Default CSA Diving Question

I am a certified PADI diver and I no longer have my dive book. Will CSA let me dive without it or make me do the resort course? It have been 3 years since my last dive.

I think all you will need is your dive card. Since it's been three years, you will have to do a pool check, but not the resort course. If you don't have your card, contact your dive shop or where you got certified and get a copy or another card. Wait till you meet the dive guys at the resort, what a great bunch!

Just curious why you don't contact Padi and get a new card ? Or is your dive entry records you think you may need?

Quote Originally Posted by tabnkirk View Post
    I am a certified PADI diver and I no longer have my dive book. Will CSA let me dive without it or make me do the resort course? It have been 3 years since my last dive.
    They may make you do some skills tests in the main pool. Hubby doesn't keep a dive book so when we arrived at CSA last year he offered to do the pool course. They let him go out on the dive anyway and watched him then when they realized he is an experienced diver, he was good to go.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

My husband didn't have his dive book the first time and he was okay. They'll asked when the last time was that you dove. Be honest because if it's been a while, a little refresher might not hurt. Better safe than sorry. If you dive frequently, it should not be an issue.

Thanks, everyone for the feedback. I found my book! We leave in 10 days and I can't wait!

tab, wait till you see the new boat! A 46'er and supper easy out and in. Sure do miss that water!