Hybrid View

Default Horseback rinding at CTI

I have been looking through some of the old posts talking about “Included” Horseback riding but I don’t see anything on the list of included activities. Am I blind and missed it or are they no longer offering that? So I guess I will just ask a bunch of questions in one post.
    Is horseback riding included at CTI?

If not , can you still purchase it though CTI?
    If so how much?
    Do they still support it, as in give you transport to and from the location or are you entirely on your own?

If it is included, despite “No tipping” is it still a good idea to bring $$ for that, and on that note, anyone who has been before is there anything we should bring. Common sense says camera, maybe water/something to drink but anything else?

PS we are booked for May 11th-18th if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Trimada View Post
    I have been looking through some of the old posts talking about “Included” Horseback riding but I don’t see anything on the list of included activities. Am I blind and missed it or are they no longer offering that? So I guess I will just ask a bunch of questions in one post.
    Is horseback riding included at CTI?

If not , can you still purchase it though CTI?
    If so how much?
    Do they still support it, as in give you transport to and from the location or are you entirely on your own?

If it is included, despite “No tipping” is it still a good idea to bring $$ for that, and on that note, anyone who has been before is there anything we should bring. Common sense says camera, maybe water/something to drink but anything else?

PS we are booked for May 11th-18th if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    The horseback riding excursion was eliminated about 3 years ago. You can contact the company that does horseback riding. It is no longer included in your AI package,but Couples will arrange it. Wearing long pants is suggested for a more comfortable ride

I'm happy to share our packing list with tips of things we've learned over the years - amy.welch@hotmail.com

Horseback Riding is no longer included as part of your stay, but there are multiple outside tour companies that you can pay for if you still want to do it. We aren't allowed to mention those third party companies on the message board but I'll be happy to share via email. However, no worries, because there is a Tour Desk in the CTI lobby where you can book all sorts of activities with outside groups once you arrive. Horseback riding prices range from $50 tp $80 depending on the ride. They typically have mountain trail rides or ocean beach rides.

Also, for any outside excursion you book, the tour company typically also takes care of your transportation to and from the resort.

The NO TIPPING policy is only for Couples employees. You'll still want to bring cash to tip outside tour guides, baggage handlers, bus drivers, etc.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I replied to a similar thread a few weeks/month ago but now I can't find it-- so I'll try to briefly reanswer these questions!

Horseback riding is no longer included at CTI. It is still available through Chukka tours (Adventure Tours & Activities in Ocho Rios | Chukka) <-- the Horseback ride n swim
    which is booked through a Chukka staff member that is on site in the CTI lobby.

We paid ~$90-100per person, but I believe they will let you negotiate (did not know this in advance, so didn't do it-- you can see it's $74 on the website).

The price includes transportation to and from the excursion site, where you will take a short ride through some tropical forest/along the beach, and then a swim around a bay (it's not actually in the ocean waves as the pictures may depict).

We brought $10 to tip the bus driver and tipped our horseback guide $20- he was awesome and our personal photographer (bring a waterproof camera!). We wore jeans for the first ride, and they let you change for the swim- just wear a swimsuit. They have some snacks and drinks for purchase on site if you need, and a bathroom/changing area.

Hope that helps!

I was at Couples TI back in 2004, and the horseback riding was included. However, I just booked a return visit and it is available only as an add on for $90 per person. I took the tour in 04 and it was beautiful and amazing, definitely bring a camera and wear pants for the ride. I am pretty sure they still support it as they offer it as an extra but I'm not 100% sure. From my experience outside ventures such as Dunn's River Falls, Horseback riding and such are all OK for tipping, but inside the resort a strong "no tipping" policy is enforced. Hope that helps a little!

Horseback riding is no longer included. You can purchase rides, at Chukka Cove, through Annette at the tour desk, she's a special lady. Transportation is provided with your booking. You'll pass Chukka on your way to Ochi. Check out their website to see the variety of rides offered. We did the beach ride and swim several years ago and enjoyed it. You should tip the guides.