Thread: CN or CSA???

Default CN or CSA???

Need to make a decision soon but can't decide between CN or CSA? What appeals to us are the swim up bar(like to meet people from all over), massages on the beach, nice room and balcony ..... Leaning toward CN but CSA looks a bit nicer.
    Please help??

You can't go wrong with either resort. CN has a larger swim-up bar area and a massage area right on the beach. Rooms are more "hotel like" at CN than CSA but nothing to complain about. Balconies are good at both but better at CSA if your room catagory is "Premier Beachfront Suite". Hope this helps towards your decision!

If you are pool people, then go to CN. Not sure what rooms there have balconies, but someone here will tell you for sure. Good luck deciding.

Trip #5 to csa booked for April . Shows you which one we like better. If you would like some pics, email me at clemons371@gmail.com

I've been to both. CN is really small. You will likely make friends/get to know all the guests there before you leave. CSA is HUGE! I personally like CSA better. Much more to do....easier to find seclusion. The beach at CN was gross. Sea weed all along the waters edge. You couldn't walk in it without being covered in it :-/ CSA- no sea weed. Crystal clear blue water. Looks much cleaner than CN.
    Hope this helps If you have any more questions I'll be glad to help

I've been to both.........for me it's CSA everytime. I love that the resort property is not very deep, but it is long. Much more beach area to spread out. Love the BFVS catagory........closest to the beach. Food, restaurants and service is 5 star, in my opinion. Been there 3 times and plan on a 4th and more.

Quote Originally Posted by alewis View Post
    I've been to both. CN is really small. You will likely make friends/get to know all the guests there before you leave. CSA is HUGE! I personally like CSA better. Much more to do....easier to find seclusion. The beach at CN was gross. Sea weed all along the waters edge. You couldn't walk in it without being covered in it :-/ CSA- no sea weed. Crystal clear blue water. Looks much cleaner than CN.
    I HIGHLY doubt the beach at CN was "gross." I'm glad everyone has their own special Couples resort, but I wish people would be more respectful of other people's choices. Personally, I haven't been to either yet (58 days until CN!) but I picked CN because I kept hearing that one will be calling your name, and that is the one you should pick. I liked the smaller, more "romantic" feel, and CN seemed a little more "authentic" Jamaican feeling than CSA. I'm also not really into sports, so I knew I wouldn't use the facilities. I'm definitely more of a beach person than a pool person, but who doesn't love a great swim-up bar?

Been to CN and CSA, we like CN much better. WE like it because it's not so spread out. When your trying to decide where to eat you can walk from restaurant to restaurant and check out the menus without it being a hike. My wife like the compactness of CN because you can use the bathroom in your own room rather than a public restroom. If you want to check your email from home your always walking by it. The beach at CN is much nicer, deeper, plenty of room and there is an ample amount of chairs. At CSA we had a harder time finding chairs on the beach. At CN you also have the AN option also. But you can't go wrong with either!

Never seen a dirty beach at CN. In fact during my last three trips I`m usually out by the pool every morning having coffee when the beach guy is out there raking the beach at daybreak. They rake the whole beach every day. Just sayin.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

The beach at CN was gross. Sea weed all along the waters edge. You couldn't walk in it without being covered in it
    DO NOT even consider this bit of feedback. Could the beach have a sea weed issue at a particular point in time? Sure...it is a natural ecosystem tha constantly changes. I have spent 29 nights (4 stays) at CN (8 more nights soon come in April) and have not encountered a sea weed issue.

Can't comment on CSA yet...going for the first time in June. 110 days, 1 hour 20 minutes
    The beach by and large in Bloody Bay is PRISTINE! We've been twice, once to CN and another time to a neighboring resort. Both times no seaweed and the water was calm and crystal clear. Just an amazing beach. I suppose if a storm came through it could cloud the water and bring some seaweed in but when were were there in March and December of 2011 it was beautiful.

We loved CN and will definately be back. While the resort geography does have it's pluses (all very well articulated in previous posts) there is a big negative in terms of privacy (my opinion only), small resort footprint lends well to socializing but finding a private spot on the beach could be difficult. While Bloody Bay is beautiful, the 2 mile stretch of beach is largely populated with 5 all-inclusive resorts and little else, out side of the Office of Nature (which is unique) and the handful of vendors between SATP and the Riu Club, there just isn't much.

We're very anxious to try CSA partly because we'll have direct access to restaurants and bars along Long Bay (5 Miles of beach). We love being on the resort but for us it's also improtant to get out and see/do a bit more.

CN is a beautiful resort with "nice" rooms, gorgeous beach, nice pool/swim up bar, great food and service...we loved, loved LOVED it! They also have an AN beach which we din't use but may be a draw to others.

As stated previously "go with the one that calls to you"; I don't know why we chose CN first, but we did and don't regret a minute of it...the Couples experience is special and you're going to get that at either resort. The morning we had to leave CN was a very sad morning indeed.

You might consider signing up for the "Romance Rewards" program and using the trading spaces program by visiting the resort you don't chose for a day.

Enjoy your search and know that no matter which resort you choose CN or CSA you will likely not regret it, after all you'll be in Jamaica with "toes in sand and rum in hand".

As someone said, go with the one that is calling you. Have been to both 4 times to CN once to Swept Away, going to both this year in October, a split stay. As far as the beach being gross, I highly doubt that, unless you were there the same time I was at Swept Away this year. I very easily could have Said Swept Away Beach was gross, sea weed everywhere, hard to walk, smelled, and I would not have been lying or exaggerating but I would be wrong in representing what the beach normally is. We were one of the first flights in after Hurricane Sandy, the hurricane actually cut our stay down by 2 days. We had 2 couple with us, that had heard nothing but how beautiful the beach was. Well guess what? The beach was gross, covered with sea weed, hard to walk on and smelled. I could body surf on the waves coming in and the water was brown, not the clear blue that you normally see. All water sports were cancelled the entire time, and it was a red flag. But you know what, within 3 days of getting there, the sea weed had been raked, large holes dug in the sand, and it was buried. The beach was quickly getting back to normal and the waves were slowly subsiding and the water getting clear. The 2 couples that had never been, saw and knew what had happened, and are now Coupleholics and going back in October with us again. So if you saw it covered in sea weed, it probably was, but that is not the normal way it is, and they will work hard to clear it, after all it is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean that does get affected by wind and hurricanes once in a while.

We were at CN in November 2010 and CSA in December 2012. The pool area at CN is bigger. However overall, CSA was our favorite.

Default CN or CSA - that is ALWAYS a topic for discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by briglenn View Post
    Need to make a decision soon but can't decide between CN or CSA? What appeals to us are the swim up bar(like to meet people from all over), massages on the beach, nice room and balcony ..... Leaning toward CN but CSA looks a bit nicer.
    Please help??
    I have been to both resorts in the last 4 yrs. and will be at CSA again, in just 13 days. Woo Hooooo, can hardly wait!!! With trying to help you in your dilemma, as I had the very same one not so long ago, may I suggest that you search on my screen name "warmweatherfriend" and then review three postings: 1) CN review - Feb. 27 thru March 7th, 2010; 2) Veterans of BOTH CN and CSA only please!; 3) CSA Review - Feb. 26 thru March 6, 2011.

With these threads, I hope that I can be of some help to you. Good luck!!!