Default Should we do the " One Love Pub Crawl"?

We have been hearing so much about this relatively new activity. We will be returning to CN for our 6th visit and were looking for an alternative to the usual Margaritaville jaunt. This seems to have gotten really good reviews. Has anyone ever gone on this? Do you know what days Delbert runs the bus? Is it worth spending an afternoon away from our beloved Bloody Bay and favorite staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicanushappy View Post
    We have been hearing so much about this relatively new activity. We will be returning to CN for our 6th visit and were looking for an alternative to the usual Margaritaville jaunt. This seems to have gotten really good reviews. Has anyone ever gone on this? Do you know what days Delbert runs the bus? Is it worth spending an afternoon away from our beloved Bloody Bay and favorite staff?
    And should you pay for booze when all you want you can get for free at Couples?
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Absolutely! It's a lot of fun and its a great way to experience a little bit of the cliff area. Even though my husband and I had already spent a lot of time on the cliffs over the past couple years,we went on the crawl in December from CSA and loved it!. Can't recommend it enough!
    Back in December I think the scheduled days were Wednesday and Friday. But with the popularity I wouldn't be surprised if more days are added. Just email Lenbert at bananaznegril@hotmail.com

Email Lenbert when you are going and he will tell you which days of the week he is doing when you are the. It changes with the season. I know in April he is doing wednesday, fridays, and sundays.

His email is bananaznegril@hotmail.com

For us it is a must do, and worth leaving the resort for. You get to see a different part of Negril, meet lots of locals, and have a great time with the other passengers. And if you don't like it, just take a cab back to CN.

If you've never been to the west end (cliffs), then I would recommend you either do the pub crawl (Wednesday's, I believe) or just take a route taxi and spend an afternoon/evening on the cliffs. Try a dinner at LTU or Ivans. Completely different vibe on the cliffs vs beach.

We did the pub crawl on a Wednesday in November. Lenbert picked us up at 2:20 and had us back to the resort by 6:30. It was an awesome, good time...met alot of people, saw 7 different pubs, had the best pizza ever at Bella Donnas, drank a fair bit of beer. Definitely do it....just remember to tip the driver.....and bring alot of small bills for your drinks, some pubs didn't do change very well. Also, you will run into alot of locals....if you have it, bring candy, school supplies, whatever for the children.

Yes, you should. And the driver's name in Lenbert, by the way.

I've done it a couple of times and it is a great time. The bus begins picking people up at the north end of Bloody Bay at around 2:00 PM on Wednesdays and Fridays. You can flag them down along the Beach Road if you see them, but it is best to contact them ahead of time to arrange for a pickup. Call 876.874.6631 or email bananaznegril@hotmail.com. They'll return you to your resort after sunset and you'll still have time to eat dinner (although somewaht late for some people).

The ride is "free". Just tip the driver a few dollars. There are no "set bars" that they go to. It changes from week to week and is not predictable. They tend to go to the places in the West End that are not the stereo typical tourist stops. In other words, I don't think they'll go to Rick's. I think we stopped at about six different places for about a half hour to fourty-five minutes each. They'll put you at a bar on the sea side of the road for sunset.

Here's a link to some Trip Advisor reviews and pictures of the bus. Kinda reminds me of the Partridge Family...lol

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...h_Jamaica.html
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicanushappy View Post
    I'm interested too. My wife and I will be at CSA Feb 25 thru March 3 and would really like to do this.

I am doing the One Love Bus Tour on 6 Mar, coming home on 13 Mar - I will let you know afterwards. All of the reviews that I have read sound wonderful. I think that it will definately be worth it to see some of the local bars/pubs.

Jenni

Sounds like a blast!! We are going to CSS in three weeks. Does anyone know if they do the pub crawl in Ocho Rios??

You talked us into it! I just emailed Lenbert! Ya Mon!

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    And should you pay for booze when all you want you can get for free at Couples?
    It's not just about the booze...it's about getting out and spending a few hours experiencing the real Negril.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I am doing the One Love Bus Tour on 6 Mar, coming home on 13 Mar - I will let you know afterwards. All of the reviews that I have read sound wonderful. I think that it will definately be worth it to see some of the local bars/pubs.

Jenni
    Lenbert is a very respected, connected local who looks after all his guests from the different resorts. It's nice to pay some dollars to local establishments. You can drink beverages on the bus so no need to buy a new drink at every location. I highly recommend it.

Kat

We did it on our CSA trip over New Years. We went on a friday night because we aren't usually completely jazzed about the beach party although we made it back right before the party started. At that time, Lenbert was going on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. For us, this was a must do and I would absolutely do it again. I realize some will say, and someone already did, that there is no reason to do it because you have to pay for beer. That is true but we like to have other experiences and don't mind paying to do so. We like the feel of some of those little local places and meeting the people. Lenbert was wonderful, the other passengers were laid back and friendly. All the locals were glad to see us and have our business. We visited about 7 bars and were at a local cliff bar with a great view for sunset. Both of us thought it was a trip highlight and would do it again. Disclaimer - we like to drink beer. We are NOT the loud pool bar drunks at the resort but we do like to get into the red stripe so this was up our alley. Everyone else on the bus was pretty festive also. The bars were local, not resort fancy. I know some people have been put off by that but that is exactly what we were looking for.

I would highly recommend it if you consider yourself low maintenance, beer drinker who likes to experience local culture.

Do it, we had pretty packed buss, made friends and even met some one night at the Jungle night club, still stay in contact with them!!

We went on the Pub Crawl last July. LOTS of fun.
    Pizza at Bella Donnas...... MMMmmmm.
    My mouth is watering now. So Good !!!!!

CSA Aug. 2011, July 2012, July 2013, July 2014
    CSS Aug. 2011, Aug. 2014

We did the One Love Pub Crawl last Tuesday (thanks again for setting it up, Becca). If you get enough people together, Lenbert will pick you up almost any day. Lenbert is an excellent host and the bus was comfortable and had air conditioning. Lenbert announced that we would be stopping at 5-6 bars; we ended up stopping at 7. I was glad to have a chance to get off resort and see a part of Negril that we usually don't get to see. We did tip Lenbert, plus spent an average of $15 US at each bar. You can use US or Jamaican money. We got change in both US and Jamaican currency. I had read the Trip Advisor reviews before we left, so I thought I had a good idea of what to expect. However, for our tastes, it was a little bit too long (probably one stop too many). We were off resort from 2:30 until 7:30. Speaking for myself and for a few of the ladies, finding a somewhat clean bathroom in a series of dive bars did become an issue (I'm not picking on Jamaica; this would be an issue in the U.S., too, if we visited a series of dive bars).

Yes, yes, yes - do give this trip a try. You will visit local bars that Jamaicans go to and none of the tourist type places. It is a fun safe excursion of 3 hours or so and you will stop at approx. 6 places with enough time to have one drink at each. We had the best time of all the various trips we have been on during our 14 times to Couples. So what if your drinks are included at the resort, you won't be able to experience the local culture any better than this. Its just FUN! We would tell anyone who will listen to just go, you will have a great time. Drinks cost about $3-5 US and being local establishments you may want to bring some Jamaican currency as these places usually do not get alot of tourists. The driver - Lenbert does this for free to help out the community so please do not forget to tip him. We can't wait to do this again next time back and every single person on our bus said the same.

Quote Originally Posted by John from NJ View Post
    Yes, yes, yes - do give this trip a try. You will visit local bars that Jamaicans go to and none of the tourist type places. It is a fun safe excursion of 3 hours or so and you will stop at approx. 6 places with enough time to have one drink at each. We had the best time of all the various trips we have been on during our 14 times to Couples. So what if your drinks are included at the resort, you won't be able to experience the local culture any better than this. Its just FUN! We would tell anyone who will listen to just go, you will have a great time. Drinks cost about $3-5 US and being local establishments you may want to bring some Jamaican currency as these places usually do not get alot of tourists. The driver - Lenbert does this for free to help out the community so please do not forget to tip him. We can't wait to do this again next time back and every single person on our bus said the same.
    I love Red Stripe but my wife is not a beer drinker and she`s allergic to Pineapple so no rum punch. Can you get a Rum and Coke at most of these bars?
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

This sounds like fun but I am such a light weight when it comes to drinking.
    Is there non-alcoholic drinks available at these bars?
    Cause I'm pretty sure I can not drink at each place. My limit in that amount of time is 2 or 3 beers max.

Yes you should do the pub crawl. We went this past Tuesday and had a blast! Fun local bars and a stop at Choices for a some fantastic local food.

Cathy Joe and Mark - Most of the bars had a wide range of drink selections, not just beer. Most had some sort of soda available.

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    Cathy Joe and Mark - Most of the bars had a wide range of drink selections, not just beer. Most had some sort of soda available.
    You do not have to purchase a new drink at each stop. You can bring unfinished drinks on the bus to the next bars.

Kat