Default American Airlines out of Chicago

I am looking at flights for March 2011 and noticed that AA has a direct flight out of O'Hare. The last time we went to CN we flew AA out of Chicago and booked a direct flight. Several months before we left they changed it so there was a layover. I do NOT want to go through this again and am wondering if any of you can relate your experiences.

Thanks!!

We've been really lucky with AA out of O'Hare. We only did the non-stop once, this past April, as it wasn't an option on prior trips. No problems. We've, knock on wood, actually never had route changes or really much in the way of delays with AA. I'm sure if we flew more than once or twice a year that would change, as all airlines experience this, but we've been lucky with them so far.

We did the AA nonstop May/June of this year and it was great. No changes or delays , friendly crew, movies both ways. We booked the same flights for March 5-12 2011 and are keeping our fingers crossed!

We have had great luck with AA out of O'Hare. In fact I've been watching the flights and they have just recently added the non-stop to and from MoBay for our March trip.

We used to fly Air Jamaica, which was great. You could upgrade to first class for $175/person each way. Now that they are gone there are not too many non-stop options.

We are close to booking our trip for 2/24 - 3/5. We fly from Peoria at 6 am to ORD and then get the non-stop to Mobay at 8:10 arriving at MBJ at 1:10.

Last year we had to go thru Miami. All went well but you spend the entire day traveling.

We were on the non stop aa flight out of chi this last April and are on it again this April....2011. We didn't have issue.
    Erika & Sean

I have been a frequent flyer of AA for years but, I have chose not to use them for my trip to JA in 2011. It has nothing to do with the airline but, with going all the way to O'hare. I live around the corner from Midway now and we will be flying on Airtran this time. We will have to get up at the crack of dawn in order to leave on a 6am flight.

Wondering if anyone can tell me if a 50 min layover is enough time when leaving for Jamaica. I am looking at a STL to ORD flight that arrives at 7:20am with a connection to MBJ at 8:10am. Wondering if that is enough time as i have never been to ORD.

Thanks!

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

Yes, I see AirTran has a direct flight out of Midway, which we booked for July.
    When we went last June, there was no option of a direct flight, either from O'Hare or Midway. Hope the flight doesn't get changed, it will be nice not to have to go through security twice on the way home, Customs in Miami had long lines. Also, a 4 hour flight makes it that much better!

Trhops - if you are flying the same airline for both flights, I think you will be okay. If not, 50 minutes may not be enough time due to getting your baggage on the right flight, less so getting you to the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by trhops View Post
    Wondering if anyone can tell me if a 50 min layover is enough time when leaving for Jamaica. I am looking at a STL to ORD flight that arrives at 7:20am with a connection to MBJ at 8:10am. Wondering if that is enough time as i have never been to ORD.

Thanks!
    trhops - we flew into Chicago from Columbus, OH this past December. We had about the same layover and we were able to get to our connection with some time to spare. Depending on WHEN you are leaving, i.e. winter, there is a chance you will get delayed due to weather so there is risk involved. I guess delays are a risk regardless, but is a higher chance in winter for Chicago. My 2 cents