dinner? Will we have a problem with getting a seat where and when we want to since there could potentially be 560 other guests on the property with only three restaurants? I see Dover grill, Waves a buffet for lunch and breakfast which turns into an ala cart for dinner, and then Enid's which is Caribbean food. Which one of these are open air dining? Which one of these are fine dining( Like your 8 rivers at CTI or CSS's Casanova's)? One of our favorite things is getting dressed to the nines and going for a fancy dinner while on vacation in JA. Are you going to post example menus soon for all of these restaurants just like you have for all of the dining options in JA? I am getting ready to book at least a week stay in 2014 (when you release the rates for 2014) and need to know these things before I make a decision on a vacation to JA or Barbados. We also wanted to comment we fly for free (cc rewards) and cannot take advantage of the 1000$ credit (we'd also have to stay over one night in Texas to do your flights) and we are not willing to sacrifice a vacation day for travel. Wish there was more than just the 7th night free for people booking way early. Perhaps a room credit

Hi Randymon
    Are the golf greenfees unlimited. Are there extras for caddies?
    Thanks

Thanks Randy, we are booked for 2 weeks in April at CN and a week in Barbados for October. do the Romance rewards benifit us in Barbados as we are at the top level from all of our Jamaica visits?
    CN 2003,2004,2005,2009,2010,2011,2x 2012,2x2013
    CSS 2006,2007
    CSA 2010,2011,2012
    CB 2013

Default Snorkeling

This may of already been brought up but I did not see it anywhere about snorkeling :/

Randymon, will our Romance Rewards benefits apply at Couples Barbados? Will we retain our level status? Really considering trying Barbados next year.

What kind of beer will be available? What US carriers fly there?

Forgot one. What will be the smoking policy?

Default Is the $1000 air credit not working?

I'm trying to book an 8 night trip to Couples Barbados, and it's only a couple hundred dollars less than a comparable room on the same nights at CSA, despite the $1000 credit. Is the credit not going through correctly, or is Couples Barbados really that much more expensive than the Jamaica Couples?

Hi Randy
    Thanks for starting this thread....and you are right. Being frequent visitors to san souci and sunset beach our number one question is will there be an au natual beach.... ???? please say yes.... We love Jamaica but would also love to try another country but are not willing to give up all that the couples brand gives us. We look forward to hearing all about Barbados.
    :-)
    csr

Thanks for that-

So what's the possibility and/or feasibility that construction/renovations will be done by mid-June? Also since Almond was still taking reservations will be there be non-couples and/or families there this summer?

When will we get to see a resort layout map with the room type locations? We have been to the other resorts and know them.

Is there any au natural at Couples Barbados?

Randymon,

Will there be floaties on every chair, or is that a Jamaica thing? It may be a minor detail, but its huge for us. Love floating in the ocean, although I know that Barbados beach is not as calm as Jamaica.

Hi, looking at booking a trip to Barbados the first week in July. Will there still be construction going on then ?

RandyMon
    2 Questions, Will Ground transportation from airport to resort be provided by Couples as all other Jamacia Couples Resorts does now?
    I have read that no Au natural will be allowed in Barbados
    Does this include women lounging or sunning on beach topless as well?

If that was a typo randymon, then forgive me, but I have to ask (with no sarcasm intended), ....what is liming?
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom

So excited to see a Couples coming soon to Barbados. Looking at celebrating my hubands 60th at Barbados in June with family and friends. His birthday is actually in May but is willing to wait for the opening. He loves Couples San Souci and this gives us another opportunity to visit another island island with Couples.
    A few questions:

It appears the Resort is on the Southern side of the island but not really on the Atlantic side? The water didn't look that rough in google earth but looking at comments from the Casuarina Beach Resort some say the ocean is rough at the resort so don't plan on enjoying the calm Caribbean Sea. Is the beach here full of waves? I do see up the coast line it looks much more clam like the Caribbean Sea I'm use to. If it does have waves, I do see that you are offering the Hobby Cats at Barbados. Will these actually be able to be used? Also wondering since I enjoy relaxing floating on your rafts in the ocean is it possible to lay on the rafts in the ocean or will the waves just pull you in? Not that these are true deciding points, just want to know what to expect once we get there.

Last question. Someone did post this but I can't find it now. One mentioned that some of the balconys are french balconys. I believe you mentioned that these (21) will be in a different category. I don't see different categorys for these balconys. How would one know what type of balcony they are getting?

Thanks and looking forward to you opening.
    Linda

Just booked a week in November...can't wait to see Couples Barbados after 4 times visiting Couples Negril Sure hope it's as good!!

Hi Randymon!
    Do you have a "guestimate" as to when all the refurbishments to Couples Barbados will be completed?

Default Scuba diving

Was delighted to see that there will be 4 dives per room. Would be even more delighted if it were changed to per week instead of per stay. We always go for 2 weeks and my husband loves to dive. We plan to book so that we will be in Barbados at Couples for our 51st Wedding Anniversary on September 1. We are actually going to Barbados for a month on February 13th. I love to snorkel. I read that there will be snorkelling. Since you do not have your own boats how often will this be offered?

Thanks Randy

Will CB have the wonderful loungers and especially the floats/chair cushions that we know and love?

HI to all:

What is Liming? Think of it as simply a week long Saturday night out with friends... OR, more specifically: "concept of liming encompasses any leisure activity entailing the sharing of food and drink, the exchange of tall stories, jokes and anecdotes etc., provided the activity has no explicit purpose beyond itself."

Romance Rewards benefits will also apply to Couples Barbados.

Dragonfeathr: There will be one snorkeling trip per day. The waters off the beach can be rough, depending on the time of day and time of year. Early morning is probably the calmest time. There are three open air restaurants AND a beach grill, and room service. Reservations are accepted up to 48 hours prior. Dover Grill will be where the "finest" dining will be although Chef Spath will certainly not disappoint at any of the restaurants. Consider the $1000 as simply a discount, not just as an air credit. If you travel for free on your flight, you still receive $1000 off.

Banks Beer is the locally brewed Bajan Beer. Tasty. American Airlines, USAIR and JetBlue are the current U.S. carriers. We anticipate more once the resort on the map.

No smoking in any of the restaurants or public areas. Same policy as in Jamaica.

Couples Barbados will be priced similarly to Couples Swept Away.

RE: all questions about "construction"...As stated in the January 14, 2013 press release, Couples Resorts will take over the management and operation of Almond Casuarina Beach resort on February 10, 2013. On or about that date, Couples will initiate a program to enhance and upgrade some facilities. During the improvements phase we will work to the best of our abilities to minimize impact on guests experience; much of it will be done inside existing rooms and facilities with no disruption of daily activities. We anticipate most, if not all, improvements to be completed by June 15.

We will produce a resort map. You can also see the resort on Google Earth, under the name Almond Casuarina Beach Resort, Barbados Name:  ACB.jpg
Views: 18606
Size:  120.5 KB

Golf Green Fees are unlimited. Yes, Cart and Caddie tips are extra.

Nudity is not permitted in Barbados.

All Beaches in Barbados are public. That said, there is very little traffic compared, say, to Couples Swept Away.

The resort is spread out, but nearly all facilities are accessible to those people with disabilities. There are no officially sanctioned handicapped rooms.

One Bedroom Garden Suite is the category with French Balconies.
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; February 4th, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

Couples Resorts

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast