Default Couples Swept Away....AC???

Hi,

My fiance and I are in the process of planning our Honeymoon for the middle of August. I know of the website it says that the room at Swept Away are fully air conditioned, but a family friend who went a few years ago said their room did not have AC. So I just wanted to ask those of you who have recently gone to CSA, do all of the rooms have AC?

Also, from CSA is the shuttle to Margaritaville but boat or bus?

We have been debating between CSA or CN for a couple weeks now....any advice on which one to pick would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!!!

The AC works, and I have never heard of a room that did not have it. No worries here!
    You can walk to Margaritaville. Face the ocean, turn left, and walk 5 minutes along the beach. No need to take a shuttle
    Have fun!
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by meganbrad View Post
    Hi,

My fiance and I are in the process of planning our Honeymoon for the middle of August. I know of the website it says that the room at Swept Away are fully air conditioned, but a family friend who went a few years ago said their room did not have AC. So I just wanted to ask those of you who have recently gone to CSA, do all of the rooms have AC?

We have been debating between CSA or CN for a couple weeks now....any advice on which one to pick would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!!!
    Yes, all the rooms have air cond.

the shuttle to Margaritaville is a bus/van. If you are staying @ CSA it is walking distance. Not recommended to walk there after dark

Both CN @ CSA are wonderful and would be a great destination for your honeymoon. Which ever one you choose take advantage of Trading Places and visit the other for the day.

All the rooms are air conditioned and you can get them quite cold in a matter of hours. Margaritaville is a 5 to 10 minute walk up the beach from CSA. It's not worth the effort.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Every room has AC at CSA. My recomended pick would be CSA, nothing against CN.

We are in the exact same boat! So whichever you choose I would love to hear how it went and see some pictures!!

Every room we have had as had AC,(3 trips) and it worked so well most night we had to turn it up cause the room was to cold. We have always stayed in the Atrium.

We haven't gone on the Margaritavile trip via the resort but I am sure it is by a bus. You can walk down if you want, as facing the ocean its to the left about 10 minute walk.

A/C is in all rooms... you can choose not to use it of course and let the ocean breezes come in.

Default There is no wrong choice here.

Hi,

Thanks guys!!!
    There is no wrong choice here.

You can walk from CSA to Margaritaville in 10 minutes along the beach. Interesting walk. From the beach at CSA, if you look to your left, you will see a giant yellow floating trampoline parked in front of Margaritaville. I think there is a Shuttle Bus from CN. Nice to do once for one drink. Just to say you were there. Paid $15.00 for a Red Stripe and a Dirty Banana. Mr Buffet is doing well for himself. Just sayin. Pretty sure all rooms have AC at both resorts though we have never stayed at CSA. Our favorite, CN has the Au Natural beach(once you go you will know).
    Check out the romance rewards program. On your first trip to Couples you qualify for the Trading Places option. You can spend a day at the other resort.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

All rooms have a/c. Margaritaville? Um...you can find that in the States...go enjoy all that is Jamaica! If you must go there (I went only to buy a tshirt for my brother), it's a short walk down the beach.

First of all, every room at any Couples Resort has AC as well as ceiling fans. The Atrium and Beachfront Suites do not have glass in the windows but the screens keep out bugs and the adjustable wooden louvers open and close for airflow or privacy. Never a problem cooling the room down for the evening/night. Other room types do have glass but we prefer to hear the night time sounds of Jamaica.
    Second, the shuttle to Margaritaville is a bus but I would suggest you take a left turn on the beach one day and walk about 10 minutes to arrive there as well. Walks on the Seven Mile Beach are one of the great things about CSA. If you go right (north) you will pass several other resorts and parks. If you go left (south) you pass many small resorts, local restaurants, and shops.
    CSA is our favorite Couples. Very relaxing with the most dining options as it is the largest of the Couples. Across the street is a 10 acre sports & fitness complex with lighted tennis courts (five clay and five hard), two squash courts, two racquetball courts, a fully equipped gym with the latest fitness equipment, 25-meter lap pool, aerobics, yoga, an outdoor jogging track, steam rooms, saunas, Jacuzzi, and a basketball court. Lessons included. and includes a full sized lap pool, gym, tennis courts, and health juice bar.
    There is entertainment each evening at the Palms Restaurant and a piano bar above the Patios Restaurant and night club for late night fun. The main resort pools are a little on the small side but the beach is the draw during the day! Like I said...CSA is our favorite Couples Resort.

All rooms at csa have ac as nd ceiling fan. I find it gets too cold for us so we end up just turning the fan on at night.
    Margaritaville is a ten minute walk down the beach at most, overrated imo. If you wou like some pics of csa, trip #5 booked for April, email me at clemons371@gmail.com

Hi,

Thanks guys!!!

Just got back from CSA 3 days ago. First off, AC worked in our room--was almost too cold at times, but you have control of the temp--was very nice, as it was in the upper 70's at night! Our group went to Margaritaville, it's just down the road about a block, but you have to take the shuttle bus. It was just 'ok' there. Nothing too impressive, overpriced drinks and food, and because we had a party of 6 or more they tack on 18% tip. That part wasn't too bad..as I have waitressed before. What we found quite appalling was the server short changed 2 of our 3 couples. I kind of think intentionally! Luckily we caught it and got the correct change back. We were not very impressed--no special 'out of this world Margarita' either.

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at CN--loved both! CSA has a much bigger beach, and we are big beach bums, so I think we preferred CSA. You will have a great time!! Enjoy!! ** Look for Edwardo bartending-- he is awesome!!

All the times we have been to CSA we have had AC one time it went out and they came to fix it as soon as we called. NO PROBLEM...

Hi,

Thanks guys!!!
    We will be going back to CSA for our 3rd trip next month- each time we stayed there our rooms had A/C. So I am not sure what the website was talking about. We have stayed in the Atrium and Garden suites. As far as Margaritaville- take the bus or walk- there is not a boat- its only a few hundred yards down the beach from CSA.
    Flip a coin and choose either CSA or CN. Either way you will have a blast- we just love CSA.

We haven't been to CSA in a few years because we loved CSA but LOVED CN more but will tell you this - All the rooms at CSA do have AC. We were there before the expansion (2003) so were in one of the old buildings with the screens & shutters (no glass windows) & the large covered porches & our room did have AC even though there were no actual windows. It was not hot inside the room .... We didn't have a TV but that was fine with us. If you prefer a larger more spread out resort with a busier beach, CSA will be better ..... If you prefer a more compact resort with a quieter beach, then CN will be better. Like I said earlier, we haven't been to CSA since it expanded but it was our first Couples experience after some other AI's in Negril & we loved it but the next year, we tried CN & LOVED it WAY MORE so that's our home. Quieter beach, calmer water, smaller resort, GREAT staff ... PERFECTION!!!! Trip #6 was in December to CN & trip #7 to CN is already booked .... We've been to CSA 1X & CSS 1X .... CN is HOME.
    Julie

Hi,

Thanks guys!!!
    All the rooms as far as I know definitley have A/C, maybe way back the Garden suites didn't.
    The shuttle to Margaritaville is by bus. Also I would stick with CSA , the beach alone speaks for itself. Very romantic Jamaican vibe to this resort. CN looks ok , smaller but more social. CSA is a little more spread out where you can get involved or just have some quiet time.

We went to CSA May 2012 and stayed in a beachfront verandah suite and it did have fully functional AC :-)

My husband already responded to this, but yes, our BFVS had AC and it worked great!

Ok... been there 10 times since the early 90's... all rooms have A/C... 'nuff said...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We have been to CSA 3 times. We just returned Feb. 2. The trip was even better than last year ! The weather cooperated......sunny, hot.......and everything about the resort was top notch.

I'm pretty sure all rooms have A/C. Our A/C wasn't working very well the first day. We told the management about it, and they sent someone out immediately to fix it. Actually we had to turn it up, because it got too cold.

We walked to Margaritaville. It's less than a 10 minute walk fro CSA. Just check out at the guard shack when you leave and check back in. We had lunch and a couple drinks and walked back. You would have to take a taxi, shuttle or the catermeran to Rick's.

I have been to CN back in 1999.......it was a year old at the time. It was nice, can't say a bad thing about it; but I prefer CSA because of it's lay out. The beach is long, and we always get the Beachfront Verandah Suite 1st floor, so we can just walk out onto the beach. All the restaurants are 5 stars in my opinion, the service is great and we did not have any problems at all.

My choice will always be CSA. And having just been there, I can say that with confidence. Enjoy your trip !

Yes, all rooms have AC. Some rooms have screened windows with wood shutters to close them off, most rooms have glass windows that do not open. All rooms have french doors that open out to a verandah.

Not sure if there is a "shuttle" to Margaritaville, but it is only a short walk down the beach from CSA, 5 or 10 minutes. Walking would not be an easy option from CN. You will find most on the message board agree that Margaritaville is a bit pricey and not necessarily a "must do". However if you are a Parrothead and wish to go they have games, entertainment, food and drinks during the day as well as at night so if you really want to go I suggest walking down the beach sometime after noon and checking it out. We usually walk down at least once while we are at CSA just to take a look around, maybe have a beer and take a few pictures.

I can recommend CSA from personal experience, others prefer CN. I honestly don't think you can go too far wrong with either.

Have a great trip!

Hi,

We've been to CSA twice, last time in 2011, and remember having AC both times...though we really never needed it.

Haven't done the Margaritaville excursion...but if you're asking about mode of transportation...it's bus.

Many will have a preference of CSA or CN but that is personal preference. To that end you'll need to determine which meets your personal needs in order to choose one over the other. That being said...both are beautiful so it's not likely someone would be disappointed by going to either. Here's some differences:
    - CSA is larger/more spread out than CN
    - CN has most facilities (i.e. restaurants/pool) centralized with peripheral living areas while CSA has it's facilities at either end of the resort and lodging in-between.
    - CSA has a longer beach, but CN's is deeper
    - CSA has part of it's property (fitness/spa facility) accross the road, unlike CN
    - CSA offers the Aura Lounge/Nightclub with disco in the evenings while CN has the Piano Bar with karoke
    - Buildings at CN are 3 story "hotel style" while CSA has those as well as smaller units (Beachfront/Atrium)
    These are just some of the differences, though others on the message board could easily point out more. Hope this helps in your planning.

Have fun and enjoy whichever Couples Resort you choose.

Bart & Bug

I am interested in knowing this also as we are hoping to book our first Couples vacation

They all have AC, and our Atrium Suite (MOST UNIQUE ROOM I'VE EVER STAYED IN!!!....loved it!) was always nice and cool. We were just there this past September for our honeymoon. It was the most amazing vacation I've ever been on, and I've been on 22+ cruises, many island stays, and 4 other AI's. Amaaaaazzzzzinnnnggggg.
    I'd recommend CSA over CN. We went to CN for the day and I definitely didn't love it. Couldn't wait to go "home" to CSA.

Laura