Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Default Just wanting feedback - CSA

    My husband and I just returned from CSA. I am just asking for opinions because I'm just curious as to what others think: Here is the situation.

    There were two ladies there together. If they were gay, that to me is fine because they are a "couple"........and the resorts are "Couples Only"......right? I don't know if it was true, but I heard someone say that they over heard this 'couple' say, "It was really nice of our husbands to let us come".

    If that's true, then do you think it's ok for them to be there........technically they are a 'couple ladies'.......but they are not a 'couple'.

    I just want to know what others think about this.

    And, by the way, there was another couple ladies that truly were a couple. No problem with that at all.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    949

    Default

    I agree with you. If they are truly a couple it's ok. Maybe Couples should be a little stricter and turn them away at check in. Think about if a family showed up with young children and tried to check in wouldn't they be turned and the fact that the two ladies bragged that their husbands let them go.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    987

    Default

    I don't think it is a big deal really, as long as the weren't cruising for men at the resort. If they were staying as a "couple" and behaving as such it seems to me they are not really breaking any policy. Maybe technically, but at least not the spirit of the policy. 'Couples Only' as opposed to 'singles' is the idea. No harm, no foul is my opinion. Maybe their husbands allowed this "girls vacation" to Couples because they new their wives would be safe from... well you get the idea.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Hrmmm.....this is a tough one. I don't love the idea, honestly, because I feel that the whole idea behind couples is about romance between two people, not fun between friends.

    I would be annoyed if there were two guys that went to "get away from their wives" and were just there partying or whatever, so while I think the woman wanting to relax away from their husbands is fine, but not at Couples. I mean, it specifies the target audience in the name of their brand, for crying out loud! Go to another adults only resort.

    Laura

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Frankly, I think you are filling in a lot of blanks on the two ladies that arrived "stag" without their husbands. Could have been a snippet of information you overheard without context... for example, their husbands may have "let them come" to SweptAway for a "Trading Places" day while they slummed it at Couples Negril or at the golf course. Could have been anything... an unforeseen cancellation, perhaps.

    You asked, that's what I think... I tend to not put much stock in what others think about what someone overheard about someone else... not to be rude, but that would be the definition of gossip.
    Chris

    "In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    My husband and I just returned from CSA. I am just asking for opinions because I'm just curious as to what others think: Here is the situation.

    There were two ladies there together. If they were gay, that to me is fine because they are a "couple"........and the resorts are "Couples Only"......right? I don't know if it was true, but I heard someone say that they over heard this 'couple' say, "It was really nice of our husbands to let us come".

    If that's true, then do you think it's ok for them to be there........technically they are a 'couple ladies'.......but they are not a 'couple'.

    I just want to know what others think about this.

    And, by the way, there was another couple ladies that truly were a couple. No problem with that at all.
    I agree with you that it's not ok. Couples is for couples - they're quite clear about this, all the way down to the name of resorts. People who ignore that are rude, and if it's allowed to continue and become more common, the resort's feel will suffer. We've seen this ourselves on trips and it's frustrating. I'm sure there'll be a pile of people who jump in and say "what other people do shouldn't impact your vacation" and they're right to the extent that it's only one or two instances. But in our experience, we saw it much more frequently each trip. Non-couple couples travelling and "grouples" of people travelling in packs. What others do doesn't affect us but the atmosphere of a place does, and that can be impacted by how others behave and conduct themselves.

  7. #7

    Default

    Can't wait for this thread

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    382

    Default

    We met a couple of women at a CSA repeaters dinner that had this exact same scenario. They lived on St. Johnsf or some island in that area and they were at CSA without the hubbies so they could enjoy the spa and fitness center as well as all the other amenities. They were definitely not there on the prowl or anything.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    798

    Default

    We were at CSA a few years back and went parasailing with along with a couple of men. The two men said they were with a group of Canadians where the men hang around with each other playing bocce ball all day while their wives sat in the shade and talked. They said that other couples at the resort probably thought they were gay. These two guys were a hoot and were having fun just being good friends.

    Life is good

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Frankly, I think you are filling in a lot of blanks on the two ladies that arrived "stag" without their husbands. Could have been a snippet of information you overheard without context... for example, their husbands may have "let them come" to SweptAway for a "Trading Places" day while they slummed it at Couples Negril or at the golf course. Could have been anything... an unforeseen cancellation, perhaps.

    You asked, that's what I think... I tend to not put much stock in what others think about what someone overheard about someone else... not to be rude, but that would be the definition of gossip.
    They were there for a week.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I don't think it's a big deal. They are not single, so they aren't flirting or anything. They are just wanting a relaxing vacation. Besides not having sex, what is the difference? They aren't hurting anyone. If you hadn't overheard this bit of gossip, would you have known they weren't a couple?

    My best friend would love to go with me to somewhere like this. We could head to the AN beach together, which neither of our husbands would be up for normally. We could get massages, eat good food, and relax on the beach. Heck, we wouldn't mind sharing a bed. As long as we weren't partying and carrying on, how would it effect anyone else?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    328

    Default

    When I got married at CSA back in Oct 2004, my 2 brother in laws (or soon to be) wanted to come. Couples allowed them to "room" together and stay at the resort w/o issue. Maybe because it was our wedding? Neither of them had girlfriends at the time. Was never an issue as they weren't there to find women but to enjoy the resort and our wedding. If it matters, my hubby is british and his family (parents and brothers) came over from the UK. My parents were the only ones that came from my side.

    I personally don't have an issue with it as long as they aren't hitting on other people's spouses and such.

  13. #13

    Default

    My opinion is that we do not have facts, other than some partial hearsay. In the absence of facts, I can't draw any conclusions.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Hmmm. This topic will swirl the drain soon I think? I'm sorry and don't mean to be rude but, it's not like the folks @ the front desk can ask the 2 ladies while checking in, "Are you a couple in love?" And if they'd have said no, would they be turned away? I say forget about it and I hope you totally enjoyed your time in paradise. Life is too short to get wrapped around the axle on this topic... LOVE & Respect - Razzl

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Frankly, I think you are filling in a lot of blanks on the two ladies that arrived "stag" without their husbands. Could have been a snippet of information you overheard without context... for example, their husbands may have "let them come" to SweptAway for a "Trading Places" day while they slummed it at Couples Negril or at the golf course. Could have been anything... an unforeseen cancellation, perhaps.

    You asked, that's what I think... I tend to not put much stock in what others think about what someone overheard about someone else... not to be rude, but that would be the definition of gossip.

    That's exactly what I was thinking...

    Were they flirting with your husband?? Maybe you should mid your own business and let others be.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

  16. #16

    Default

    We just returned from CSA as well and I did meet a women who was there with her grown daughter. I thought it was an odd choice of resort for them and also wondered why CSA allowed it. It would definitely change the vibe of CSA if the definition of couple is just 2 people traveling together.

    Maine Girl

  17. #17

    Default

    I believe my wife and I would enjoy "our" vacation without any thought as to the "status" of the two people
    CN, Oct 2012, CN May 2013, CN Dec 2013, Booked CN Dec 2014 2015,

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    It does happen! When we were at CN for New Years Eve week 2012, there was a European couple with their four (4) daughters, who appeared to be in their late teens to mid-twenties. The daughters were very well "behaved" ie: didn't draw attention to themselves by loud, obnoxious behavior or by flirting with other guests (!!)...however, it was surprising to see a family at Couples. We had never experienced that during any of our previous couples vacations.

  19. #19

    Default

    CSA is a Couples Only.......which again to me means people who are a "couple".....in love, regardless of sex, wanting to have a romantic vacation. There are plenty of 'adults only' resorts that they could go to if they wanted a week away from the husbands.
    Quote Originally Posted by CareAway View Post
    I don't think it's a big deal. They are not single, so they aren't flirting or anything. They are just wanting a relaxing vacation. Besides not having sex, what is the difference? They aren't hurting anyone. If you hadn't overheard this bit of gossip, would you have known they weren't a couple?

    My best friend would love to go with me to somewhere like this. We could head to the AN beach together, which neither of our husbands would be up for normally. We could get massages, eat good food, and relax on the beach. Heck, we wouldn't mind sharing a bed. As long as we weren't partying and carrying on, how would it effect anyone else?

  20. #20

    Default

    Hey, don't upset with me........I was just stating my opinion. No, they were not flirting and you are missing the point of my inquiry. Relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking...

    Were they flirting with your husband?? Maybe you should mid your own business and let others be.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Our first trip to CSA, there was actually a single person there. She was part of a large wedding party (sister of the bride I believe) that all came down together, and she had to get special permission to stay on the resort as a single person. So I don't think I would have a problem with two ladies coming to the resort together sans husbands, even though it's not the norm, and it definitely doesn't go with the spirit of Couples resorts.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    I believe my wife and I would enjoy "our" vacation without any thought as to the "status" of the two people
    I think there's a little more to it than that.

    One year on the MB, a woman inquired about staying at Couples with a female friend because they were celebrating their divorces and wanted to go a little crazy. I don't remember exactly what they said, but something in the language they used suggested that they were interested in some meaningless flirtation. People on the MB unanimously suggested that they look elsewhere. They didn't.

    We were at CN at the same time that the two recent divorcees were, and they fostered quite a hostile environment at the swim-up bar. They were extremely flirtatious, dancing inappropriately with some of the men, gyrating on top of the bar, orchestrating a round (or four) of body shots, etc.

    Unfortunately, there were a few wives who had gone off on a shopping trip and left their husbands at the pool bar. When they returned to the scene with their husbands and the divorcees, it was not a pretty picture. It was a train wreck.

    Now, it was not the fault of the divorcees entirely, but they arrived at the resort with an agenda. The husbands should have left the area when the women started behaving in appropriately with them, but not everyone makes the best decisions when alcohol is involved.

    One of the reasons we (and a lot of people) choose Couples is that this sort of thing typically won't happen if everyone who stays at the resort is part of a couple. If some people are part of a couple and other people are singles looking for a wild time, conflict can ensue.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default

    So I don't think I would have a problem with two ladies coming to the resort together sans husbands
    So, to be consistent, you would then be OK with two single guys deciding to stay at CSA?

    While it definitely wouldn't disrupt my vacation, I like the idea of "COUPLES" and if more and more singles are allowed to stay there, I think that, at some point, the thing that makes us all love Couples Resorts would no longer exist...It would become nothing more than an upscaled Breezes.

    My hope is that Couples does a better job letting people know immediate after they have booked accomodations that this is a COUPLES-ONLY resort, and singles aren't welcome. I realize that some people will still lie to get around that, but they would be farther and few between.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •