Hybrid View

Default Renovations at CSA for Summer 2013?

Hi to everyone,

First time poster - my future wife and I are looking at honeymoon options this summer and we've narrowed it down to Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away. We're a bit meticulous (read: anal) about knowing what we're getting into, and while on TripAdvisor found this as a response from management at CSA:

Couples Swept A... M, Manager at Couples Swept Away Negril, responded to this review
    February 8, 2013
    Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Couples Resorts and providing us with helpful feedback...

...All rooms are being renovated this summer for next season.

I called Swept Away directly, and the girl said I needed to contact general reservations. After asking for specifics about what the renovations were, reservations was very vague - "I don't have any dates, but if it was major construction we'd have a warning on the website. Other than that I know about nothing planned."

Does anybody have details? Thanks in advance, looking forward to reading more about Couples' experiences

We haven't heard of anything at all - and Couples is really good about letting guests know of any renovations that may impact their stay. If something is going on, it's possible that it's just isolated to a certain room block and could be as simple as painting or new linens.

Also keep in mind that more often than not, people post of TA impersonating hotel management.

We will be headed back to CSA this May for trip #3 - it will be our 11th Couples trip. We've stayed at all four properties - it all started with our honeymoon to CTI back in 2002. So just be warned - you may get hooked too! I'm also happy to share our packing list and other tips we've learned over the years if you'd like - amy.welch@hotmail.com
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015