Default Dunn's River from CTI

Sorry donít mean to spam this board with all my questions butÖ

After reading some of the posts it looks like the best way to do Dunnís Falls is make sure there are no cruise ships in that day (so itís not as busy)Ö Well thatís all great but how do I find out if there is a cruise ship in at the time. I tried googling stuff but unless I know specifically which cruises go there, itís not that easy.

Also I know the bus leaves for Dunnís daily at 9am but do we need to ďreserveĒ a spot for this or is it just turn up and first come first serve and hope they donít run out of space on the shuttle/bus?

The website to check your dates for Ocho Rios:
    Cruises To Ocho Rios, Jamaica | Ocho Rios Shore Excursions

First come, first serve. Those buses hold a lot of people and there are two. No worries.
    Juell and Andy (Jandy)

Quote Originally Posted by Trimada View Post
    Sorry donít mean to spam this board with all my questions butÖ

After reading some of the posts it looks like the best way to do Dunnís Falls is make sure there are no cruise ships in that day (so itís not as busy)Ö Well thatís all great but how do I find out if there is a cruise ship in at the time. I tried googling stuff but unless I know specifically which cruises go there, itís not that easy.

Also I know the bus leaves for Dunnís daily at 9am but do we need to ďreserveĒ a spot for this or is it just turn up and first come first serve and hope they donít run out of space on the shuttle/bus?
    Usually Sunday mornings there are cruise ships in port. Maybe someone has the website that has the ships schedule of when they will be in port
    No need to make a reservation for the Dunn's river excursion Just show up. They will add vans as needed.

When you check-in to Couples, you will get a weekly schedule with instructions for how to sign-up for the Dunn's River Falls trip. I've never seen the trip get so full they had to turn people away, so no worries, mon! It's offered everyday except Fridays.

For the Port Ocho Rios cruise schedule, check out this website (click on the month you will be there): Cruise TT : Your Cruise Ship And Port Timetable - Schedule for the Port Of Ocho Rios for March 2013

But to be honest, even if a ship is in port, Dunn's may be more crowded but you'll only be with the Couples group which is separate from the general public.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Google "Ocho Rios Cruise Ship Schedule".

We tried this in 2011 and picked a day to go to the falls when their were zero cruise ships in Ocho Rios. The Fall's were however completely slammed. Turns out there are also cruise ships in Falmouth, plus tour operators sell Dunn's River tours from cruise ships in MoBay. Plus you have all the resort people to contend will. All that said, don't let it keep you from going. It's part of the Ochee experience. Just don't expect to have the falls to yourselves because you were savvy enough to figure out when no cruise ships were in port.

S/F
    Scott and June

Last I knew Sunday was the day to go. We got there right as they opened, literally no cars in the parking lot. We were in, had a great time and we back at the resort around noon.

I think you just show up for the bus?

Quote Originally Posted by Richli2 View Post
    Usually Sunday mornings there are cruise ships in port. Maybe someone has the website that has the ships schedule of when they will be in port
    No need to make a reservation for the Dunn's river excursion Just show up. They will add vans as needed.

Correction. reply should read Usually Sunday mornings there are NO cruise ships in port.