Default CN Experts, advice is much appreciated!

Greetings All,

My husband and I are very excited about our upcoming trip to CN in August 2013! We have never been to CN, only to CSS for our honeymoon 2 years ago.

This trip we are coming with my parents (35th wedding anniversary) and grandparents and since we have no prior experience there I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer or give feedback on...

1. We are staying in a Garden Room and I was wondering what the condition of the rooms are like? I have been reading that many are in need of a facelift and would appreciate any feedback as I would like to have an idea.

2. My hubby and I enjoy our wine and I was wondering what the choices are for wine at CN?

3. What are the similarities or differences between CN and CSS (aside from the location lol)?

I would love to hear about personal stories or experiences at CN to ease my questions or concerns as it was me who chose CN for my family! It is Couples so I am sure I have nothing to worry about, as we loved CSS, but I would love to have some reassurance prior to travelling.

Thanks in advance for all your feedback!

Tara

I'd also have a question, in the Ocean View rooms, is there a bathtub or just a shower?

Stayed at CN last year in July. Our first trip was 5 years ago to CSS. Did not have a garden room, had a beach view room. They were nice, nothing to write home about, but we enjoyed it. At CN the main road is right outside the resort, and with garden rooms, that means they are closer to it. So road noise took a day or two to get used to even from our room. It is not like SS where once you get on the resort, your forget there is an outside world. That to me would be the biggest differences in rooms on the 2 resorts. Room difference between ours and a garden view is you get a view of the beach from your balcony. That's about it, but we value that view, so that's why we stay in those types.

Wines, don't remember the names of them but I don't believe you can ask for a particular brand. When we were served wine, basically just get a choice of red or white. But I am not a big wine drinker, so ........
    Kenney

Resort differences vary to a degree. CN is larger but on one level basically, not all the steps to climb like at SS. Beaches are larger at CN, and water seemed to be clearer. However beach is not secluded to CN guests. People from other resorts and vendors are allowed to walk the waters edge and vendors are plenty there. But being larger, seating is abundant. We felt the looks or tropical feel at SS was better, to us a more tropical lush environment. We also felt SS was more intimate and personable. Not knocking CN as we liked it too, but SS was just more so.

Au natural was better at SS to me, no outside people walking the beaches right past you like at CN. But we got used to it. At SS there is a pool and hot tub and bar on this beach. At CN only a bar. But the water and beaches tad better at CN if you don't mind folks walking by or swimming close to you when unclothed.

Main pool about equal at both, but SS has mineral pool which was better in my opinion than CNs other pool. Restaurants are about comparable I think. But seemed the nightly entertainment was a bit better at SS than at CN

I think if the beach and water is the most important thing to you then CN is a better choice. Loved the Catamaran cruise there as well. But if a more intimate lush setting with a smaller resort and pretty decent beaches are most important, then SS is the way to go.....
    Kenney

Quote Originally Posted by tax View Post
    Greetings All,

My husband and I are very excited about our upcoming trip to CN in August 2013! We have never been to CN, only to CSS for our honeymoon 2 years ago.

This trip we are coming with my parents (35th wedding anniversary) and grandparents and since we have no prior experience there I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer or give feedback on...

1. We are staying in a Garden Room and I was wondering what the condition of the rooms are like? I have been reading that many are in need of a facelift and would appreciate any feedback as I would like to have an idea.

2. My hubby and I enjoy our wine and I was wondering what the choices are for wine at CN?

3. What are the similarities or differences between CN and CSS (aside from the location lol)?

I would love to hear about personal stories or experiences at CN to ease my questions or concerns as it was me who chose CN for my family! It is Couples so I am sure I have nothing to worry about, as we loved CSS, but I would love to have some reassurance prior to travelling.

Thanks in advance for all your feedback!

Tara
    Hi Tara,

First of all we have been to both CN and CSS, and I am very torn as to which is my favorite.

The biggest difference to me with the rooms is view difference. At CSS all rooms have an ocean view which I love! Even the Beachfront rooms at CN are not what we consider Beachfront. The rooms just like CSS are not the Ritz. Negril experiences issues with the water pressure as well. (be warned just in case).

Now having said that, the beach will blow you away! It is incredible! You will love the pool, it is very large! You will appreciated the fact that the pool is the "epicenter" of the resort. This resort is much more compact than CSS with your grandparents you will appreciate that. The grounds at CN are still downright beautiful, although in my opinon you cannot beat the grounds at CSS.

Otaheite is my hands down favorite restaurant between the two resorts, although last time we were at CN Lychee was under construction so we have yet to try it.

I'm not going to lie, I will miss Pierre, but it has been awhile since we were at CN and it is the first Couples Resort we fell in love with, I am really excited to return there.

You picked a great one to switch it up with! We have stayed at the 2, but been to all 4.

Relax you will love it for entirely different reasons.

Marie
    CN 06, 07
    CSS 08, 10
    CN April/2013