Default Island - Pool???

Can someone give me some information about the pool on the island. How big is it? What is water depth? Does it have a swim up bar? Are there steps into it or a ladder? Thanks for any information.

It's a small pool (you won't be swimming laps in it), three-step ladder gets you into it. It's about 3 1/2 to 4 feet deep. There is a swim-up bar with several seats, and several tables to sit/stand at.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Basically the "pool" is large enough to provide water around the "swim" up bar and that is it. Waist high. Small (maybe 10' by 30'?). Tables and bar "stools". There is a ladder or you can sit on the side and ease yourself in.

The pool is relatively small, not large enough for swimming. It is about waist high. There is a ladder and it does have a swim up bar.

The pool is pretty small. It has built in bar stools for a swim up bar (about 5 or six) and a few built in tables to stand around and put your drink on. There is a standard pool ladder to get in and out, but its not very deep maybe 4 to 4 1/2 feet so you can easily hop in or out off of the edge (not very graceful looking sometimes when your naked though). Its great for cooling off, getting a drink, socializing, etc.

It's about 36" deep, no shallow or deep end. Small pool with swim up bar & built in tables with a sitting area around the perimeter. There is a ladder.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    Name:  Tower Island pool & bar.jpg
Views: 2711
Size:  46.7 KB
    Was totally there for a week and never realized there was a step ladder to get in and out of that thing.. whooops o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Siouangal3 View Post
    Was totally there for a week and never realized there was a step ladder to get in and out of that thing.. whooops o_O
    Haha...yep, the island sure can be "intoxicating"!

Great, now I'm suddenly mentally picturing what I must've looked like from the back when I would hop out of the pool by hopping up on the side!

Jason

As small as the pool is, you can still put a floatie in it (if not too crowded)

Quote Originally Posted by warren.cple View Post
    Great, now I'm suddenly mentally picturing what I must've looked like from the back when I would hop out of the pool by hopping up on the side!

Jason
    Ha! Same here.. Man, oh man.. thats embarassing.

Siouangal3

Too funny!!!

I seem to recall on past trips that the pool bar had an ipod docking station. Has anyone who has been there recently know if this is still the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Della Where View Post
    I seem to recall on past trips that the pool bar had an ipod docking station. Has anyone who has been there recently know if this is still the case?
    We were there at the end of april and someone did hook up their IPOD and play some tunes.

We just got back a few weeks ago...I don't recall an ipod docking station...most of the time the bartender would play music...there was a couple that brought their own music.

Quote Originally Posted by ct ti fan View Post
    As small as the pool is, you can still put a floatie in it (if not too crowded)
    Please don't put a floatie in the pool at TI, unless you're the only couple over there. Trust me...it's close quarters and although we are all naked, none of us wants an eye level view of anyone else's junk on a floatie. We witnessed this last year and it was actually quite awkward.

Please. And thank you.

I totally disagree about not being able to enjoy a nice doze on the floatie....my husband enjoys sitting at the bar and keeping my floatie from floating away. One always has the option to avert their eyes just as I do every time someone walks by or climbs in and out of the pool.

I'm all for a volleyball net in the pool.

Just left the island after our first time and I have to say it's wonderful! I'm not sure a volleyball net would work though,not quite enough room. As for the floatie, I say go for it, everyone there was very laid back just make sure you stay respectable.

There's plenty pf room in the ocean for floaties. The pool is not big enough or the place unless you are on the mainland.