Hybrid View

Default CSA-difference between Beachfront and Beachfront Verandah

I have searched and searched but can not find the answer to this question, and the website does not have any info other than "no tv" regarding the Beachfront. What is the difference between the beachfront suite and the beachfront veranda suite?

The BVS rooms are in a 3 level hotel type building that all face the water with smaller balconys but all have glass in the windows and TVs. They are located on the south end of the resort. The PBFS rooms are in villa type buildings that are much more private with only 3 units in each. They are surrounded by walkways and vegetation. Upstairs is one Premier and one regular BFS. The regular does not face the water from the balcony. The Premier has a huge balcony that faces the water. Downstairs is the largest Premier BFS room with a wrap around porch to relax on. None of the Beachfronts have glass in the windows! They have screens for the bugs and adjustable wooden louvers for ventilation or privacy. They also have no TV which works fine as the no glass allows the sounds of Jamaica to come into your room at night rather than what your neighbor is watching or falling asleep to on their TV. The rolling waves lapping onto the shore and the peeping tree frogs will lull you to sleep...ahhhhhhhhhhh. All rooms do have AC that works very well.

The premier beachfront suites and beachfront suites are 4 to a building and older and more rustic. I would KILL to stay in one. The beachfront verandas have 12 to a building and I'm not positive but think the newer side of csa including all the veranda category rooms, Greathouse, swimup bar and pools was completed in 2005. Great views from most rooms although our 2nd floor bfvs was obstructed by palms. Loved the first floor. Second and third floor would be more private.
    Bfs and Premier bfs will be first or second floor.

By googling this question I found out that the main difference is that the BFVS are newer, and have a TV. It appears that the BFS used to not have a minibar?...but I believe all rooms have a minibar now. Does anyone know if all rooms have a hammock? I believe that is the most important question my wife would like answered at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by smittyj17 View Post
    By googling this question I found out that the main difference is that the BFVS are newer, and have a TV. It appears that the BFS used to not have a minibar?...but I believe all rooms have a minibar now. Does anyone know if all rooms have a hammock? I believe that is the most important question my wife would like answered at this point.
    No, not all rooms have hammocks. In fact, only the Atrium Suites have hammocks on their porches.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by smittyj17 View Post
    I have searched and searched but can not find the answer to this question, and the website does not have any info other than "no tv" regarding the Beachfront. What is the difference between the beachfront suite and the beachfront veranda suite?
    There are several differences:

• TV vs No TV
    • Screens in windows with AC (BFS) vs glass in windows with AC (BFVS)
    • Location, location, location (happy to share a map - amy.welch@hotmail.com) - BFS are located on the north end of the beach, in blocks of 4 rooms each (2 top and 2 bottom). BFVS are located on the south end of the beach, in blocks of 12 rooms (4 across, 3 floors high).
    • Porches/balconies: BFS have much larger balconies/patios than the BFVS

Hope this helps! We've stayed in both. Happy to share our room pics if you email me above.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We have always stayed in the Beachfront Verandah Suite........not the Beachfront. Our room had a TV, mini bar and fridge. Ours was closer to the beach. We walked off our verandah a few steps, across the sidewalk and we were on the beach.
    The other catagory might be an oceanview verandah, which I believe sits back farther from the sidewalk and beach. I don't know what the rooms offer in that catagory. They may offer the same things as the BFVS. Someone who has stayed in that room would be able to tell you. We love the BFVS, 1st floor. Now they give you a key to the verandah door which makes it very easy to go back to the room at anytime. Not a long walk. Our preference will always be the BFVS.

Beachfront Suites do NOT have a hammock. Only Atrium rooms have a hammock (they're on the old side of the resort, and if you're really lucky with the Atrium category, you may actually get a room with a full ocean view - they're just a tad behind the regular BFS rooms). We LOVE the BFS rooms!!!

The beachfront suites are older and larger. As others have stated, there are no TV's, which we never missed. We stayed in beachfront suites on two occasions, and would NEVER prefer the BFVS. It's not that BFVS aren't nice, we just like the BFS so much more.