Thread: Topless

Default Topless

Does anyone else wish CTI had a topless area other then the pier or is it just me?

Yes!!

Also at all resorts there are multiple pools, there should be one that allows topless also.

Quote Originally Posted by columbo View Post
    Also at all resorts there are multiple pools, there should be one that allows topless also.
    Thats what we think. Especially at CTI..they have topless on the pier only but who wants to do that. I prefer to to topless and not fully nude and i feel left out there. My husband likes nude but i wish i could go to the island in a tiny little thong.

In September there was a poll, initiated by Randymon, asking the question http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...s-beach-21086/ This ran for a few weeks and the final outcome was overwhelmingly in favour of allowing topless on the beach at CTI.
    My question is what action has followed? Is topless now being permitted on the beach at CTI or is it still prohibited? Perhaps some recent visitors to CTI can give an update and of course an update from Randy would be good.
    It does seem to us an odd rule that topless is not allowed on the beach at an adult only, couples only resort. Pushing topless to the end of the pier also seems odd as this is clearly not far from the beach and in full view of both the beach and much of the hotel, and appears to have zero shade. The other Couples Resorts allow it on the beach, so why is CTI different?

We had no idea about the poll but thanks for filling us in. We hope something has or will change. We agree that it is a little silly that it isn't allowed anywhere but the pier. I mean come one who wants to sit out on that pier all day! I REALLY prefer topless to AN..i certainly don't mind people seeing everything its more of a comfort-ability thing with sitting around and things like that..(alittle weird i know). I really don't think that anyone on the main beach would mind topless. Also, we thought it would be nice if one of the pools was topless as well. After a few trips i really don't think the crowed that hangs at the swim up pool bar would mind..as they are the younger or more fun group!
    Would love to hear from Randymon!

Quote Originally Posted by P+J View Post
    In September there was a poll, initiated by Randymon, asking the question http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...s-beach-21086/ This ran for a few weeks and the final outcome was overwhelmingly in favour of allowing topless on the beach at CTI.
    My question is what action has followed? Is topless now being permitted on the beach at CTI or is it still prohibited? Perhaps some recent visitors to CTI can give an update and of course an update from Randy would be good.
    It does seem to us an odd rule that topless is not allowed on the beach at an adult only, couples only resort. Pushing topless to the end of the pier also seems odd as this is clearly not far from the beach and in full view of both the beach and much of the hotel, and appears to have zero shade. The other Couples Resorts allow it on the beach, so why is CTI different?

we where at CTI in early February, we did not see any women topless on the beach. In fact no women were topless on the pier either.

Quote Originally Posted by mctighth View Post
    We had no idea about the poll but thanks for filling us in. We hope something has or will change. We agree that it is a little silly that it isn't allowed anywhere but the pier. I mean come one who wants to sit out on that pier all day! I REALLY prefer topless to AN..i certainly don't mind people seeing everything its more of a comfort-ability thing with sitting around and things like that..(alittle weird i know). I really don't think that anyone on the main beach would mind topless. Also, we thought it would be nice if one of the pools was topless as well. After a few trips i really don't think the crowed that hangs at the swim up pool bar would mind..as they are the younger or more fun group!
    Would love to hear from Randymon!
    Really? Hmmm big suprise to me! Way to make assumptions.

Absolutely! We were there late January and did go out on both the pier and the island, but it sure would have been nice to be topless just on the beach. We only went on the pier later on the afternoon when the rest of the beach got pretty shaded, and while it was nice in many ways, its distance was sort of annoying. I felt that by being so separate from the rest of the resort, it created a feeling of "otherness" that did bug me a bit.

What has been the reason given for no topless beach area there? Is it just that the island exists and therefore people shouldn't need a topless beach? That seems kind of silly to me if so.

Greetings to all:

This owners of the resort have elected to keep the topless "rules" as is, namely, only on the pier or full nudity on the island.

Couples Resorts