Hybrid View

Default CSA ATM Question

I saw on a map that CSA has an ATM.

Anyone know the rates for withdrawing from this ATM? Does is dispense Jamaican Dollars?

Is it better of going to a Cambio (keeping in mind taxi fees, etc)?

Thanks for suggestions / help!

Quote Originally Posted by kcroc16 View Post
    I saw on a map that CSA has an ATM.

Anyone know the rates for withdrawing from this ATM? Does is dispense Jamaican Dollars?

Is it better of going to a Cambio (keeping in mind taxi fees, etc)?

Thanks for suggestions / help!
    Yes, the atm at csa is upstairs from the lobby. It dispenses US dollars. I don't remember the exact fee, but i think it was $4 or $5. We ran out of cash (off resort spending) so this came in handy for our airport shuttle and porter tipping.

Rachel

Thanks, but I was really only interested in using it if it dispensed Jamaican Dollars, and the fee was low. Otherwise, I might as well go to the Cambio.

I want to use Jamaican Dollars while I'm in Jamaica- I don't want to receive change back from US dollars at the vendors current exchange rate - it wouldnt be in my favor!

The current FAQ list on the Couples website now say that there are no ATM machines on property so they may be phasing those out. I think they want to eventually be on a cashless system. If not, the fee was $6, plus whatever your bank fee would be. It dispenses US dollars and is definitely better than going to an Exchange bank. Also, don't exchange for Jamaican dollars - everyone prefers US. The hotel and most merchants (except local vendors) also take credit cards.

Just make sure to take enough cash with you so you won't run out. Happy to share the amount and breakdown of what we usually take with us - amy.welch@hotmail.com
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by kcroc16 View Post
    Thanks, but I was really only interested in using it if it dispensed Jamaican Dollars, and the fee was low. Otherwise, I might as well go to the Cambio.

I want to use Jamaican Dollars while I'm in Jamaica- I don't want to receive change back from US dollars at the vendors current exchange rate - it wouldnt be in my favor!
    They won't give you change back in Jamaican dollars. The only place I've ever seen do that was Rick's Cafe in Negril, but only to patrons who didn't speak up. US dollar transactions get US dollars back in change. Honestly, most vendors do not want Jamaican dollars, they want US.