Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default Too scared to enjoy life in the buff...such a shame!

    I have a friend who will be joining us on our trip to CTI, but she is a lil shy and doesn't think she will be able to handle getting naked in front of everyone. Don't worry though, i'm working on her as we speak ;-) lol. But in the event that she does not want to try the au naturel way, does she not get to experience and enjoy going out to the Isle? I thought I heard/read somewhere that the au naturel island was only at certain times. Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default

    Get to pier early, before everyone else, and let the ferry driver know that you're just going over to check it out before everyone else arrives. They're delivering the day's supplies at that time, so it's not usually a problem. Go to the right side of the island, where it's more secluded and she may see that it's not elbow to elbow with naked strangers, which may put her at ease. Just remember that it's time to return to land on the next shuttle if she doesn't want to stay.

    Regards,

    J&L

  3. #3

    Default

    Unless they've changed the rules since I was there, the isle is au naturel all the time. I'm curious, though, you say your "friend" is joining you ("us", as you put it) but does your friend have a travelling companion? Your post makes it sound like your party is a party of three, and I'm wondering how that can be since this is Couples and only couples are allowed?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pchez View Post
    I have a friend who will be joining us on our trip to CTI, but she is a lil shy and doesn't think she will be able to handle getting naked in front of everyone. Don't worry though, i'm working on her as we speak ;-) lol. But in the event that she does not want to try the au naturel way, does she not get to experience and enjoy going out to the Isle? I thought I heard/read somewhere that the au naturel island was only at certain times. Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks!
    I think the island is open for a short period in the morning..before everyone else goes over... Just have her cross over early and go to the right side of the island till she gets comfortable enjoying the island's freedoms. She'll probably spend the day there once she gives it a try.....A few cool drinks wouldn't hurt...... :-)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Sorry, but the island is always Au Naturel, except for the few times its reserved for a private function/wedding. Now I have heard you can get the watersports guys to take you out there right before it opens if she wants to just look around, but she won't be able to stay once it opens.

    Years ago, I'm talking on our first trip to CTI back in mid 90's, they had one day (or may a few hours one morning) that they had a party out on the island for everyone. It was kind of wild with beer bongs, sexy drinking games etc. But haven't seen that in years. It was a blast, but kind of glad they don't do it anymore; less time for us to be au naturel on the island.

    I say get her a few drinks and "nudge" her to give it a try early in the trip. Or lead the way and go out there...maybe they'll join you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    She can ask at the watersports hut to be taken over before or after regular hours to walk around and take photos. She can also pay for an Island dinner which is a great experience. The other option is to get up early and swim over and back.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    The Isle is for AN sunbathing. If she doesn't like it though she can always come back over to the main resort. The best thing to do is get there early and pick out a spot down near the end (away from the pool). This may help her to feel less intimidated about taking her clothes off...which you do once you've "set up camp" (it's not required to get naked on the pier). Have fun!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    I sympathies with you. However, we have been going to CTI since 1995, and have spent most of our hours out on that fantastic little slice of paradise. Bear this in mind. Almost every couple that ever went out there, was in your shoes at one time. And every one of those couples felt the same way about their experience. Incredible. Life changing. Never though they could do it, but after they had, they found it to be one of most empowering experiences they had ever had. And they all returned every day.

    One of t
    he great things about it is, everyone is their with their partner. All strangers on that timid first step.
    Now some of them may not want to share that information with close friends or family. I can understand that. That's okay. Just to know that, as a couple, you faced some of your demons and found them to be really nice folks after all. And they were naked!

    If you are a youngish couple, this will create such memories for you as you meander thru your lives, and memories will be all you have in the end. You both will remember fondly, that first step into a totally new world. And you got undressed and had the best time, ever.

    We're married 45 years. We've been to CTI 34 times. And every single minute we can spend on that island, just feels wonderful to be out there with my wife, and someone I have known for more than fifty years. Believe me, you'll love it.

    And the worst thing that could possibly happen to you, is that you find you really just can't hack it. No problem mon. Just put on your clothes and head back. It's all good mon.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,402

    Default

    For many, it's more difficult to be naked in front of people they know as opposed to complete strangers. Some people just aren't comfortable with it. We've visited the a/n facilities at each of the resorts, and we can take it or leave it; it simply wasn't life altering for us.

    What would completely turn me off, however, would be someone "working on" me. I'm assertive and don't allow people to coerce me into doing things that I don't want to do, and I'm certain you wouldn't want to bully a friend into doing something with which she's just not comfortable.

    Perhaps a better strategy would be to let her do her own thing at the resort while you do your own thing. If she hears how much fun everyone is having on the island and no one is pressuring her to join, perhaps she'll decide to give it a try.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    Unless they've changed the rules since I was there, the isle is au naturel all the time. I'm curious, though, you say your "friend" is joining you ("us", as you put it) but does your friend have a travelling companion? Your post makes it sound like your party is a party of three, and I'm wondering how that can be since this is Couples and only couples are allowed?
    I say "My friend" because her husband is looking forward to the experience as much as we are. No weird love triangles here thank you very much!

    As to everyone else, thank you for your advise! I am going to show her these replies! :-)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    For many, it's more difficult to be naked in front of people they know as opposed to complete strangers. Some people just aren't comfortable with it. We've visited the a/n facilities at each of the resorts, and we can take it or leave it; it simply wasn't life altering for us.

    What would completely turn me off, however, would be someone "working on" me. I'm assertive and don't allow people to coerce me into doing things that I don't want to do, and I'm certain you wouldn't want to bully a friend into doing something with which she's just not comfortable.

    Perhaps a better strategy would be to let her do her own thing at the resort while you do your own thing. If she hears how much fun everyone is having on the island and no one is pressuring her to join, perhaps she'll decide to give it a try.
    She has gone au naturel before, but only with the 4 of us (My fiance and I, and herself and her hubby). Numerous times we have went skinny dipping in the middle of the lake at night on our boat after quite a few cocktails, where the only light around is the moonlight. It was easier for her to let go of her inhibitions. And she has a blast with us every time the 4 of us go out and do this! She told me her biggest concerns was that 1) it's full of strangers(not just the 4 of us anymore), and 2) it's bright and sunny during the day...so everyone...can see everything. She's a lil self conscious about her body, that's all.

    When I said I was "working on" her, it was just another way of me saying "I'm trying to ease her fears about everyone else who will be out on the Isle and that people wouldn't be gawking at her. Please forgive me. I'll be sure to explain myself more clearly in the future.

    I told her I would find out if the Isle has any times where you do not have to be au naturel to visit, hence why I started this post to begin with. But nonetheless, no "pressuring" of anyone will be happening. We're not teenagers. I will be out there on the Isle, along with my soon to be hubby regardless. I could care less who's out there with us, including her and her hubby, although it would be nice for them to experience it with us.

    Anyways, thanks again to everyone for your input. We both appreciate it!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31

    Default

    I'm not sure about CTI we went to CSS about 2 years ago I was in the same boat as her not really sure it was my thing. My husband wanted to try it but I was shy, being overweight and lots of stretch marks and scars. We promised to try it right away and if either said no way then it was the textile side there after. I'm very glad we did it early on because we found ourselves heading to AN side every time after that. Tell her it really is different and well worth jumping the hump of what you think will be very embarassing place. I have never felt so welcomed and met such wonderful people. no one was a gawker or made you feel weird. I would say try it the first day and see how it works if no then no harm no foul, but at least you tryed.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Get her to read this thread...I am sure it will allay any innate fears (which we all would have experienced before taking the plunge initially).

    http://couples.com/mb/au-naturel-13/...acation-10073/

    Hope it works out for you all.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    Get her to read this thread...I am sure it will allay any innate fears (which we all would have experienced before taking the plunge initially).

    http://couples.com/mb/au-naturel-13/...acation-10073/

    Hope it works out for you all.
    Good idea! Thanks, I'll do that!

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pchez View Post
    I say "My friend" because her husband is looking forward to the experience as much as we are. No weird love triangles here thank you very much!

    Ahh, that explains it. And hey, I wasn't judging, for some people "love triangles" work and more power to those folks. My question really did come from honest curiosity. I hope your friend gets up the courage to try the island at least once; it's really fun to be nude in a sunny, warm climate like Jamaica.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    Ahh, that explains it. And hey, I wasn't judging, for some people "love triangles" work and more power to those folks. My question really did come from honest curiosity. I hope your friend gets up the courage to try the island at least once; it's really fun to be nude in a sunny, warm climate like Jamaica.
    I guess the way I worded it did kinda sound like that after I re-read it myself lol. And I know...I can't wait! It's gonna awesome out on the Isle...I just know it! :-D

  17. #17

    Default

    I was nervous when I first went there 3 years ago. My wife said lets give it an hour, then decide. We never went to the clothed side after that. Most of us equate nudity to sex, so that is what our hang up is. Well, there is nothing sexual about it. It's just a bunch of people with literally nothing to hide. I actually got a bro hug from a guy who was leaving, and it wasn't weird....well...too weird.

    Anyway, my most memorable moment was sitting at the bar talking Big 10 football with an older gentlman from Ohio. I highly recommend to anyone who does not have a juveneille mentality about nudity. Oh, and hit the tanning booth. Certain spots have never seen direct sunlight.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Totally agree!!!!! I was so uncomfortable, but after some time, a few drinks, and realizing people werent just lurking around--the feeling became amazing. It was so amazing just sitting in a chair, looking at the Caribbean, nude..

  19. #19

    Default Most replies are only half true....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pchez View Post
    I have a friend who will be joining us on our trip to CTI, but she is a lil shy and doesn't think she will be able to handle getting naked in front of everyone. Don't worry though, i'm working on her as we speak ;-) lol. But in the event that she does not want to try the au naturel way, does she not get to experience and enjoy going out to the Isle? I thought I heard/read somewhere that the au naturel island was only at certain times. Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks!
    It's a little intimidating to go to the Island the first time but your friend needs to be aware that you don't have to drop everything the minute you get over there. You can walk over and find a lounger and undress discretely. Just remember nobody is judging. You almost always find regulars who make the experience a lot more relaxed. It took me 4 days to work up the nerve my first time at Couples and all I can say is I'm sorry I wasted so much time. Now I am usually one of the first. I am not barbie material and most who enjoy the island aren't. I am the mother of 7, grandmother of 2 and almost 50. We've been to Tower Isle (going again 12/14) and Sans Souci (there again 12/13) and have never had a problem. Enjoy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •